A bit of stick help.

IniNew

Dec 8, 2008
Keller
I recently purchased my first 2 piece stick and after a few games the blade is becoming wobbley of sorts. I wanted to double check and make sure that the glue used is simply glue from a hot-glue gun before I tried to secure the blade a bit more.

UserName

Jul 4, 2003
Visit site
I use regular glue from a glue gun.

I usually put a crap load on the hosel and heat it up over the stove (make sure it does't drip on the coils). Then right before i stick it in the shaft, i squirt a strip of glue around the inside of the shaft.

Makes it nice and sturdy.

Headcoach

Mar 29, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
www.passthepuck.net
I recently purchased my first 2 piece stick and after a few games the blade is becoming wobbley of sorts. I wanted to double check and make sure that the glue used is simply glue from a hot-glue gun before I tried to secure the blade a bit more.

Did you add the blade yourself? Or, did you buy it together? If you did...take it back! Have them fix it. If you added the blade yourself, you over heated the blade and the wax ran.

When you heat the shaft, just heat the shaft to have the metal expand, then add the blade. The heat of the shaft will melt the glue. Do not put the blade in and then heat the shaft again. This causes the glue to run. Just heat the shaft, incert the blade and let it cool down. Then test the blade.

Head coach

IniNew

Dec 8, 2008
Keller
Did you add the blade yourself? Or, did you buy it together? If you did...take it back! Have them fix it. If you added the blade yourself, you over heated the blade and the wax ran.

When you heat the shaft, just heat the shaft to have the metal expand, then add the blade. The heat of the shaft will melt the glue. Do not put the blade in and then heat the shaft again. This causes the glue to run. Just heat the shaft, incert the blade and let it cool down. Then test the blade.

Head coach

Thanks for the tip. I had the shop put the stick together, so I guess I'll take your advice.

iceman_88888888

Nov 23, 2005
on my 2 piece ball hockey sticks, i do something that may be out of the ordinary but it makes the blade feel really secure and solid.

i take off the glue that's on the hosel part of the blade and i put some tape on it covering all 4 corners (criss-cross on the top). i then take some stick glue and melt it onto the tape. the shaft gets heated up and then the blade slides in and there's no wobble or anything at all.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
on my 2 piece ball hockey sticks, i do something that may be out of the ordinary but it makes the blade feel really secure and solid.

i take off the glue that's on the hosel part of the blade and i put some tape on it covering all 4 corners (criss-cross on the top). i then take some stick glue and melt it onto the tape. the shaft gets heated up and then the blade slides in and there's no wobble or anything at all.

I'll have to remember that one- makes a lot of sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00