is what I would have named my kid

or

Please Trade Scuderi Long

or

My Name isn't all that's Long

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Please tell me someone remembers the thread on here (might have been letsgopens.com) about a poster pledging to name his son after an early 2000's era penguin... the speculation as to which player was incredible.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Found it. Never forget

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=539273

cheechoopens said:
My son Andrew "Jagr" was born on 4/1/01. Yes Jagr. It's legal; it's on his birth certificate. It took several months to convince my wife to the name but I was persistent. I gave her an opportunity about two weeks before the birth to change her mind but by that time, she was hooked. She actually finds the name very intriguing. Her friends find it equally interesting because it is so unique. Hockey fans turn there heads when we call out his name in public. This doesn't happen much because hockey fans scarce in these parts. These hockey fans have good comments when they find out that his name is after the talented superstar. Either way, no regrets what so ever. Just hope that he doesn’t **** anyone or gets caught with drugs in the future. We only use the name Andrew when at the doctor’s office. It's funny because we have to coach him to respond to Andrew when we go there. The kids had teased him a little at the beginning by calling him yogurt. That happens occasionally now but he takes it in stride, unlike before. My son is too much like the official Jagr. He talks too much; he complains and wines way too much; he's arrogant and he craves attention. I had wanted to respond sooner but I had forgotten my password and was too lazy to contact the administrator. I go on this board daily for about an hour but never register of course. You guys keep me connected and informed about our team’s (also the Steelers and Pirates) happenings. Keep it up. Thanks.

Last edited:

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
I wanted to name my dog Crosby and my wife wouldn't let me do it. They actually named their child "Malkin Crosby". :shakehead I feel bad for this child.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
My cousin named her daughter espn (pronounced s-pin)

...yep

on a similar note, it's really not that difficult to change the name so I've heard :P

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
My cousin named her daughter espn (pronounced s-pin)

...yep

on a similar note, it's really not that difficult to change the name so I've heard :P

Actually in Pennsylvania it is not only difficult but costly.

I have charged $750 for a name change fairly regularly, even if it is only one letter (I have done that before).

A petition needs to be prepared, presented in court for a judges signature, advertising in two newspapers, two background checks (one financial and one criminal) needs to be done, back in court, among other things. This is true, including the background checks, even for minors (the most common name change, when a person remarries and the kids/parents want the new last name).

So yeah, it is not easy in this state, or cheap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad