Post-Game Talk: A complete playoff team win!

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
dont get much worse then this.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-27 064022.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-27 064022.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: PuckG

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
I was thinking the Edmonton Earth would be a good name.

Turtle Island jersey FTW.

It can somehow span both oil sands and conservation politics. Its an awful awful name but so is Edmonton Elks....and it carries forward the EE.

Dont shame me.
giphy.gif

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Still no game time for Saturday? I guess if the Leafs win tonight they push up our game time otherwise we are the late game.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Still no game time for Saturday? I guess if the Leafs win tonight they push up our game time otherwise we are the late game.
Likely, but with Devils/Rangers at 6PM, if Vegas/WPG continues they could screw us with the 2pm game.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
For all of his bluster about hitting McDavid, Doughty is the one that has been getting clobbered and is starting to look beat up and tired out there.
Doughty tried the bigyap routine a couple times against the Flames and I remember it costing the Kings a couple seasons because instead of it being any advantage it took Doughty off his game and the Flames were getting the results. One season the Flames made the playoffs over the Kings and the interlocking games pretty much decided it. Doughty is long past Mark Messier type statements and isn't delivering on them at age 33. To my eye it only stirs the opposition to make statement like Doughty did. It didn't bother the Oilers specifically.

Doughty is using tactics that were helpful when he could more dictate results.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I'm pulling for the 2pm start. Too much shit on the go Saturday night lol

On one hand my favorite time of year, on another the most frustrating trying to tap dance around other commitments that are almost always less important than a playoff game.

There needs to be a bulletin sent out to charitable organizations setting up fundraisers and couples planning their weddings that reads "DON'T SCHEDULE YOUR EVENT FROM MID-APRIL TO THE END OF MAY WHILE THE OILERS ARE IN A COMPETITIVE WINDOW. YOU RISK LITERALLY NOBODY WANTING TO ATTEND YOUR EVENT."

• Haha
Reactions: TB12 and dsi

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
On one hand my favorite time of year, on another the most frustrating trying to tap dance around other commitments that are almost always less important than a playoff game.

There needs to be a bulletin sent out to charitable organizations setting up fundraisers and couples planning their weddings that reads "DON'T SCHEDULE YOUR EVENT FROM MID-APRIL TO THE END OF MAY WHILE THE OILERS ARE IN A COMPETITIVE WINDOW. YOU RISK LITERALLY NOBODY WANTING TO ATTEND YOUR EVENT."
My problem is I knew too many people who's parents decided to bang in late July many years ago.

4 birthdays today. 2 tomorrow. 2 Sunday. 4 on Tuesday

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Ullmark gave the game away for Boston tonight. His play is exactly why I wish Skinner would stop handling the puck so much. He gives it away so much and I feel like that could end up happening eventually. The rebound control is another thing I'm iffy on. lol
Yes indeed.
A goalies task is not to have offensive instincts, its to prevent goals.
It sure is flashy with those 1 in 100 games assists that Smith does, but as Skinner its to risky. Just steer it out to the corners.

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Top 3 stars for forwards I. This round
Draisaitl- was best by quite a bit
Kostin- played little bit contributed Big
Mcdavid- had some points but disappointing

Honourables- Foegele-- Bjugstad

Defense
Bouchard-- got better as the series went
Kulak- was really good carries puck no big mistakes
Eckholm - bit weak at times but played alot and hard