OT: 87th Obsequious Banter Thread: Don't be Brash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Emma rules. I'm not going to watch because I don't want to jinx her.

Simpin’ Saturday coming up.

CBWylks.gif

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I hope you're recording it. :laugh:

These teens have maturity significantly beyond their years.

Fernandez was looking gassed down the stretch and has played a lot more tennis. Raducanu hasn’t even played a 3rd set. She’s been amazing, but Leylah has had to topple 2, 3, and 5 seeds with a far tougher draw. Will be a must watch (knock on wood). Win-win as a tennis fan.

They’re two immensely fun players. Leylah is the crafty, speedy counter punching lefty; Emma is probably the more pure ball striker of the two. Her footwork and technique is so dang clean; her return game is on point too. But Leylah refuses to concede ground off the base line a la Agassi. We could have some brutally long rallies. They’re both so consistently good at defense into offense.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Fernandez was looking gassed down the stretch and has played a lot more tennis. Raducanu hasn’t even played a 3rd set. She’s been amazing, but Leylah has had to topple 2, 3, and 5 seeds with a far tougher draw. Will be a must watch (knock on wood). Win-win as a tennis fan.

They’re two immensely fun players. Leylah is the crafty, speedy counter punching lefty; Emma is probably the more pure ball striker of the two. Her footwork and technique is so dang clean; her return game is on point too. But Leylah refuses to concede ground off the base line a la Agassi. We could have some brutally long rallies. They’re both so consistently good at defense into offense.
Emma didn't even play a three setter in qualifying. Leylah's run has been incredible, given her opponents, but Emma's run has been a dream come true scenario, dispatching everyone with relative ease.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Emma didn't even play a three setter in qualifying. Leylah's run has been incredible, given her opponents, but Emma's run has been a dream come true scenario, dispatching everyone with relative ease.

So many women at the top just go for broke with power. It’s why there’s so little consistency with the majors. It’s a matter of who hits the most winners on that given day. Love how both of these girls are technicians. They will not beat themselves right now. They have certain stylistic traits of the big 3 men, if they were teenage girls (I’ll let you decipher which traits).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad