Robot City
Detroit Tigers:

Manager: John McGraw

Position Players
|
Pitchers
|
Lineup

C: Gerald "Buster" Posey III | SP1: Kid Nichols (R) | 1. Turkey Stearnes (L)
1B: Jimmie Foxx| SP2: Nolan Ryan (R) | 2. Ralph Kiner (R)
2B: Robinson Cano | SP3: Bret Sabrehagen (R) | 3. Alex Rodriguez (R)
3B: Edgar Martinez| SP4: Urban Shocker (R) | 4. Jimmie Foxx (R)
SS: Alex Rodriguez | SP5: Madison Bumgarner (L) | 5. Edgar Martinez (R)
LF: Ralph Kiner | Long1: Mike Cuellar (L) | 6. Robinson Cano (L)
CF: Turkey Stearnes | Mid1: Gene Garber (R) | 7. Sammy Sosa (R)
RF: Sammy Sosa | Mid2: Joakim Soria (R) | 8. Gerald "Buster" Posey III (R)
Bench: Bill Mazeroski 2B (R) | Short1: Willie Hernandez (L) | 9. Pitcher's Spot
Bench: Norm Cash 1B (L) | Short2: B.J Ryan (L)
Bench: Chuck Klein OF (L) | Closer: Rollie Fingers (R)
Bench: Evan Longoria 3B (R) |
Bench: Darryl Strawberry OF (L)|
Bench: Joe Dugan 3B/SS/2B (R)|

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
Chicago Whales

Manager: Earl Weaver

Defense​
|
Batting Order​
|
Bench​
|
Starting Rotation​
|
Bullpen​
C: Gary Carter |1. Ty Cobb |1. Juan Gonzalez |1. Greg Maddux |
1B: Don Mattingly |2. Jackie Robinson |2. Tony Fernandez |2. Ed Walsh|MR. Brian Fuentes
2B: Jackie Robinson |3. Don Mattingly |3. Torii Hunter|3. Roy Halladay|MR. Andrew Miller
3B: Ron Santo |4. Gary Sheffield |4. Jason Kendall|4. David Cone |SU. Arthur Rhodes
SS: Omar Vizquel |5. Ron Santo |5. Matt Holliday|5. Chris Carpenter |SU. Jason Isringhausen
LF: Joe Medwick|6. Joe Medwick |6. Bret Boone| |CL. Robb Nen
CF: Ty Cobb|7. Gary Carter | 7. Derrek Lee |
RF: Gary Sheffield|8. Omar Vizquel||

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it’s just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Sorry Pwn, but I'm not sure if Vegeta is getting my pms. Vegeta, we decided to start the MLB draft on April 10th.

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
Sorry, I've been negligent with my Pms lately. :laugh: I'm completely cool with the 10th. Also, vote for the Tigers! Our lineup has more pop than our opponent, our starting rotations are comparable, and the Tigers' bullpen better and deeper.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
With both teams being well rested and able to throw their #1's, a sold out crowd turned out to see Kid Nichols chew up the Whales offense like Buchner Gold Coin tobacco and while Maddux did his part, it was not enough as the Tigers won 2-0 behind a 3 hit shutout.

Game 2 saw Don Mattingly refuse to shave his sideburns prompting Earl Weaver to opine "I never asked him to". Mattingly responded with Weaver's favorite play, the 3 run homerun and the series was tied at one a piece via a 4-1 Whales victory.

In Game 3 Ty Cobb was ejected for spiking and then shoving Edgar Martinez. This seemed to deflate the Whales slightly and the Tigers took advantage behind some masterful pitching by Sabremetricshagen. Final score 5-2.

Game 4 was a bit more of the same as David Cone could not silence the Tigers potent 3-4. A-Rod doubled twice and Jimmie Foxx homered and drove in 3 moving the Tigers to within 1 win of advancing.

The Whales came out firing in Game 5 scoring 3 runs off Kid Nichols who had baffled them a few days earlier. Still the Tigers kept staying the course, eventually tying the game in the 7th behind a Turkey Stearnes triple. In the 8th, the Tigers went up for good as Cano drove in A-Rod with a sac fly and Rollie Fingers closed the door on the Whales. John McGraw offered "Fingers has a mustache so he plays. What are you looking at?"

Congrats to both teams, I enjoyed both rosters very much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad