A baby was actually named Malkin Crosby Long

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

The poor child. They could have named him Sidney Evgeni Long. Or Crosby Malkin Long - Crosby's an actual name! But nooo...

Where's CPS when you need them...

So you are worried about the child being made fun of, so you then post a pic and name of the child and then proceed to make fun of his name?

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Hilarious. That's some crazy love for your sports team right there. :laugh:

I also didn't get using the last names. It seemed more logical to just name the kid Geno or Sid with one of their last names (Crosby or Malkin) as a middle name. I still wouldn't do it myself but still. His girlfriend or wife must be a pretty big fan too to be going along with all of this. :laugh:

Callista Rhian

Dec 27, 2014
Land of Ice & Snow
So you are worried about the child being made fun of, so you then post a pic and name of the child and then proceed to make fun of his name?

1) There's no way to embed the tweet w/o the pic

2) How am I making fun of him? There's a difference between making an observation and being mean - for instance, Oh poor guy, he spilled soup all down his front vs OMG sum idiot slopped soup all over himself lololol

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Could have been a little more creative...

Last year my son was scheduled to be born on 8/7 and I thought that was pretty cool (on top of everything else, of course). We ended up having to schedule his delivery a little earlier, but it was still fun.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I had a cat named Crosby because he was black and white and was colored like a penguin. Unfortunately he passed when he was 2 for feline leukemia.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
i'm amazed that people 1. care what other people name their kid 2. pity a kid for their name instead of just not caring about their name

shame

tons of nickname opportunities. kenny, geno, whatever. malkin is a cool and unique first name

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Now, I've long considered naming my first cat Meowkin. But, that's an animal, not a human being. That would be like naming my first child Ampersand because I am a Composition teacher.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Now, I've long considered naming my first cat Meowkin. But, that's an animal, not a human being. That would be like naming my first child Ampersand because I am a Composition teacher.

Could be worse. Much worse.

My girlfriend is a nurse. A woman had a baby and heard a pretty and unusual term in the hospital and insisted on using it as her baby's name. Catheter. Little baby Catheter.

Ampersand is sounding better now, eh?

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
Could be worse. Much worse.

My girlfriend is a nurse. A woman had a baby and heard a pretty and unusual term in the hospital and insisted on using it as her baby's name. Catheter. Little baby Catheter.

Ampersand is sounding better now, eh?

Catheter... :laugh: (sorry kid)

I associate Ampersand with 'Y: the last man'... so could be worse

Malkin Crosby huh? shrug. that is showing some die-hard fandom. Good nickname possibilities though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad