GDT: 9/18/16 - North America Vs Finland - 8PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
I thought the smiley would imply a playful banter.
I think NA has the high ground since our defense has been really inconsistent and has made some really embarrasing mistakes. Finland needs to win this and our D has to play a lot better.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I thought the smiley would imply a playful banter.

barkov.jpg
?

IDK, he's not that smiley.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I think NA has the high ground since our defense has been really inconsistent and has made some really embarrasing mistakes. Finland needs to win this and our D has to play a lot better.

Team NA like any young team, has had lots of ups and downs. If the Finns play a strong team game, they could create some chances off of Team NA mistakes.

If Team NA plays well and gets going and flies around, they could really expose the Finnish D. Team NA needs to not make mistakes or the Finns will capitalize.

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
Team NA like any young team, has had lots of ups and downs. If the Finns play a strong team game, they could create some chances off of Team NA mistakes.

If Team NA plays well and gets going and flies around, they could really expose the Finnish D. Team NA needs to not make mistakes or the Finns will capitalize.
True, their speed probably worries me the most. Finnish defense definitely can't make the same mistakes that it did against USA.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
True, their speed probably worries me the most. Finnish defense definitely can't make the same mistakes that it did against USA.

Their speed is incredible. Might be the fastest team ever assembled.

The problem with Team NA is they are not very physical, and they are very young. So if the Finns play structured and system hockey like they usually do, they can capitalize on the mistakes of the young players.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
It's half U23 team for Finland anyway, and they've been awfully good in junior hockey this year. ;)

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Team North America official lines:

Matthews - McDavid - Scheifele
Gaudreau - Eichel - Larkin
Drouin - Nugent-Hopkins - MacKinnon
Trocheck - Couturier - Saad

Miller, Trouba, Hellebuyck out of the lineup

M.Murray starts in net

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
After facing the swedish and american defense, I think Finland will find it easier playing against the NA defense, but this will be the first time they'll be encountering such speed in this tournament. Will be interesting to see. Also rip trouba, will never forget you <3 Go Laine and Scheifs! Don't mind who wins, as long as those two play well :nod:

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Team North America official lines:

Matthews - McDavid - Scheifele
Gaudreau - Eichel - Larkin
Drouin - Nugent-Hopkins - MacKinnon
Trocheck - Couturier - Saad

Miller, Trouba, Hellebuyck out of the lineup

M.Murray starts in net

Love Eichel with Larkin. Be surprised if that doesn't work well for both of them.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Think I'd rather have Trouba in for this game than Ghost.
They'll miss his grit/nasty imo. Ghost has incredible offense but NA has that in spades, I'd rather a more steady influence defensively.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
They'll miss his grit/nasty imo. Ghost has incredible offense but NA has that in spades, I'd rather a more steady influence defensively.

I think we need Ghost for the PP, he's good at holding the line and has an accurate shot.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Nice to have Murray in goal.

This will be another fast paced game like the Canada game yesterday.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
That bottom 6 and D for Finland is weak , see if NA can exploit it

I don't think the bottom 6 is that weak, but can they handle the speed is the question. They have the grit but can they score. The problem of Finnish hockey. Komarov will be fun to see against kids.

I'm predicting one goal for Laine. He was a beast against USA and made McDonagh look like a fool.
Ghost can take over games, something Trouba isn't capable of doing. It would be ridiculous if Ghost wasn't on their lineup. Too good just on the PP alone.

Last edited:

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Wished we get to see McDavid & co vs Barkov & co, but our first line is in reality lead by Koivu so it's unlikely to get to see much of that pairing. Still, how fun would that be to see the kids vs kids!

I'm hoping Finland to take this with experience but wouldn't be surprised if NA beat us. All of their guys are just so friggin' good, no matter the age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad