Post-Game Talk: 9 AM May 19th, 2024 - Garbage Bag Day at Warrior Arena

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
this makes it even more insane monty thought it was a good idea to insert him
My apologies to those I offend but IMO, Monty is a dipshit. I know that the team "overachieved" and got to the second round but do we truly feel that another coach couldn't have? I'm convinced that they could have.
He had Lohrei going up and down to Providence, didn't give Merkulov a chance to play higher than 3rd or forth line, did little to keep Beecher here and let him play through his issues (whatever they are) just a few examples.
I don't think that he's a bad guy or coach but just not top tier.
The TMM on the ice penalties, and the sense that the players didn't look prepared in some way all of the time.
His "defensive system" IMO is one of confusion and doesn't really have the forwards as "bought in" as in the previous 2 coaches systems.
If they truly are lucky enough to reload with a few great new players
I don't want to wait another year to find out that he's just not astute enough
to handle them.
His deer in the headlights coaching made me feel like the expression "The lights are on, but there's nobody home."
His bizarre player choices sometimes make me think that he's throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks but 50% of the time it's more like instead of the wall it hits the fan.
Give me Gallant, Mike Sullivan (if he leaves Pittsburgh), Brindamour and even the return of Claude Julien would get them back on track... With those types of Bench Generals I would feel better going to war in the spring of '25.

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
My apologies to those I offend but IMO, Monty is a dipshit. I know that the team "overachieved" and got to the second round but do we truly feel that another coach couldn't have? I'm convinced that they could have.
He had Lohrei going up and down to Providence, didn't give Merkulov a chance to play higher than 3rd or forth line are a couple of examples.
I don't think that he's a bad guy or coach but just not top tier.
If they truly are lucky enough to reload with a few great new players
I don't want to wait another year to find out that he's just not astute enough
to handle them.
His deer in the headlights coaching made me feel like the expression "The lights are on, but there's nobody home."
His bizarre player choices sometimes make me think that he's throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks but 50% of the time it's more like instead of the wall it hits the fan.
Give me Gallant, Mike Sullivan (if he leaves Pittsburgh), or Brindamour if he leaves Carolina... With those types of Bench Generals I would feel better going to war in the spring of '25.
My biggest issue with the season and playoffs is that they really struggled to play a full 60. I believe the Coaches and Players are both responsible for this. They definitely overachieved but there was opportunity to do so much more yet they just seemed lazy or weren't prepared on time.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I honestly think the Bruins are pulling a Krug with him. They just don't want him but don't want to say it.
Exactly, and I think that they feel that's the way he feels. Great player but he's asked to be traded 2X's now and the Bruins front office is going to say "shit or get off the pot." Of course it'll be here's the money, sign or leave it's that simple. I suspect that he truly wants to play closer to home out west but he's torn. IMO he would miss his buddy's but maybe daddy is in his ear to come west.
The Bruins organization IIRC has never kept a player who asked to be traded, not once from what I know (but I'm no insider, just a fan), but twice is somewhat impressive and he isn't signed because they're just not sure if his heart is 100% into being a Boston Bruin. If he isn't sure, it's not a marriage that can endure.

My biggest issue with the season and playoffs is that they really struggled to play a full 60. I believe the Coaches and Players are both responsible for this. They definitely overachieved but there was opportunity to do so much more yet they just seemed lazy or weren't prepared on time.
Yeah, some of them (I'm looking at Frederick) just looked resigned to the fact that IF they got past Florida, the Rangers would be too big a bite to try to take. You can't play hockey using 80% of your talent and ambition only 40% of the time.

Reactions: caz16

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
You would think with Debrusk comments that they would be in the same ball

You would think that they were in the same ballpark with his comments
I'm not sure that it's fair that he says that. He's putting it all on the Bruins.
My gut says that if he talked the way Sway does about being a Bruin he'd have been signed. IMO opinion and it's ONLY my opinion he's looked at as a malcontent and the Bruins have never put up with that.

Reactions: KWbruin

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I honestly think the Bruins are pulling a Krug with him. They just don't want him but don't want to say it.
Seems like it. Good comparison to what went down with Krug. For him to play that long with a busted hand this season and he was still good defensively when he wasn’t scoring says he should be kept to me. Lots of heart. But let’s please get him someone to play with! He showed LY how good he is when they put him with Bergeron and Marchand. His comment tells me he might give it one more try with Sweeney before he finally says on July 1 he’s going to see what’s out there for him. I’m all for Jake staying.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
View attachment 873214

View attachment 873215

Excellent article by Conroy; don't disagree with any of his points. But, how dare him give Sweeney any credit.

Dupes is Dupes as usual. Far more interested in being word clever than summarizing the issues.

Conroy actually answers Dupes issue about the PP. The power play went south in mid-season when teams overloaded on Pasta, preventing the one timers from the goalie's right circle. They just didn't have another threat to counter that adjustment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad