GDT: #9 | Ducks at FLYERS | Tue. Oct. 24, 7:00 pm ET | NBCSP, PRIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS (5-3-0) vs. ANAHEIM DUCKS (3-3-1)

th
ckctj73.jpg

BROADCAST INFORMATION
TEAMS' WEBSITES
GAME PREVIEW, NOTES and STATISTICS
TEAMS' STATISTICS

Team GamesRecordPoints HomeAwayGFGAPP%PK%FO%Save Pct.
Philadelphia Flyers85-3-0103-1-02-1-0281824.2 80.049.6.921
Anaheim Ducks73-3-173-2-10-1-018194.0 82.957.0 .926
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PHILADELPHIA FLYERS
images

FLYERS' POSSIBLE LINEUP
Lines
28 Claude Giroux | 14 Sean Couturier | 93 Jakub Voracek
40 Jordan Weal | 51 Valtteri Filppula | 17 Wayne Simmonds
15 Jori Lehterä | 19 Nolan Patrick | 11 Travis Konecny
20 Taylor Leier | 21 Scott Laughton | 12 Michael Raffl

Pairings
9 Ivan Provorov | 8 Robert Hagg
53 Shayne Gostisbehere | 3 Radko Gudas
23 Brandon Manning | 6 Travis Sanheim

Goalies

30 Michal Neuvirth | 37 Brian Elliott (starter)

FLYERS' INJURIES and SCRATCHES
20 Taylor Leier, who missed Saturday's game due to an upper-body injury, is probable.
47 Andrew MacDonald out 4-to-6 weeks from Oct 22 perhaps related to a blocked shot to leg.
24 Matt Read could be a healthy scratch.
40 Jordan Weal, who missed Saturday's game due to an upper-body injury, is probable.
22 Dale Weise could be a healthy scratch.

FLYERS' POWER PLAY UNITS
1. Wayne Simmonds - Claude Giroux - Jake Voracek - Valtteri Filppula - Shayne Gostisbehere
2. Travis Konecny - Nolan Patrick - Sean Couturier - Ivan Provorov - Jordan Weal

ANAHEIM DUCKS
th

DUCKS' POSSIBLE LINEUP
Lines

67 Rickard Rakell - 15 Ryan Getzlaf - 10 Corey Perry
7 Andrew Cogliano - 50 Antoine Vermette - 33 Jakob Silfverberg
37 Nick Ritchie - 38 Derek Grant - 25 Ondrej Kase
21 Chris Wagner - 83
Kalle Kossila - 48 Logan Shaw

Pairings
47 Hampus Lindholm - 42 Josh Manson
23 Francois Beauchemin - 26 Brandon Montour

75 Jaycob Megna - 3 - Kevin Bieksa

Goalies
36 John Gibson (starter) - 1 Reto Berra

DUCKS' INJURIES and SCRATCHES
Jared Boll could be a healthy scratch.
Patrick Eaves was placed on injured reserve Oct 14 due to a lower-body injury. He did not travel.
Cam Fowler was placed on injured reserve Oct. 20 due to a lower-body injury reported as right knee.
Ryan Getzlaf is expected to return to the lineup after being sidelined due to a lower-body injury.
Korbinian Holzer could be a healthy scratch.
Ryan Kesler, was placed on injured reserve Oct 3 due to hip surgery.
Kalle Kossila was promoted from the AHL Monday. He could play Tuesday.
Hampus Lindholm is expected to return to the lineup after off-season shoulder surgery.
Josh Manson missed practice on Monday due to flu but is expected to play.
Ryan Miller was placed on injured reserve Oct 3 due to a wrist injury. He practiced Monday.
Dennis Rasmussen could be a healthy scratch.
Sami Vatanen was placed on injured reserve Oct 3 due to shoulder surgery. He will not play.

DUCKS' POWER PLAY UNITS
1. Rickard Rakell - Corey Perry - Ondrej Kase - Brandon Montour - Ryan Getzlaf
2. Hampus Lindholm - Antoine Vermette - Nick Ritchie - Derek Grant - Jakob Silfverberg
FUTURE SCHEDULE
Date
Game
Time (ET)
Television
Thursday, October 26
Philadelphia at Ottawa
7:30 pm
RDS2, TSN5, NBCSP
Saturday, October 28
Philadelphia at Toronto
7:00 pm
CBC, NBCSP+
Monday, October 30
Arizona at Philadelphia
7:00 pm
NBCSP, FS-A
Wednesday, November 1
Philadelphia at Chicago
8:00 pm
NBCSN
Thursday, November 2
Philadelphia at St. Louis
8:00 pm
FS-MW, NBCSP
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
OPPOSITION'S MEDIA CONTACTS
Los Angeles Times
Web site -- http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey/
Mike Coppinger's Twitter -- https://twitter.com/MikeCoppinger

Orange County Register
Web site --
http://www.ocregister.com/sports/nhl/anaheim-ducks/
Eric Stephens' Twitter -- https://twitter.com/icemancometh

GAME DAY THREAD MUSIC
"I Come from the Water" by Toadies

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I'm just bracing myself for them to put Manning in the lineup for this game. He was already ahead of Morin game 1. Maybe they'll pull the practice excuse: Morin needs to get a few more practices with the team under his belt.....because the week of only doing that on the west coast trip wasn't enough. Or maybe because MacDonald was a veteran, they need another veteran in, and Manning is a veteran (of 2 years) according to Hakstol.

Morin will play the next month+, but I think Sanheim will be transferring his time share with Boy Pup over to Morin.

Last edited:

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I expect Manning too.

Should be tougher game than the first if Getzlaf/Lindholm return

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Manning is definitely going to be a regular. Hakstol loves his zero dimensional vets. Anthony Mingioni already tweeted that he thinks they'll give Manning the shot first.

Like we don't have enough information that he's a nothing. When did Manning become some big physical player that can handle tough teams? He's f***ing average and gets pushed off just as easily as anybody.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Do the Ducks ever wear throwback jerseys to the Disney era? I know they are hokey but I really like those jerseys.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Charlie O'Conner says the practice lines look like this based on jersey colors.

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
Weal-Filppula-Simmonds + Read (grey)
Lehtera-Patrick-Konecny (green)
Leier-Laughton-Raffl + Weise (yellow)

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I am not very optimistic about Lehtera with Patrick and TK nor Manning-Sanheim.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
I'm going to need them to stop reserving the LW spot on the Patrick and TK line for a massive trash pile.

Also, Read was about 78x worse than Lehtera on Saturday and Lehtera had about a 3/10 performance.

Shoutout to Read for that good backcheck though.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It's okay the defense pairs were:

Provorov-Hagg
Ghost-Gudas
Manning-Sanheim.

As for the 4th line, I think we are going to see for most of the year Hak's reluctance to break up his reliable unit, even if it hurts other lines. He loves his untouchable 4th lines. Raffl is the perfect winger for the two kiddos.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I'm going to need them to stop reserving the LW spot on the Patrick and TK line for a massive trash pile.

Also, Read was about 78x worse than Lehtera on Saturday and Lehtera had about a 3/10 performance.

Shoutout to Read for that good backcheck though.
Patrick and Konecny haven't been that special except afew plays either though.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
It's even more puzzling when they play these guys too pair, in lieu of prospects, and OT, yet they don't reup their contracts. If they aren't good, then why are they playing at all?

Reactions: Rebels57

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Patrick and Konecny haven't been that special except afew plays either though.

Patrick has exceeded my modest expectations, given the injury and the way he looked in preseason. He has some great hands. Konecny i thought would be breaking out given how great he looked in preseason. He has disappointed.

Reactions: hatcher
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
The Ducks are struggling. Let's keep the ball rolling!

I hope it looks like this tomorrow:

Morin-Ghost
Provy-Hagg
Sanheim-Gudas

Should be good :).

breaking up the Ghost/Hagg pair is dumb as f***.
It is just a sign that they dont trust Gudas to handle first pair duties. I mean I can see it from their POV, Because if not Gudas who? Can Morin handle playing 25 minutes a night at the NHL level? I dont know.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
It's okay the defense pairs were:

Provorov-Hagg
Ghost-Gudas
Manning-Sanheim.

Dammit. This is the worst possible situation for Sanheim. He has to play the right side, which clearly plays against his strengths. He's just not nearly as good in the offensive or defensive zone. I hate this.

Plus now Sanheim is saddled with a trash can that is immune to criticism from the coach. If anything goes wrong, Sanheim will immediately be scapegoated by Hakstol even more than usual.

I have to think Hakstol's bias towards old school grinders who provide "energy", "grit", and "character" comes in great part because he was a no-talent trash can himself who racked up PIMs and never scored. So he naturally overvalues these characteristics and there impact on actually winning games.

Ugggh, let's sign back Bruno Gervais or Kurtis Foster so they can play the right side and leave Travis to play his best position. :help:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Dammit. This is the worst possible situation for Sanheim. He has to play the right side, which clearly plays against his strengths. He's just not nearly as good in the offensive or defensive zone. I hate this.

Plus now Sanheim is saddled with a trash can that is immune to criticism from the coach. If anything goes wrong, Sanheim will immediately be scapegoated by Hakstol even more than usual.

I have to think Hakstol's bias towards old school grinders who provide "energy", "grit", and "character" comes in great part because he was a no-talent trash can himself who racked up PIMs and never scored. So he naturally overvalues these characteristics and there impact on actually winning games.

Ugggh, let's sign back Bruno Gervais or Kurtis Foster so they can play the right side and leave Travis to play his best position. :help:

Also dont forget that since Manning is a f***ing idiot that doesnt know how to defer to more talented partners, Sanheim is going to have to play a passive game while Mandrew does he worst Brent Burns impersonation and roams all over the ice.

Can't wait to watch another lob pass over his head for a partial breakway because he pivots slower than an aircraft carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad