Robot City
Cleveland Indians:

Manager: Walter Alston

Position Players
|
Pitchers
|
Lineup

C: Gabby Hartnett | SP1: Steve Carlton (LHP) | 1. Tim Raines (B)
1B: Sadaharu Oh | SP2: Hal Newhouser (LHP) | 2. Wade Boggs (L)
2B: Charlie Gehringer | SP3: Luis Tiant (RHP) | 3. Mike Trout (R)
3B: Wade Boggs | SP4: Babe Adams (RHP) | 4. Babe Ruth (L)
SS: Cal Ripken Jr. | SP5: Tim Hudson (RHP) | 5. Sadaharu Oh (L)
LF: Tim Raines | Long1: Al Brazle (LHP) | 6. Gabby Hartnett (R)
CF: Mike Trout | Mid1: Moe Drabowski (RHP) | 7. Cal Ripken Jr. (R)
RF: Babe Ruth | Mid2: Steve Kline (LHP) | 8. Charlie Gehringer (L)
Bench: CF Larry Doby | Short: Roberto Hernandez (RHP) | 9. Pitcher
Bench: C Lance Parrish | Setup: Keith Foulke (RHP) :
Bench: 1B John Olerud | Closer: Troy Percival (RHP)
Bench: IF/OF Tony Phillips |
Bench: 3B Eric Chavez |
Bench: OF Fred Lynn |

Last edited:

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
Chicago Black Sox:

Manager: Tony La Russa

Position Players
|
Pitchers
|
Lineup

C: Mike Piazza | SP1: Roger Clemens | 1. Ozzie Smith
1B: Rafael Palmeiro | SP2: CC Sabathia | 2. Brooks Robinson
2B: Dustin Pedroia | SP3: Don Sutton | 3. Mickey Mantle
3B: Brooks Robinson | SP4: Phil Niekro | 4. Mike Piazza
SS: Ozzie Smith | SP5: Justin Verlander | 5. Rafael Palmeiro
LF: Luis Gonzalez| Long1: Derek Lowe | 6. Mel Ott
CF: Mickey Mantle | Mid1: Heath Bell | 7. Luis Gonzalez
RF: Mel Ott | Mid2: Jose Valverde | 8. Dustin Pedroia
Bench: Jimmy Rollins | Short1: Brad Lidge | 9. Roger Clemens
Bench: Mark Texeira | Short2: Brian Wilson
Bench: Brian McCann | Closer: Francisco Rodriguez
Bench: Ian Kinsler |
Bench: Josh Donaldson|
Bench: Ian Kinsler |

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
That top of the order will haunt the Black Sox. Love the infield defence of Brooks and Ozzie, but having them lead a batting order is going to bite back IMO. A combined OBP of under .330 vs Raines and Boggs at a combined .400.

The Black Sox rotation will have to work on overdrive against this Indians lineup.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
That top of the order will haunt the Black Sox. Love the infield defence of Brooks and Ozzie, but having them lead a batting order is going to bite back IMO. A combined OBP of under .330 vs Raines and Boggs at a combined .400.

The Black Sox rotation will have to work on overdrive against this Indians lineup.

Same goes for their pitchers.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Same goes for their pitchers.

While I see what you are saying, your 1 and 2 hitters are comparatively weak. While your overall lineup is strong, my pitchers shouldn't have too much problem putting down your 9-1-2 hitters with ease. This means your middle of the order hitters will have precious few RBI opportunities and fewer outs to work with. My lineup excels at getting on base. Other than the pitcher's spot, there's no easy out in that lineup.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
I have a feeling we're in for a nail biter gentlemen.....without further adieu.....

Game 1 saw Ruth overeat during pre-game warmups but it did not stop him from eating again later as well as smashing 2 doubles and an RBI single to propel the Indians to a 5-2 win over the Sox. Sox manager Tony LaRussa provided this insight "He's real good".

In Game 2 the veteran Don Sutton was absolutely masterful, painting the corners like Bob Ross and working down in the zone like Sasha Grey. Sutton explained after the game that it was 'all part of his plan to pitch well'. We have a tied series heading to Chicago.

Game 3 began with a new promotion called Alt-Country Demolition night where all fans in attendance who brought in an alt-country MP3 file were treated to a free small soda. Everyone sat quietly as the MP3's were loaded onto a giant USB and hastily deleted prior to gametime. There were no incidents reported. Final score 5-4 Cleveland.

Chicago native R. Kelly threw out the first pitch in Game 4 and while nobody was around to see it since it occurred 4 hours before start time for reasons unknown, the ball gave an interview after the game describing how great it was. Chicago, no doubt inspired by R. Kelly, crushed 4 home runs en route to a 10-4 win. We're tied again kids.

Game 5 saw Raines and Boggs bang out 7 hits total and Steve Carlton tossed 1 run ball for 8 innings as Cleveland went back on top in the series.

Game 6 was postponed 8 hours due to pesticide spraying and began at 3am local time. An unprecedented turn of events. Chicago seemed unfazed by the delay as Mickey Mantle homered from both sides of the plate and received a free home inspection from Insects?, LOL! LLC. Final score 6-1 and we go to a final game in Cleveland.

In game 7, Drew Carey attempted to circumvent security but was thwarted before he could take someone's seat in the upper deck. A collective sigh was heard somewhere. Through 6 innings we were scoreless until Ozzie Smith hit a rare home run and the Sox took a 1-0 lead. In the 8th, Brad Lidge hung an 0-2 slider to Babe Ruth who deposited it somewhere near Dayton and the Indians had tied the game. In extra innings, the Sox had runners on 1st and 2nd but could not cash in as Troy Percival struck out the side after walking the first 2 men. In the bottom of the 10th, this happened...<Youtube clip missing>

Cleveland wins the series! Cleveland wins the series! What a crazy final play!

Congratulations to both players, awesome work. Very tough series.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
We all know what happens when Lidge hangs one. People get hurt, children cry, and a train gets hit with a baseball.

Nicely done Fish and Shawked. Shawked, you ran into a buzzsaw lineup. Two really good teams. This might have been my favorite series to breakdown.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
I remember watching that game and my wife asked how they were doing and I said it's over as no one's gonna hit Lidge. Ausmus with a "give me another ball" reaction the second it's hit though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad