9-11-01 Anniversary

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
All,
Stop at some point today whatever you're doing and take a few moments to really reflect on that events of what occurred on this day. For me personally, my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who has been affected by this day in anyway shape or form.

What I find particular crazy is how vivid my memories are from that day, where I was, what I was doing, who I was with, but then I can't remember something I did 2 weeks ago.

Whatever we all may disagree about here regarding out Isles, just remember it's trivial in the grand scheme of things.

HS

scott99

May 13, 2005
Very well said. This is a very solemn and sad day, and we should never forgot those who lost their lives as well as all of those heroes who lost their lives, as well as the first responders should never be forgotten. As HS said, it was a day I will never forget, and I never do want to forget, I want to honor those lost every year, as well as those who still fight for our freedom.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Had a customer come in last night with a 14-15 year old daughter and i saw she was doing homework....i asked what she was writing about and the assignment was to interview 2 people about what happened and what they were doing when this tragedy happened. I looked at this young lady and asked how old she was when this happened...she responded 1 year old and it completely blew my mind. It seems like yesterday to me that i was watching everything unfold on TV. Today is a sad day, i wish all the families that were effected nothing but the best....the people that lost their lives at day and the men and women that lost their lives overseas as a result of the attacks.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Had a customer come in last night with a 14-15 year old daughter and i saw she was doing homework....i asked what she was writing about and the assignment was to interview 2 people about what happened and what they were doing when this tragedy happened. I looked at this young lady and asked how old she was when this happened...she responded 1 year old and it completely blew my mind. It seems like yesterday to me that i was watching everything unfold on TV. Today is a sad day, i wish all the families that were effected nothing but the best....the people that lost their lives at day and the men and women that lost their lives overseas as a result of the attacks.

And that's the really crazy thing about it, some of these kids weren't even born yet, or were really young kids and have no idea what the significance of the day is or was.

hockeygoon15

Nov 30, 2006
I came across this video a few years ago. Thought some of you might find it interesting.

BOATLIFT, An Untold Tale of 9/11 Resilience
Tom Hanks narrates the epic story of the 9/11 boatlift that evacuated half a million people from the stricken piers and seawalls of Lower Manhattan. Produced and directed by Eddie Rosenstein. Eyepop Productions, Inc.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I came across this video a few years ago. Thought some of you might find it interesting.

BOATLIFT, An Untold Tale of 9/11 Resilience
Tom Hanks narrates the epic story of the 9/11 boatlift that evacuated half a million people from the stricken piers and seawalls of Lower Manhattan. Produced and directed by Eddie Rosenstein. Eyepop Productions, Inc.

Never saw this before, very moving.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Very well said HS. My current students were 3-4 years old 13 years ago.

Sadly one of my former students went on the military, later paying the ultimate price. Left behind a wife (also a former student) and a young son (a future student) Wrote his name on the blackboard. At the start of todays classes told the students about the sacrifice this outstading young man made, putting medical school aside, trying to help make things safer and nicer for us. The kids who were to young at the time had their lesson for today, how the events of 13 years ago affected all of us. Bless him and everyone on this most somber day.

Surfrat

Feb 16, 2013
NJ
Very well said HS. My current students were 3-4 years old 13 years ago.

Sadly one of my former students went on the military, later paying the ultimate price. Left behind a wife (also a former student) and a young son (a future student) Wrote his name on the blackboard. At the start of todays classes told the students about the sacrifice this outstading young man made, putting medical school aside, trying to help make things safer and nicer for us. The kids who were to young at the time had their lesson for today, how the events of 13 years ago affected all of us. Bless him and everyone on this most somber day.

Good job. God bless them all.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I'm just wondering how this would look if internet and social media was invented in the 60's

We younger folk remember 9/11 fresh in our heads 13 years after the fact and probably for many decades to come.

I also remember my dad telling me his exact experience when JFK was assassinated. He never really forgot that....I wonder that if internet and social media existed back then....would people still set up annual remembrances and would we have seen posts like this continuing to today?

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
I'm just wondering how this would look if internet and social media was invented in the 60's

We younger folk remember 9/11 fresh in our heads 13 years after the fact and probably for many decades to come.

I also remember my dad telling me his exact experience when JFK was assassinated. He never really forgot that....I wonder that if internet and social media existed back then....would people still set up annual remembrances and would we have seen posts like this continuing to today?

I was 11 back in 1963, social media back then would be hard to imagine with all that was going on in the world at the time.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Most of us don't need a reminder to remember. We just do, because we were there, or know someone who was.

GilliesGirlie

Mar 12, 2006
former Long Islander
This is spot on, I live in southeast Georgia now moved in October of 2003 from Long Island.
It's just different here on 9/11, they just react in a different way. It's kind of hard to explain, but they try to make it an upbeat sort of day. Don't get me wrong, they aren't disrespectful at all. It's just odd.

I'm always really homesick the first few weeks of Sept. I would much rather be home on Long Island on that day.

Most of us don't need a reminder to remember. We just do, because we were there, or know someone who was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad