GDT: 9/25/20 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Dallas [SCF Game 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
It was about the most egregious hold we saw in the game. He almost took Johnson's head off.
Given the exact kind of play they called against Maroon earlier too. Benn's version was MUCH more egregious and in the open ice immediately after his team had extended PP time and a bullshit matching minor to Point for embellishment was given. Boneheaded from Benn to do it.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'm trying my best to put my homer glasses away but I just can't see how the Benn call is not a clear cut penalty. He's just not a very bright individual. And he's the captain of that team. :help:

Reactions: Tiala and Hoek

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
He pulled TJ back so hard he almost landed head first on the ice with his helmet askew.

They called the wrong penalty but ultimately got it right.

The rest of the game...not so much.

If Johnson were 3 inches taller and 30 pounds heavier, that wouldn't have happened. I think the real merit of the call is the stick lifting Johnson's right skate/leg + the backward force applied to Johnson's head (which caused him to topple). Otherwise, he's just fighting through to the puck.

Multipass

Oct 30, 2014
It was about the most egregious hold we saw in the game. He almost took Johnson's head off.
Yeah after seeing it again it was more blatant than I thought with the stick. Still not sure you expect to get that call in a SCF OT game, but it was earned and the better team won

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad