GDT: 9/9/20 - 8:00PM EDT - #6 New York Islanders vs #2 Tampa Bay [ECF Game 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Watching this series I've noticed Killorn more than Cirelli. He has seemed ineffective considering the amount of praise he is given. Kind of an awkward position Coleman and Goodrow seem to stick out and not the mainstays supposed to the Johnson/Cirelli types.

I thought Cirelli was a selke candidate 2C and untouchable? :O
Yeah, something has been up with him since the round robin. He's not himself. He's slower, avoiding the body, making bad decisions, not as aggressive, not as strong on the puck. Not sure if it's physical or mental at this point but he's play like at 60% of what we normally see him at.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Watching this series I've noticed Killorn more than Cirelli. He has seemed ineffective considering the amount of praise he is given. Kind of an awkward position Coleman and Goodrow seem to stick out and not the mainstays supposed to the Johnson/Cirelli types.

Cirelli was never untouchable but he's hasn't been at the top of his game these playoffs for sure.

Reactions: DaBolts

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Yeah, something has been up with him since the round robin. He's not himself. He's slower, avoiding the body, making bad decisions, not as aggressive, not as strong on the puck. Not sure if it's physical or mental at this point but he's play like at 60% of what we normally see him at.

He definitely seems quicker on Edmonton's ice. And he's thrown some huge hits...he obliterated someone behind the net recently (can't remember which game exactly) and a few high speed ones on the boards.

But I agree with the not strong on the puck and bad decisions. He just doesn't look confident out there. Then again if I had Killorn and Johnson as my line mates I wouldn't be either. I'm not going to let one bad playoffs override my admiration for him up until this point, especially until he gets different linemates and a larger sample size.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
He definitely seems quicker on Edmonton's ice. And he's thrown some huge hits...he obliterated someone behind the net recently (can't remember which game exactly) and a few high speed ones on the boards.

But I agree with the not strong on the puck and bad decisions. He just doesn't look confident out there. Then again if I had Killorn and Johnson as my line mates I wouldn't be either. I'm not going to let one bad playoffs override my admiration for him up until this point, especially until he gets different linemates and a larger sample size.
Oh for sure. We know what he normally is and that is something you want. It's hard to find someone's skill set like Rocco's when he's at his normal.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Cirelli was never untouchable but he's hasn't been at the top of his game these playoffs for sure.

I appreciate the responses its very possible its a mental aspect avoiding mistakes in the playoffs not wanting to cost his team a game/series with unforgivable gaffes.

As a fan of two teams that consider you a rival, I have admired your depth, tenacity and talent this year and wish you good luck in these oncoming playoffs.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I appreciate the responses its very possible its a mental aspect avoiding mistakes in the playoffs not wanting to cost his team a game/series with unforgivable gaffes.

As a fan of two teams that consider you a rival, I have admired your depth, tenacity and talent this year and wish you good luck in these oncoming playoffs.
Do we make out now?

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
You'd think professional sports analyst's would see and appreciate the underlying numbers but those guys regurgitate point totals more than your average HFer.
Non hockey market = not good. If we were playing another non hockey market or one that needs to be propped up, Hedman and Point would be talked up.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Just cause they tested positive doesn't mean it effected their games jack shit.

You do know JBB has come out and said they were mostly asymptomatic right?

Novak Djokovic tested positive for covid a month a ago, he was just competiting in the US Open this week.
Of course but it can go either way. The truth is no one knows

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014

The last few games Cirelli has been much better.

The first few games he was awful. Cooper did say in an older video that this was the longest Tony has went his whole life without skating.

Reactions: Peacefool

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Watching the replay of those final 20 seconds the opportunity Palat had was incredible. You don't get chances like that very often in a game and to miss the net entirely, well, Kuch definitely saved Palat some sleepless nights.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Watching the replay of those final 20 seconds the opportunity Palat had was incredible. You don't get chances like that very often in a game and to miss the net entirely, well, Kuch definitely saved Palat some sleepless nights.

He definitely had an extra split second to control his shot better too, but you never know that in real time.

But yea I think I barely had my head out of my hands when Kuch scored that goal. I couldn't believe Palat missed that great chance with almost no time left.

Last edited:

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Reason #1 why I want Point back is because we need him.

Not too far behind is maybe Cooper will finally f***ing bench Killorn.

Reactions: DaBolts

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
Got the win down two forwards. Awesome team performance. Gourde was a beast. Good to see Schenn punch Brad Pitt Matt Martin.

I just hope Point is fine man...

Ahh?....Schenn didn't get to punch Brad Pitt/Matt Martin...but was able to have Martins couple of punches obsorbed by the Visor he wears....Just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad