A Canuck player said....

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Sounds to me like a message of accountability to the young guys, if you want ice time you gotta earn it. OK I have no issue with the message itself.

Funny how accountability, for some mysterious reason, does not apply to veterans who's been getting prime time without the performance to back it up.

A tad hypocritical, don't you think?

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
IIRC Botch has hinted before at the Sedins taking subtle jabs at Jake. So my guess is Jake. But I honestly think it's meant as general advice.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
This isn't anything like last year when he called out Jake and/or McCann, just typical veteran/captain/coach speak.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
This can be applied directly to JV over anyone else. JV has regressed, not progressed. I would argue he is worse now at age 20 than he was at age 17.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It's a general statement to the young players. Nothing extra to read into.

Oddly enough, the Sedins have played terrible to finish off seasons in recent years.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
The Sedins should have a job With Canucks post retirement. Perhaps an athletic training role for players since they managed to always stay in great shape and healthy.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
As long as Henrik is delivering that message to the younger members of the team, I don't mind him saying that to the media.

Don't use the Media to deliver that message captain. Talk to these guys one in one or in small groups.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Goldobin? Maybe? :dunno:

He's our newest canuck and for some apparent reason he's had his butt stapled to the bench. Maybe it's been his attitude that's had him warm the bench because I haven't seen anything in his play to warrant it.

I think it's a little misleading saying "who" he's talking about as it sounds like a pretty broad statement aimed at all the kids.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
It's clearly directed at Daniel. Don't forget he's the younger one.

Not a chance. Clearly its Virtanen and maybe a warning to guys like Goldy and Stecher for next year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad