Wed Sep 20, 2017LightningHurricanes7:00 PMn/a4-3 W
Fri Sep 22, 2017PredatorsLightning7:30 PMn/a1-3 W
Sun Sep 24, 2017PanthersLightning4:00 PMn/a4-2 L
Tue Sep 26, 2017LightningPanthers7:30 PMn/a2-4 L
Thur Sep 28, 2017LightningPanthers7:30 PMn/a-
Sat Sep 30, 2017LightningPredators7:00PMn/a-

- QUOTES -

JON COOPER:
"One thing about (Point) is he's a puck hound. You've got a couple skilled scorers on that line. You need someone that can go in and get those guys pucks. So we're trying to see if that combination works. He can erase a lot of mistakes by anyone out there, because of his quickness, his tenacity. You want to get the puck on Stamkos' stick, want the puck on Kucherov's stick. You need guys to go get it and he is one of those guys."

STEVEN STAMKOS:
"There's urgency, especially when coming off the year we didn't make the playoffs. We're not sitting here thinking, 'Ok, we'll just flip the switch when the season starts.' We need to get better. Obviously the last couple games we'll see, including tonight, more of the guys who will be in the opening night roster. We need to come together. I know we've had the same core guys for a while. It always takes some time to get that chemistry back and that's what we'll do in the last two games."

"There's only six periods left. If we've learned anything from the last couple years, we want to start the season on time, not get behind the eight ball. There's definitely some areas to improve."

sp_light091617_20004794_8col.jpg

:bolts

LET'S GO BOLTS!

Last edited:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Great to have the captain back. Guys need to wake up and show up in the season early this year. We missed the playoffs last year but teams will still be giving their best to our team. A lot of "experts" have us making the playoffs and going far again. This league is talented so no game is easy but teams that are better than others should still win games. If they show up. Which this team needs to do now. Not only playoffs but division title could be up for grabs if they do that. Anything that can make the road a little easier for the road to the cup is good in my book. These guys have it in them to do that and way more. Show up!

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
At least we're doing better than the Habs. Apparently they're 0-6 in the pre-season so far with two 5-1 losses

Reactions: berlin

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Great to have the captain back. Guys need to wake up and show up in the season early this year. We missed the playoffs last year but teams will still be giving their best to our team. A lot of "experts" have us making the playoffs and going far again. This league is talented so no game is easy but teams that are better than others should still win games. If they show up. Which this team needs to do now. Not only playoffs but division title could be up for grabs if they do that. Anything that can make the road a little easier for the road to the cup is good in my book. These guys have it in them to do that and way more. Show up!

IMO, it's all about Palat. If we get PostAllStar Palat on Game 1, we're gonna be really good. If we don't, we're gonna be a one line threat at ES, and then we'll have to see if Richards can keep our PP lethal without Drouin QBing it.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yeah Palat has escaped a lot of shit talking on this forum despite deserving at least some of it. I think it's because when he's not contributing offensively he's still effective defensively, but both him and Johnson are on my "put up or shut up" list, and frankly I'm not anticipating they put up after they just signed contracts which keep them set for life.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Yeah Palat has escaped a lot of shit talking on this forum despite deserving at least some of it. I think it's because when he's not contributing offensively he's still effective defensively, but both him and Johnson are on my "put up or shut up" list, and frankly I'm not anticipating they put up after they just signed contracts which keep them set for life.

I think as long as they stay together they'll be fine. I hope Coop has learned that the fastest way to screw both those guys up is to split them apart for any length of time. I've never seen two players so dependent on each other before.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think as long as they stay together they'll be fine. I hope Coop has learned that the fastest way to screw both those guys up is to split them apart for any length of time. I've never seen two players so dependent on each other before.

Palat's not nearly as dependent on Johnson as vice versa. It's just we only ever see the "real" Palat after January. Looking at his stats is insane. You'd think it's two different players but it happens every single year. He contributes very little offensively up until December, but then, somewhere around Christmas time, goes absolute beast-mode and scores near a point-per-game, and sometimes better, until the season's end. Every. Single. Year.

Palat has 70 points in him if he shows up in October. I mean, he scores 50+ every healthy year, with about 70% of those coming in the second half.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Palat's not nearly as dependent on Johnson as vice versa. It's just we only ever see the "real" Palat after January. Looking at his stats is insane. You'd think it's two different players but it happens every single year. He contributes very little offensively up until December, but then, somewhere around Christmas time, goes absolute beast-mode and scores near a point-per-game, and sometimes better, until the season's end. Every. Single. Year.

Palat has 70 points in him if he shows up in October.

With the way camp and preseason have gone, seems he is destined to do that again this year, or maybe he'll surprise us.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
With the way camp and preseason have gone, seems he is destined to do that again this year, or maybe he'll surprise us.

Yeah. I wouldn't be worried about it if it were anyone else. Like, I barely care what Kucherov's doing right now. Hedman. Even Stamkos. So I guess I should extend that same meh attitude to Palat (and Johnson) in the pre-season, but it's hard because we know what he can do when he eventually decides to turn it on, and we know how important a player like that can be. But it'd be nice to have that in October for once.

Reactions: Bodi Finds the Fire

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Yeah. I wouldn't be worried about it if it were anyone else. Like, I barely care what Kucherov's doing right now. Hedman. Even Stamkos. So I guess I should extend that same meh attitude to Palat (and Johnson) in the pre-season, but it's hard because we know what he can do when he eventually decides to turn it on, and we know how important a player like that can be. But it'd be nice to have that in October for once.
Palat was an absolute goat last year until the team as a whole turned it around. I'm meh about Kucherov, Stamkos, and Hedman because I know they show up when the games matter. Palat and Johnson have shown a tendency to need four alarms to wake up.

This whole "wait until January" bullshit is what got us into such hot water last season. Sorry - if Palat can't bother showing up until January I don't want him on the team.

Reactions: Steazy Doo

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Palat always gets his act together eventually but Johnson will be a trainwreck no matter who he plays with and doesn't get it together until Palat has his late season surge

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Haven't been following the preseason much, how are the newcomers doing?
Haven't veen able to watch that much myself either but the Mystery Man also known as Alex Volkov has surprised everyone and could actually make the team. Someone who has watched more of him can give more details but the only full game I've watched he was very good in the offensive zone and created lots of offense.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I really wish that we could watch the game since there isn't much time left but again maybe someone will attend and let us know how it goes. Sounds like most of the vets will be playing and that they have some new PP's to try (like putting Stammer and Kuch on the same PP which would be fun to actually see).

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Volkov not in tonight?

Have a feeling he's Syracuse bound.
Well - there's probably a bit of a fight for two or three spots between four or five guys (Brown, Paquette, Volkov, Dumont, Bournival for bottom six spots). They're all going to need some game time to evaluate. Him being scratched tonight isn't definitive, although I agree it makes his final roster spot somewhat less likely.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Palat has 70 points in him if he shows up in October. I mean, he scores 50+ every healthy year, with about 70% of those coming in the second half.

??? This is what I say every year especially last year, and I explicitly remember you saying it's ok to wait for post-all star Palat every season:laugh:

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
??? This is what I say every year especially last year, and I explicitly remember you saying it's ok to wait for post-all star Palat every season:laugh:
TBF DFC was a big proponent of "Don't worry guys, we'll make the playoffs then we'll show them" while we were at the bottom of the conference during the entire first half. Post-all star performance clearly weighs heavily in his player evals.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
TBF DFC was a big proponent of "Don't worry guys, we'll make the playoffs then we'll show them" while we were at the bottom of the conference during the entire first half. Post-all star performance clearly weighs heavily in his player evals.

And with how we missed the playoffs last season, next time someone says "it's only one game in October/November", "we have x amount of games left," I can happily direct them to 2016-2017.

Reactions: The Macho Man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad