Jan 8, 2014
love the Krakens Goal Siren

iu

Best. Post. Ever.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I'm confused, the rookie D that has looked overmatched often enough that half the board has a shitfit about it every other game is getting a game off to watch from the press box... and now there is bitching about that too?

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Nils is too small to be fast tracked to the nhl as a dman. He should be in the AHL. I agree with whoever said they'd rather Hajek than Tinordi, i actually thought Hajek played a decent simple game in pre-season. Tinordi smells

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Every rookie making a difficult adjustment to the NHL needs to sit in the press box and learn through that as well. It's one of the most important ingredients. Throwing Nils in there for 80 games a year will only wear him out. Look at how Miller crashed and burned last year. Good decision in the grand scheme of things even if we're not going to enjoy tinordi on the ice.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Nils is too small to be fast tracked to the nhl as a dman. He should be in the AHL. I agree with whoever said they'd rather Hajek than Tinordi, i actually thought Hajek played a decent simple game in pre-season. Tinordi smells

Half of that post made sense. And then you followed it up wtih Hajek played anything decent. Hajek was ass in the preseason too.

Reactions: THE BIG WHISTLE

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
From what the internet comments have told me it seems there’s going too be a ton of Rangers fans there tonight. But it may be the same 20 people posting on multiple platforms ?

Reactions: will1066

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Yeah I mean I'm not against sitting Lundkvist or even throwing him to the AHL for few games and replacing him with say Jones (that said no idea on where we stand as far as waiwers and whatnot). But really, Tinordi should not be playing. Not even against the Kraken. He should only be on the lineup if we are facing injuries or say against Washington. Maybe Seattle has many fights, but they are not exactly a rival, and if they want to have one fight to show off to their fans pretty sure Trouba or Kreider can do it.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Yeah I mean I'm not against sitting Lundkvist or even throwing him to the AHL for few games and replacing him with say Jones (that said no idea on where we stand as far as waiwers and whatnot). But really, Tinordi should not be playing. Not even against the Kraken. He should only be on the lineup if we are facing injuries or say against Washington. Maybe Seattle has many fights, but they are not exactly a rival, and if they want to have one fight to show off to their fans pretty sure Trouba or Kreider can do it.
Kreider? Fight?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I take it we will shelter Nils for every 'big' opponent. I dont hate the idea... dont like it either

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
I'm confused, the rookie D that has looked overmatched often enough that half the board has a shitfit about it every other game is getting a game off to watch from the press box... and now there is bitching about that too?

Exactly. This is how we should be doing it with these kids. After a dozen games or so, give Nils a list of things to work on, send him down to Hartford, and then bring up Schneider. Same thing, then Jones. They get a taste of NHL speed/intensity and then can go work on those things with top pair minutes until one of them grabs that spot for good. With all the NHL-ready prospect depth on D, the bar shouldn't be "surviving on the third pair"--it should be "pushing for promotion to the 2nd pair."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad