Post-Game Talk: 9 AM May 19th, 2024 - Garbage Bag Day at Warrior Arena

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
This franchise historically has never had issues laying out everybodies injuries right down to a hangnail at the end of the postseason.

I doubt they are hiding anything
I agree that it has been that way in the past. Unless you think they were entirely healthy in the playoffs then something feels different here. That's my point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This franchise historically has never had issues laying out everybodies injuries right down to a hangnail at the end of the postseason.

I doubt they are hiding anything
Last year they got together and unless said something was broken said all good

Smart

No idea this season

Reactions: dangermike

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Yeah I get the feeling Debrusk is done here. My guess if things get moved around he goes to Edmonton. I think between him getting sat for awhile during Cassidy years, and wanting a trade out, also getting sat for late team meeting this year that maybe both have soured on each other. Sweeney may be looking at players in FA as equivalent. Maybe Duclair seems like a similar guy, or maybe Bertuzzi

Reactions: Gordoff

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Based off his comments, Maroon should be an easy resigning. Should be relatively inexpensive, seems to want to be here, has a leadership voice and provides a service that we’re currently lacking
He can’t play hockey anymore. Seriously, this whole we need a vet is fine, but you need someone that shows inspiration in his play, not pom pom waving from the bench

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Yeah I get the feeling Debrusk is done here. My guess if things get moved around he goes to Edmonton. I think between him getting sat for awhile during Cassidy years, and wanting a trade out, also getting sat for late team meeting this year that maybe both have soured on each other. Sweeney may be looking at players in FA as equivalent. Maybe Duclair seems like a similar guy, or maybe Bertuzzi

He took responsibility for that. And lest we forget Forbot had to sit because his alarm didn't go off either this year. Doesn't seem like a big deal. Jake has been very vocal about wanting to be here. Anything that happened during the Cassidy era has no bearing on the last 2 years with Monty.

Hopefully Sweeney gets a deal done. I want players here who WANT to be here. And Jake has said over and over again he wants to ge here.

Guy played with a broken hand. And got healthy enough for the playoffs and was our #1 forward the entire playoffs. You keep guys like that. Reasonably priced of course. But you keep them. I think this forum and fanbase overreacts with Jake. And his dad. And Edmonton. Just because a guy is from somewhere, doesn't mean he wants to play there. All indications are he wants to be here.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
He took responsibility for that. And lest we forget Forbot had to sit because his alarm didn't go off either this year. Doesn't seem like a big deal. Jake has been very vocal about wanting to be here. Anything that happened during the Cassidy era has no bearing on the last 2 years with Monty.

Hopefully Sweeney gets a deal done. I want players here who WANT to be here. And Jake has said over and over again he wants to ge here.

Guy played with a broken hand. And got healthy enough for the playoffs and was our #1 forward the entire playoffs. You keep guys like that. Reasonably priced of course. But you keep them. I think this forum and fanbase overreacts with Jake. And his dad. And Edmonton. Just because a guy is from somewhere, doesn't mean he wants to play there. All indications are he wants to be here.
We get it, you really like him, and for the right contract I’m fine with him back too. His clean out day statements are very generic hockey talk of someone undecided vs someone like Swayman that really shows he wants to stay. I just think with the history they have had it maybe why both sides are waiting things out

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I’ll miss the Bruins games and the playoff excitement. However……..the season goes way too late for my liking. Unless the Bruins are in it it’s hard so watch hockey at 8pm when the weather is so nice out. I might tune in to some games but if I miss it won’t be the end of world. I wish the playoffs started April 1 and wrapped up now. But they is too much $$$$$$$$$ on the line all around for the NHL to change. Also who wants to watch two more rounds of the nightly debate on goalie interference????

Plenty of positive things said today by the boys which is great to see. I’m sure Sweeney will plenty do in the off season so we can make a run for the Cup next year!

Have a nice summer everyone!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Can wait to see some new blood in that locker room
agree

I want some new meat to tear into as well

We got all we could
Bertuzzi back on a 2 year deal wouldn’t surprise me

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
We get it, you really like him, and for the right contract I’m fine with him back too. His clean out day statements are very generic hockey talk of someone undecided vs someone like Swayman that really shows he wants to stay. I just think with the history they have had it maybe why both sides are waiting things out

So what? I like a player. I like the entire team. I'm replying to your post. I think the Cassidy stuff is over with. I don't think it's soured Jake. If it did, he would of been dealt the last 3 years. I think people overexaggerate everything.

It's business. Both sides are posturing. Hopefully under a good deal, something can be done.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
So what? I like a player. I like the entire team. I'm replying to your post. I think the Cassidy stuff is over with. I don't think it's soured Jake. If it did, he would of been dealt the last 3 years. I think people overexaggerate everything.

It's business. Both sides are posturing. Hopefully under a good deal, something can be done.
Cause you start getting too defensive when you like a player. Just saying the whole totality of his time here had a few ruts. I am sure his agent and him sit down and reflect on his career so far, just like Sweeney will as well. Just saying I have heard those same generic comments before from players throughout the league over the years and more times than not that player doesn’t resign. It’s still possible though it’s just those comments are not encouraging

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I know, right?
Well what’s crazy is for a couple of months both Orlov & Bertuzzi were playing horrible and nhl network daily show they discussed these guys need to get over they aren’t in Boston anymore

Maroon said he admired Bruins growing up and Shattenkirk told him it was a special group (and he wasn’t even here last season)

So he probably enjoyed self

Also I would not hate Shattenkirk back as 7th guy or make him an assistant coach if Sacco leaves to get college or nhl coaching job - if he wanted

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Do they NEED to spend all that cap? Or should they try to take a slightly longer view and save some room for next year's FA class? Food for thought (for people who know more about that than I do)
I’m 100% with you. Spend wisely, pick up and trade for improvements and continue the build. This year was gravy with some real highlights. Progress with Lohrei, Beecher, Brazzau, and Poitras has me feeling better about shorter term retool. Peeke and Witherspoon will solidify bottom pair. Add a few smart pieces and see what we have with Lysell. Sign Sway, trade Ullmark (thank you Linus, you’ve been great), and spend wisely. Retain picks moving forward and build patiently. Team is good enough to be fun, and future could look good. #1 Center would be great but hard to do. Fix that hole wisely even if it means taking another year.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Well what’s crazy is for a couple of months both Orlov & Bertuzzi were playing horrible and nhl network daily show they discussed these guys need to get over they aren’t in Boston anymore

Maroon said he admired Bruins growing up and Shattenkirk told him it was a special group (and he wasn’t even here last season)

So he probably enjoyed self

Also I would not hate Shattenkirk back as 7th guy or make him an assistant coach if Sacco leaves to get college or nhl coaching job - if he wanted
I liked Shattenkirk here. Solid professional 6/7 guy in and out of the lineup all season. Could contribute on the PP if necessary, had some deficiencies and couldn't stay in the playoff lineup. But over the long 6 months of the regular season, you need guys like that to get through 82 games.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Cause you start getting too defensive when you like a player. Just saying the whole totality of his time here had a few ruts. I am sure his agent and him sit down and reflect on his career so far, just like Sweeney will as well. Just saying I have heard those same generic comments before from players throughout the league over the years and more times than not that player doesn’t resign. It’s still possible though it’s just those comments are not encouraging

Why is it always "you're being defensive"? I like the entire team, not just Jake. In fact, my "binky" was Tuukka Rask. Before that it was Sobotka, and before that? Sergei Samsonov. Now this forum has branded me Jake's binky since 2020. I can't say squat without someone getting offended or being labeled defensive. It's ridiculous. Nothing I say or do will change that so whatever. I questioned your argument about him being sat for missing a team meeting because his alarm didn't go off. He took responsibility for it. Forbort had the same thing happen to him
That entire situation in my opinion, has no bearing as to if Jake wants to be here. He has said it over and over again that he does.

This board mentions his Dad and Edmonton over and over again like he's come out and said "I want to play for the Oilers so I can be with daddy every day". None of that is going on. Or he only plays well with Daddy is around. Also, not true.

You don't have to want him back. It's fine. At the right price, I would like him back. Again. At. The. Right. Price. To ME, he's proven his worth. His cold spell this year was because of a broken hand. He healed enough to play in the playoffs and be our best forward. I think hes proven himself worthy enough to stay here. If that sounds like I'm defensive of him, whatever, sure. Say whatever you want. I know how this goes. But it's getting silly.

I think we both agree at the right price he should be back.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I think Marchy has at least two more seasons in him.

At this point they need to just cut bait with DeBrusk. If he really wanted to be here, he would have already signed. He’s the only one so far today that wasn’t emphatic about staying in Boston. Trade him at the draft to get picks and be done with it

We do not know this.

UFAs also say every offseason they wish to re-sign and then swiftly test free agency. Players are coached by agents how to answer to the media these days.

Reactions: Gordoff

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
DeBrusk playing the second half of the season with a broken shooting hand and then leading the team in playoff scoring with a 70 point pace seems just…ignored?
Yet people are suggesting the Bruins bring back plugs like Maroon and Shattenkirk for their pep talks. Every year ends the same way, Bruins lack scoring, so let’s sign old stiffs and throw out the skilled guys because they don’t fit the mold.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Nor, would I imagine, have the Bruins spoken to him. Good luck in the future, Gryz.
The unexpected play of Lorhei and Wotherspoon really forced him out of the lineup on the left side, even with Forbort hurt.
I always liked peak Grz, but sadly, for whatever reason, his elite transition skills faded. That water bug first pass kind of stuff.
But since he's doesn't put up points and isn't a shutdown guy, the one thing that kept him in the lineup was gone. Good luck and I hope you find it back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad