News Article: A Conversation with Steve Yzerman (video)

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I'm old so maybe my ears are going but it sounded like she kept saying Billy Husso

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Daniella should be Manon's replacement on BSD... She is tremendous

But…nobody can replace Manon in my heart…

giphy.gif

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Daniella should be Manon's replacement on BSD... She is tremendous
Heck make her Keating's replacement. I don't know who she is but she did a great job in that interview.

Not much insight gleaned from that interview
I don't know that you'd gain any deep insight from any GM interview. But Yzerman at least spoke to some of his thinking about these players and why he liked them. Nothing too surprising but he confirmed what a lot of people had speculated as to why.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Heck make her Keating's replacement. I don't know who she is but she did a great job in that interview.

I don't know that you'd gain any deep insight from any GM interview. But Yzerman at least spoke to some of his thinking about these players and why he liked them. Nothing too surprising but he confirmed what a lot of people
had speculated as to why.
Yeah, i had it on the background and wasn't giving it full attention. But nothing really stuck out to me except --- he thinks after seeing Edvinsson in person, he's not as concerned about whether Edvinsson has the strength to play in the NHL or AHL.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
"we've had a hard time finding rightys in the 3 years I've been GM..."

This team had trouble finding rightys the years leading up to his tenure as well.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Have to agree...the Plausible Keats commentary alone is worth keeping him around.

"There's that old saying about not throwing the baby out with the bathwater, but this off-season it looks like the Wings figured that when your bathtub is full of baby carrots, it is acceptable to just tip the whole thing over, old sayings notwithstanding." - Plausible Keats

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
He's such a well spoken guy and very smart, not much intel from the interview but i did like the questions asked.

Reactions: ColdToiletSeats

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
He confirmed that he ”unfortunately” did not know about Pysyk’s injury at the time they signed him. Nice that he shows this level of honesty and openness

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
He confirmed that he ”unfortunately” did not know about Pysyk’s injury at the time they signed him. Nice that he shows this level of honesty and openness
I've only listened to the first few minutes so far (I'll have to listen to the rest after work), but I thought I heard him say the injury happened after the signing?

Reactions: golffuul and TKB

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I've only listened to the first few minutes so far (I'll have to listen to the rest after work), but I thought I heard him say the injury happened after the signing?
Yep, this is my recollection as well. Overall it was a solid interview, he gives reasonably good insight into what he is looking for with some of his signings. Very reasonable takes across the board.

Reactions: jaster

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Yeah, he said the injury happened after they signed him.

Reactions: jaster

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
You guys might be able to better glean from Yzerman's comments than me and it's just general impression he's giving but he seems to be confident about Edvinsson's progress. I remember he was a bit more reserved and cautious on Seider's development, atleast before his SHL stint. Just an observation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad