A better Fit?

nexusrage21

Dec 14, 2004
I have flat feet, and as a result my skates never fit right, and my ankles turn in and pronate a lot. This has a huge negative effect on my skating. I was wondering if anyone knows any skate brands which would be good for this problem? Or do you think possibly getting the skates heat molded would help?

Thanks in advance.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
your best bet is getting an orthodic implant. Baking the skates will help to an extent, but it will not solve the problem. I have flat feet and my problem was always pain in the middle of my foot that made any and all skates excrutiating after five minutes.. A simple heel lift solved the problem. A podiatrist prescribed orthodic or store bought implant might help.

ClicheGuevara

Mar 29, 2004
San Jose, CA
your best bet is getting an orthodic implant. Baking the skates will help to an extent, but it will not solve the problem. I have flat feet and my problem was always pain in the middle of my foot that made any and all skates excrutiating after five minutes.. A simple heel lift solved the problem. A podiatrist prescribed orthodic or store bought implant might help.

thats the same problem i have. would something like this help?
http://www.footsmart.com/Product.aspx?ProductId=115&cm_re=xsell-_-bottom-_-1
or would the prescribed route be the way to go?

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
If you've got insurance, you might want to go to a podiatrist for the expertise, but that looks like it's an orthodic that might help. Mine is a little bit simpler, but that looks like it's worth a shot. Best of luck.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003

nexusrage21

Dec 14, 2004
I have superfeet....didn't do much, but that might be because my boot has broken down a bit due to this problem. I'm gonna try them out again tonight for open hockey.

For me, its not about pain, but I lose mobility because my skates aren't at the right angle, so it takes extra effort to get going (playing inline btw). When I start out, I'm fine, but as the game goes on, I can't do anything.

nexusrage21

Dec 14, 2004
Currently using Reebok 6k's that I bought a little before christmas. My foot is a size 15/15.5 for a sneaker and flat and wide. I wear a 13 E skate which is pretty good, to be honest when I first got them they were fine, it was only when the boot began to breakdown a bit that I had a problem.

I have however had the same problem with any skates I have worn even when I was a kid, but when I was younger, I was lighter so it didn't push down so much, I'm 6'3" 220 now.

I have been looking into trying to find a skate that is stiffer with more arch support, but its difficult with the sizing, and my perpetual lack of funds.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Shouldn't be breaking down soo soon...then again I'm a lightweight so what do I know :D Yeah they're decent skates you got and if it wasn't a problem earlier idk...give the Superfeet another go but sounds like customs might be in store for you. But honestly, customs my dad had feel about as stiff as the Superfeet and ShockDocs I had in terms of the bottom layer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad