1. Oleksiak
2. Campbell
3. Ritchie
4. Dickinson
5. Nemeth
6. Shore
7. Honka
8. Desrosiers
9. Faksa/Bystrom/Klingberg/Pollock/Ully (undecided)

Love the way Desrosiers played last year and everything I've ever read about his attitude and personality. Seems to have that drive to be great that is higher than his peers.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Voted Faksa

Still think he has good upside if he can groom in the AHL for a little bit. Looked pretty good in the playoffs for Texas.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Desrosiers for me. He easily has the highest ceiling than the rest of the prospects left.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Desrosiers had a great year buy I'm taking Cole Ully easily. The kid ran production for the Kamloops Blazers this season. Literally the only bright spot for that club.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Desrosiers for me. His upside is right up there with Campbell's and I think he's more of a "sure thing" than many of the other prospects still around to contribute in some way to the NHL team.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Ully. Sick hands. Good speed. Creates chances for himself. Was the man for Kamloops who played against the shutdown pair for every team in the WHL and was still good for a point a game.

Ully
Bystrom
Desrosiers
Faska
Stransky
McKenzie
Troock
Sinitsyn
Pollock
Glennie
Jokipakka
Hansson
Lindell
Elie
Vance

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I had a really hard time with this one. Guys like Faksa and Mckenzie have pretty good floors at this point and are likely to make it to the NHL, but then there are guys like Desrosiers, Ully, Bystrom, Stransky, who have quite a bit of potential and if any of them pan out they'll all likely be bigger impact players than Faksa and Mckenzie. I ended up picking Desrosiers because of his excellent season, but I almost picked Ully or Faksa instead.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
For me it was between Faksa and Desrosiers. Faksa is more of a sure bet to be an impactful player for the Stars, and he's gonna get there sooner than Desrosiers...by 4 or 5 years more than likely. Desrosiers has higher upside, but there really is no telling with a 19 yo goalie, so I went with the much more sure bet in Faksa.

Last edited:

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Voted Byström, but he and Faksa, Ully, MacKenzie and Desrosiers is on the same tier for me. Desrosiers probably last because he is a goalie. :naughty:

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
For me it was between Faksa and Desrosiers. Faksa is more of a sure bet to be an impactful player for the Stars, and he's gonna get there sooner than Desrosiers...by 4 or 5 years more than likely. Desrosiers has higher upside, but there really is no telling with a 19 yo goalie, so I went with the much more sure bet in Faksa.

How in the world is Faksa a sure bet

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
It's getting rather hard at this point, a lot of great choices now. Three good prospect that I like are Desrosiers, Faksa and Ully. With everything that Ully has shown, especially last season, along with his potential, I have to go with him. This is gonna be maybe the last one I get to vote on for few days, as I'm driving to Germany with few friends. Internet won't be available all the time.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Jeez, I'm counting up all of the remaining guys who should be in a team's top 20 prospect list and there are going to be some damn good players miss the cut.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Jeez, I'm counting up all of the remaining guys who should be in a team's top 20 prospect list and there are going to be some damn good players miss the cut.

Is there any reason we can't go to 25 this year? Usually interest falls off but in the doldrums of August waiting for Traverse City and preseason, why not? Some very interesting names are going to be around there.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Is there any reason we can't go to 25 this year? Usually interest falls off but in the doldrums of August waiting for Traverse City and preseason, why not? Some very interesting names are going to be around there.

piqued mentioned at the beginning that we have that many legit prospects but that keeping it 20 helps make it mean more. After the final voting we can all discuss who was boned and what order we would rank them after, without it being "official".

I personally don't see much difference between our 15-25 level prospects. Just so many good players. Hansson probably won't make it and he's one of my personal favorites.

ginblossoms

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
went with faksa. his performance after arriving in austin and gaining coach willie's trust during the playoffs puts him over the top for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad