Prospect Info: #90OA - Hurricanes Select LHD Domenick Fensore

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I mean if you're going to roll the dice REALLY roll em. We have enough guys in the A that could easily fill out our bottom 6 currently. Going for a skill guy like this hoping he beats the odds is more than fine with me.

FWIW if you have the Black Book the scout comments on this kid are f***ing hilarious.

Last edited:

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I mean if you're going to roll the dice REALLY roll em. We have enough guys in the A that could easily fill out our bottom 6 currently. Going for a skill guy like this hoping he beats the odds is more than fine with me.

FWIW if you have the Black Book the scout comments on this kid are ****ing hilarious.

Can you share a good one?

Reactions: cptjeff

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Hard to hit someone you have bend that deep to get down to. He gets some Quinn Hughes comparisons. I like the swing for fences approach too, but it is hard to imagine someone that short being good enough defensively to make it.

He’ll be a fun prospect to follow. That’s a trend this year, a lot of these guys look like they’ll be fun to keep an eye on.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Unless he’s Johnny Hockey or Marchand good at forward it’s irrelevant that he can play forward. You would also think if he was that good at it he would already be playing there.

He’s a dman. The art form of being a really good fourth forward/offensive dman is also a completely different mindset than forward obviously. There’s no reason to think he’d be any good at forward and it’s pretty rare that a guy who plays this style is any good moving up.

Strong chance this is a wasted pick but like others have said its good to swing for the fences, to me especially late in the draft. Picking another good old Canadian boy with character, poor skating and limited offense isn’t any more likely to help us out. You can pick a better version of that guy off waivers anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad