9-5-4 22 points in 18 games. 7th in the East

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by the record to start the season but they seem to have fallen back into the 2013-14 team that has no fight in it.

I guess we'll get confirmation by Christmas wether to hope for McDavid or Playoffs. I have a bad (good) feeling it'll be McDavid.

Maybe not McDavid, but in the conversation for Kylington, Crouse, Zacha, etc

Oil For The Boys

Jan 7, 2013
I can honestly see us picking in the top 5. If we didn't resign all of our expiring UFA's, we would make a killing at the trade deadline.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
This thread jinxed us.

Can it be locked now please?

Lol in that 9-5-4 span we won two times against half the jackets team, Avalanche with 3rd goalie, Minessota without Parise and we probably played the most against backup goalies so far than anyone in the league.

It's more like back to reality

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
They've been facing contenders for a good stretch, on the road... It's a bit like the Western trips in the past... They will pick it up when the schedule won't be as crazy but IMO they end up with the 8-12th overall pick which will be a very important piece for the future. They won't Brian Lee it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
There is no such thing as a jinx. We're a bottom of the league payroll and are performing as expected. Now if Dorion can flush some assets at the deadline and we can do a semi swan dive, we'll be fine.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Our underlying numbers have been terrible since the beginning of the season, and goaltending plus a soft early schedule baled us out at the start. I stopped looking after every game, but last I checked we had the second worst possession in the league behind Buffalo (who are historically bad).

Goaltending can only prop up a team for so long. I actually feel bad for Andy and Lehner most games, because they really should be in the discussion for Vezina instead of facing an early summer.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Since this thread began, 7th in the East to 7th in the Atlantic :naughty:

Our underlying numbers have been terrible since the beginning of the season, and goaltending plus a soft early schedule baled us out at the start. I stopped looking after every game, but last I checked we had the second worst possession in the league behind Buffalo (who are historically bad).

Goaltending can only prop up a team for so long. I actually feel bad for Andy and Lehner most games, because they really should be in the discussion for Vezina instead of facing an early summer.

I do too a little bit, however Andy would have been a UFA and chose to re-sign here, and Lehner is still learning the ropes, albeit getting no real help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad