BRUINS GDT 9/24 PRESEASON GAME 1 - 5:45 PM - NY Rangers - NESN+, NHLN, NO RADIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
You’re nuts. That gold is spectacular, as are the Vegas jerseys.
You and I are going to have to agree to disagree. I despise the sparkly polyester gold look. Not Original Six worthy.

Guess it comes down to whether you are a Corvette of an Aston Martin kind of person.

Reactions: Kegs and Ladyfan

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Garden announcer sounded like “Pat-‘twas”
In Guelph (where he plays) we call him "Poit as in Point without the n" then "trAs" which in anglicizing the french version of his name ...but to be fair we are in Ontario and he is from Ontario :)

Orr Fourever

#Staysafe
Sponsor
Mar 27, 2018
The Wheat Province
In Canada they do. It was delayed and is on.
I can't get it out west. Shaw/Roger's wants me subscribe. And I already ordered center ice 3 weeks ago. Regular season only they told me.
20230924_173347.jpg

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
So far been impressed with Poitras, Beecher (his work on the dot and playing 200 foot has been good), Richard has a nose for net, but will need to work on his finish. JDB and Freddie look like relaxed and seasoned vets of course. Zboril has looked really good, but that out of the blue turnover will nail him to #7+ if he doesn’t clean it up.

Haven’t really noticed anyone else too too much one way or the other. Mitchell with two trips to the sin bin isn’t going to help him.

Of course Bussi has looked great. Very solid.

Reactions: BMC

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
You and I are going to have to agree to disagree. I despise the sparkly polyester gold look. Not Original Six worthy.

Guess it comes down to whether you are a Corvette of an Aston Martin kind of person.
Those are some last century references. I hated gold in the 70’s/80’s. It reminded me of disco and cheesey dining room chandeliers. But that was 50 years ago. Nowadays there is this very sharp looking matte gold finish that I see a lot in construction. It’s very classy and understated looking. That’s what this gold reminds me of.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Their line, Harrison-Megna-Lysell hasn’t really clicked. Lysell’s popped a few times for his back check or beating an icing, but he hasn’t had the puck a lot. Still, he’s created 2 scoring chances (shot from the high slot in a 2on2 off the rush and the cut back behind the net and feed to Megna (who fell down in front trying to catch the pass).
Yup I hope Lysell get's a better centre next game to showcase his skills, Richard had two good plays as well but was still invisible 98% like Lysell and Harrison so far. Linemates matter, they're just trying to see if you can elevate a line in these early games...I doubt Poitras would look nearly as good without JD and JVR as his linemates tonight ...kind of the the cold hard truth of it but he does looks good!

Reactions: PlayMakers

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Those are some last century references. I hated gold in the 70’s/80’s. It reminded me of disco and cheesey dining room chandeliers. But that was 50 years ago. Nowadays there is this very sharp looking matte gold finish that I see a lot in construction. It’s very classy and understated looking. That’s what this gold reminds me of.
I’m a last century guy, what can I say? :laugh: ALthough I will say that Mr.Number 8 would kill it in that kind of gold lame in a sleeveless dress.

Reactions: PlayMakers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad