GDT: 9/19/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Nashville VS Tampa Bay [Preseason Game 2]

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
So Connolly came out of nowhere, eh? Before this pre-season, I would have chosen a whole lot of other guys over him, but now it seems he is the frontrunner to make the team. We all put him in proposals for our winger depth and logjam.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
So Connolly came out of nowhere, eh? Before this pre-season, I would have chosen a whole lot of other guys over him, but now it seems he is the frontrunner to make the team. We all put him in proposals for our winger depth and logjam.

I don't know if it's confidence, comfort with Cooper, in better shape, etc but he was the best player on the ice tonight.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Just got back. I would like to rescind all Connolly proposals I've ever made. He looks like a completely different player this year.

I don't think anyone had a lack of confidence that he would pan out. I think the issue was he was our most tradeable asset. Still is actually.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://boltprospects.com/content/nhl-game-story-prospects-shine-again-preseason

The Lightning’s top prospect, Jonathan Drouin, made his debut for the club, but did not register a point in just over 12 minutes of play. He showed off his slick stickwork on multiple occasions and competed physically. After the game Lightning coach Jon Cooper said Drouin’s upside “is endless” and highlighted his compete level shown by upping his effort to win a defensive zone faceoff after losing his first two.

Drouin was on a line with former first rounder Vlad Namestnikov and Kucherov. Drouin and Kucherov – two of only a handful of QMJHL players last year to average two points per game – spent one shift putting on a stickhandling exhibition.

“Kooch is a great player… he sees the ice so well and creates little plays like the back pass he gave me today,” Drouin said. “As time goes by, chemistry gets better and better. It’s great to play with him.”

DangleDoppler

Jul 14, 2009
It didn't sound like he stood out so idk but the attendance was 10,332.

Drouin showed signs of why he was the #3 pick. He made some sick moves on players and deked a few Pred players out of their jocks. i

He had a really strong slap/snap? shot on goal but the goalie was just too well positioned for it.

Most importantly IMO, he played really responsibly in the D-zone. He back checked really well and was a big help behind getting the puck out of the zone.

Overall, I'd say it was a fine professional preseason debut.

DangleDoppler

Jul 14, 2009
By the sound of it, it was all Desjardins fault.

I was a CD supporter because of what he did in 2011, but he's been overtaken by Gudlevskis and Helenius so far in his play in the past two games.

He looks shaky playing the puck, and he's made some boneheaded plays in net. It's just preseason I know, but I think his play versus the other two should be telling for Syracuse.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
You have shown incredible intelligence is deciphering Xenophobia Catalysts avatar. You can now continue to show your exemplary logic skills by giving glory to Xenophobia Catalyst

No

Okay Fine...

Last edited:

Vieille Barbe

Radko's Modern Life
Apr 6, 2012
Hockey Paradise
A few observations from last night:

Connolly was definitely the best player on the ice for either team.

Goalies looked pretty decent aside from the Desjardins brain fade that gave up the shorty.

Was hoping for more from Keith Aulie, but he seems destined for mediocrity.

Overall it was a little bit sloppy and at times a lackluster game for both teams. Not surprising for an early preseason matchup. But Preds didn't seems too interested in being there.

Big jump in concession prices on many items. Holy smoke, $13.50 for a beer? I know it's a good sized can, but...c'mon man...WTF?

Metal detectors set up at the entries. Sigh. Guess that's the world we live in, but they keep making it harder to want to go to the arena.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'm glad Desjardins is struggling, I want Helenius to be the #1 in Syracuse. He hasn't been very good in NA but he's got more talent and potential then Desjardins. We need to really throw him in the fire to see how he responds. Gudlevskis needs to be the starter in the ECHL so he get lots of game action, Hopefully the coach doesn't do a platoon and he has to share time.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Kooch is a great player… he sees the ice so well and creates little plays like the back pass he gave me today,” Drouin said. “As time goes by, chemistry gets better and better. It’s great to play with him.”

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

Kooch?!

He needs a different nickname.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Boom just scored 2 tickets to tomorrow nights game. Section 116 row P. Right at center ice. Hope Stamkos and Drouin are playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad