GDT: #9 | Ducks at FLYERS | Tue. Oct. 24, 7:00 pm ET | NBCSP, PRIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I don't see why people think Elliot is like Mason.

Mason is terrible in Winnipeg right now, but still has some of the best statistics a flyers' goalie has ever had. Elliot has looked decent through most of this season, and is awful today. But if Elliot turns out to have half as good of a career for us as Mason, then it was a very wise investment.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I like what I've seen from Hagg so far. He's not a top pair d-man, obviously, but neither is anyone else besides Provorov.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he takes over MacDonald's spot as the whipping boy, though. I knew that when I read "the coach likes him" for the first time.

Reactions: Alchemy

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
At 22 years old with 8 NHL games under his belt, it's clearly too late for Hagg to change.

He's had the same mentality for years. Maybe the light will go on one day and I hope it does, but I'm not keeping him in the NHL playing top 4 minutes hoping for it when there are better options.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I hear Pittsburgh good use a back up goalie? :)
Game like that.. what could Elliott do?

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Elliott is literally not even there.

@Striiker I am eating a steaming pile of crow over arguing with you over Neuvirth not starting.
Nah, its not like it was a discussion that had a right or wrong answer. It was just preference and it's not like you could've predicted the team or Elliott being THIS bad.

Unfortunately my fears were realized this time.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Games like these happen. This feels like the beginning of a 5 game slump

Yep. Especially if our mundane lifeless coach doesnt make changes.

Manning out
Morin in

Weise out
Leier in

Elliott out
Neuvirth in

Reactions: Nizzle

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
At least Elliott chose the right game to suck because we wouldn't have won this anyway.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Jared Boll?
Who's not even playing. He's only gotten minimal playing time so far because the Ducks have been the walking wounded to start the year. Either way, the only comp is a guy that's at best their 13th forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad