Value of: A 2nd line Center and PP Qb defenseman to Winnipeg in off season

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Given some teams cap issues, there could be many available. TBay can’t sign all of their RFAs and there is zero indication or reason any of their players would waive their
NMCs. Isles, St.L, Anaheim, Arizona, T.O, Chicago are all getting up there in cap space.
I think we may see a lot of movement with teams trying to restructure for cap and expansion draft reasons. Not saying it will happen, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see a blockbuster no one saw coming.

Of all these teams I don’t see any moving a Center. Maybe Arizona will consider moving Stepan but he’s not really a top 6 C anymore

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Ryan Strome and Tony DeAngelo sound exactly like what you need
If we’re taking DeAngelo, then we’ll need to either send Pionk or DeMelo back or trade one of them separately. With the Seattle ED coming up, we’d lose one for free if we didn’t.
The Jets biggest need is 2C, not D, so that’s where we should be focusing, and Strome doesn’t fit what we need in that role.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
If we’re taking DeAngelo, then we’ll need to either send Pionk or DeMelo back or trade one of them separately. With the Seattle ED coming up, we’d lose one for free if we didn’t.
The Jets biggest need is 2C, not D, so that’s where we should be focusing, and Strome doesn’t fit what we need in that role.

What exactly are your expectations? Because I just don’t see anyone better who could be available.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
What exactly are your expectations? Because I just don’t see anyone better who could be available.
Centers who looked "Good" in Rangers has a pretty bad trackrecord in Winnipeg, so we take him only if he comes free and signs cheap...

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Centers who looked "Good" in Rangers has a pretty bad trackrecord in Winnipeg, so we take him only if he comes free and signs cheap...

If you go back up my posts you will see I mentioned Dylan Strome as an option, not Ryan

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
If you go back up my posts you will see I mentioned Dylan Strome as an option, not Ryan

Sorry, my misstake, Im a bit off, dog is at vet and removed a massive tumor, but she will survive, unlike my first post which is just a massive fail =)

Reactions: 10Ducky10

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
I'd do RNH + Bear/Bouchard.

It's gonna cost you though, Ehlers/Laine + Copp or straight up Connor.

Fills the holes, albeit with more of a "prospect" type deal. I think it would hurt the Jets too much to do it, so probably a no, but as an Oilers fan it's what it would take for me.
As a Jet's fan it would suck to lose Connor, but RNH and Bouchard would be work for me.

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Don’t get me wrong. I’d love DeAngelo paired up with Morrissey, but Strome is a righty and we need a lefty C, plus I just don’t know how he’d mesh with Ehlers and Laine’s game.
But saying that, depending on what was being asked in return, it just might be worth the risk.

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
As a Jet's fan it would suck to lose Connor, but RNH and Bouchard would be work for me.
No thanks.
We need to add to what we have, not subtract from it.
RNH for Connor is lateral as our hole just shifts from 2C to 2 LW.
Jets need to add a 2C without losing any of our top 6 wingers.

Reactions: Snowman

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
No thanks.
We need to add to what we have, not subtract from it.
RNH for Connor is lateral as our hole just shifts from 2C to 2 LW.
Jets need to add a 2C without losing any of our top 6 wingers.
Then offer something worth a 2C because you guys are asking for the world and offering scraps. The trade needs to work for both teams not just the jets. If you guys aren't willing to trade any of your top 6 which is fine then add something worth it on the futures side because nobody is moving a legit 2C for anything but equal value or a prospect with high potential.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

0 interest without an extension for RNH

Something around Connor + Heinola for Barkov?

Barkov is great, but wouldn't give that up for 2 years of him.

As indicated by many Jets fans though, what the team really needs to do is try to add a piece likely from a team needing to move a player without losing a current player in the top 6. Obviously won't be an elite piece coming back, but the point should be to add, not shuffle the deck chairs.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I suspect Barkov is untouchable except for a major overpay.

He only has 2 years left and Florida is a complete mess and even in danger of relocation...

I am not sure they will consider trading him but looking at that roster situation that team is going absolutely nowhere in the next 3+ years with Bobrovsky, Matheson and Yandle taking up over 20M of capspace in a flat cap world and aside from Ekblad, Barkov and Huberdeau not much quality on their roster that isn't hitting UFA anyways...

After Tallon gets fired the new GM certainly should take a long look at this because if Barkov is not going to sign another contract (which seems very likely considering we don't even know if the team will be in Florida 2 years from now), this might be the last chance to get real value for him...

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Don’t get me wrong. I’d love DeAngelo paired up with Morrissey, but Strome is a righty and we need a lefty C, plus I just don’t know how he’d mesh with Ehlers and Laine’s game.
But saying that, depending on what was being asked in return, it just might be worth the risk.

We’re talking about Dylan Strome here, right? Because he’s a lefty. I had the younger brother in mind, not Dylan

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I meant I had Ryan’s little brother in mind**

I think he could be had from Chicago and would be a good fit for Winnipeg
Lol... ok.
Glad we got it cleared up. It was starting to feel like a “Who’s on First” skit.
Honestly, I can’t say I know enough about Dylan or his style to say one way or the other.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
This will definitely become a very spicy topic should the Jets land 1 OA next week. We would have a glut of elite wingers, many at excellent cap hits.

:)

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
If you want a PP QB type of defenseman or just a mobile defenseman, I would say wait for free agency to open. Tyson Barrie has played himself into a lesser contract than previously thought as well as some other decent depth options.

Using trade assets would be best spent on the 2C. The trade market will give Winnipeg more 2C options than free agency.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Jets need a 2C and some grit. We're pretty set at D with Samberg and Heinola in the pipeline and assuming Demelo and Pionk sign long term.

BattleLevel

Jan 19, 2014
I meant I had Ryan’s little brother in mind**

I think he could be had from Chicago and would be a good fit for Winnipeg
I think D. Strome is the most realistic outside option for the Jets. Seems like he's the best combo of skill, potential growth, and price out there.
Regardless, this has to be the year Chevy finally fixes 2C if they want to do anything in the playoffs. It's pretty clear that there are no good options in house.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad