OT: 85th Obsequious Banter Thread: Pelle Lindbergh Memorial Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
over 70 confirmed with Covid at Olympics
Read that they are actually considering canceling....guess we'll see. People acting like this pandemic is over. It's not just the pandemic of the unvaccinated although they are impacted the most disproportionately. There are breakthrough infections among the vaccinated and although symptoms mild or asymptomatic ...still a risk to the immunocompromised. Of course the more this damn pathogen hangs around and incubates...the more it replicates.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Unbelievable flooding in China

There was a video with people inside a subway car and the water was up to their waists and the doors were shut and the water OUTSIDE the car was like 2 feet higher at the windows.
Then another one showed the water inside a subway car and it was filled up to like a couple feet below the ceiling.

I don't want to link just for not knowing with certainty what happened to those people. Some said everyone was rescued, but I didn't see any clips of the rescue. There were clips of people being rescued/led thru subway tunnels off subway cars just don't know if it was that specific car.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
There was a video with people inside a subway car and the water was up to their waists and the doors were shut and the water OUTSIDE the car was like 2 feet higher at the windows.
Then another one showed the water inside a subway car and it was filled up to like a couple feet below the ceiling.

I don't want to link just for not knowing with certainty what happened to those people. Some said everyone was rescued, but I didn't see any clips of the rescue. There were clips of people being rescued/led thru subway tunnels off subway cars just don't know if it was that specific car.

One of the posts in that thread talked about the subway and showed some bodies on the platform. It seems they didn't all get out safely.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
This horseshit wasn’t getting a click from me.
7F12C491-6D65-4E61-B91A-6136947BD088.png

Reactions: Striiker

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Read that they are actually considering canceling....guess we'll see. People acting like this pandemic is over. It's not just the pandemic of the unvaccinated although they are impacted the most disproportionately. There are breakthrough infections among the vaccinated and although symptoms mild or asymptomatic ...still a risk to the immunocompromised. Of course the more this damn pathogen hangs around and incubates...the more it replicates.

We are rocking and rolling in Manitoba finally and getting back to normal. We at 80% 1st dose tho and pushing 60% with second. Also have a vaccine passport in place.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
It's not raining, but for like the last 20 mins crazy strong winds and dark ass skies with **** blowing down the street.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
It's Wednesday, which means I'm off for a week. I go to bed this morning with plans to wake up in the afternoon and mow the grass which honestly has never been longer imo (mom and brother not home, me and dad both working and sleeping during the day). Wake up, it's a monsoon. Give it a few hours to dry, go out to mow about 10 mins ago, and it's thundering. When the f*** have we ever had a severe thunderstorm, blue sky, then another severe thunderstorm 5 hours later? f***ing stupid. So now I'm forced to mow tomorrow before a hockey game with plans to drive 3 hours to the beach afterwards. Hope I don't fall asleep and crash and die. Thanks weather. f***ing annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad