Post-Game Talk: #9| Kings at FLYERS |Tue., Oct. 28, 2014|

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Yeah, gotta get that in there no matter what. Us "Flyers fans" have no clue what we're talking about, Couturier is a bust and the Flyers are winning the cup. :shakehead :laugh:

Yeah, our whole team is really good, except for our second line center, he's a complete non-factor. Thank goodness That 70's Line was also a non-factor--and NOT because Couturier was faced off against them all game! It was because of Emery, Schultz, MDZ and the rest of our superstars! ;)

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Couts must have slept with a lot of people's mamas considering the amount of unwarranted hate he gets on this site.

tumblr_inline_n38f77ff3i1s2b4s5.gif

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Yeah, gotta get that in there no matter what. Us "Flyers fans" have no clue what we're talking about, Couturier is a bust and the Flyers are winning the cup. :shakehead :laugh:

Couts kept the hottest line in NHL from producing, but no points, equals invisible and over rated .

Got it !;)

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
He did a great job keeping the line contained even if he was terrible at faceoffs. But man, Read is terrible lately. That pass leading to the SHG against was just a terrible decision.

Wonder what's up with him, he's usually solid. Sucks Couts is stuck with him and Umberger as linemates. Wonder how he'd look centering Schenn and Simmonds. Bellemare's speed is nice with them though.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
He did a great job keeping the line contained even if he was terrible at faceoffs. But man, Read is terrible lately. That pass leading to the SHG against was just a terrible decision.

Wonder what's up with him, he's usually solid. Sucks Couts is stuck with him and Umberger as linemates. Wonder how he'd look centering Schenn and Simmonds. Bellemare's speed is nice with them though.

I agree, I like Bellemare's line, and Read really struggled last night. Bad decision making, wasn't handling the puck as well, and has seemed really slow too. Don't know what's up with him, I hope he gets back on track and this isn't the sign of regression because he has always been one of the most solid and consistent players on the team.

We gotta get Couts better linemates

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Read has been frustrating me a lot lately. He's one of my favorite players, but he's just been losing all his man on man battles (especially in the d-zone, but that might be because he's a little bit undersized). I know he's one of those guys who is probably going to score in bunches, but it would be nice to see him contribute away from scoring goals.

We need to go back to Read - Couturier - Simmonds. Having a RW on that line that could win all his battles on the d-zone half wall and skate the puck through the neutral zone was great.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well since we all know that Berube is putting Lecavelier back with Schenn and Simmonds the second he gets back I'd like to see Bellemare replace Umberger on the line with Read and Couturier. Then put Umberger on the 4th line where he belongs.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009

What I love is the logic of "I hate negativity" then promptly going into the PGT of a big win and insulting the whole board while continuing a weird crusade against one of our most important players.

I hate negativity so let me go over here and insult everybody and distract from the win.

Solefool

Jul 2, 2013
Couts must have slept with a lot of people's mamas considering the amount of unwarranted hate he gets on this site.

Take his hate as a compliment.

All their resentment comes from the fact that he's shutdown the majority of fans on opposing teams favorite player.

Eventually the hate will turn into unavoidable appreciation.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Take his hate as a compliment.

All their resentment comes from the fact that he's shutdown the majority of fans on opposing teams favorite player.

Eventually the hate will turn into unavoidable appreciation.

It's insane when our own fans hate him. I assume the same people fail to understand why fans get excited for repeat pro-bowl level offensive linemen, too.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What I love is the logic of "I hate negativity" then promptly going into the PGT of a big win and insulting the whole board while continuing a weird crusade against one of our most important players.

I hate negativity so let me go over here and insult everybody and distract from the win.

Well I guess it must just be over our heads, since we're all idiots of course. :sarcasm:

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Well since we all know that Berube is putting Lecavelier back with Schenn and Simmonds the second he gets back I'd like to see Bellemare replace Umberger on the line with Read and Couturier. Then put Umberger on the 4th line where he belongs.

The funny thing is we all know it's gonna happen too (Vinny back at C between Simmer and Schenn). What really bothers me is that with Bellemare in there you can actually give that line some defensive zone starts. Putting Vinny in that situation is just asking to get scored on. Consequently the Flyers have to give Couts those shifts/minutes.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Read has been frustrating me a lot lately. He's one of my favorite players, but he's just been losing all his man on man battles (especially in the d-zone, but that might be because he's a little bit undersized). I know he's one of those guys who is probably going to score in bunches, but it would be nice to see him contribute away from scoring goals.

We need to go back to Read - Couturier - Simmonds. Having a RW on that line that could win all his battles on the d-zone half wall and skate the puck through the neutral zone was great.

Last time Read looked like this, he was playing hurt. I suspect he's not 100% now.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The funny thing is we all know it's gonna happen too (Vinny back at C between Simmer and Schenn). What really bothers me is that with Bellemare in there you can actually give that line some defensive zone starts. Putting Vinny in that situation is just asking to get scored on. Consequently the Flyers have to give Couts those shifts/minutes.

Yeah, I think Bellemare's been a great fit on that line and that they've been good together but there's zero doubt in my mind it's getting split up as soon as Lecaveliers back. Unfortunately that'll make that line a liability 90% of the time so the least Berube could do is improve the Couturier line (by adding Bellemare and subtracting Umberger) to make up for it.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Face it, Akeson, VV and Rinaldo are a lot better than what we were rolling out on the fourth line last year (Rinaldo this year isn't racking up the penalty minutes). Doesn't mean we can't upgrade when Laughton comes up, with Cousins/Leier, but still an improvement.

Laughton, Cousins and Leier will not play on the Flyers 4th line.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Laughton, Cousins and Leier will not play on the Flyers 4th line.

I don't know how you can say that with any certainty. Most of our young guys start on the bottom line. Couts was a 4th line player in his rookie year I believe. Hopefully they'll end up as more than that (almost certainly with Laughton), but I think it's likely they start there.

Especially since Giroux, Vinny and Couts are our top 3 C's for at least the next few years barring any trades. Maybe we see Vinny move to RW I guess.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
I don't know how you can say that with any certainty. Most of our young guys start on the bottom line. Couts was a 4th line player in his rookie year I believe. Hopefully they'll end up as more than that (almost certainly with Laughton), but I think it's likely they start there.

Especially since Giroux, Vinny and Couts are our top 3 C's for at least the next few years barring any trades. Maybe we see Vinny move to RW I guess.

Next year, I'd like to see:

Raffl - Giroux - Voracek
Read - Couturier - Simmonds
Schenn - Laughton - Lecavalier
Umberger - Bellemare - Rinaldo

Left Rinaldo in, because you know he's sticking. Maybe switch Raffl and Schenn. But my point is, the glut of centers isn't as big of a mess as it might seem sometimes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad