GDT: #82 | Hurricanes at FLYERS | Sun., April 9, 2017 | 7:00 pm ET | CSN-PH, FS-CR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Cant we lose 2-1 or something? Embarassing Stolie isnt necessary lol.

Actually id like to see Giroux hit 60 points so a 3-2 loss with a goal and assist for Giroux would be perfect. A point for Provy to hit 30 would also be sweet.

I'm assuming that the Flyers will play their balls off and score a ton (Vandevelde hat trick?) in an effort to screw up the draft pick, because we can't have nice things. We're going to need to compensate for that by letting in quite a few goals.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
If I did my math right, we can jump from 12th overall to 9th overall with a regulation loss here and a win of any kind by LA, right?

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
We really need a regulation loss. This is not negotiable. Possibly picking 10th or 13th is a huge deal.

Not in this draft. The scouts really have their work cut out for them this year. I want big wingers who can score! AKA more fatso's.

PS Nice GDT Cap

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
To give the game to Hagg, and not Sanheim, do we think it's any indication on who they think is most ready for next year?

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
To give the game to Hagg, and not Sanheim, do we think it's any indication on who they think is most ready for next year?

I do. Any time management is asked about Sanheim, they say there is no rush and he is in a good place. I think they plan on giving him another year in the AHL.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Not really as I don't think they're competing for the same spots. I'd imagine Hagg got the call because he fills the role that Manning does & I guess with Morin playing a lot this week between the NHL/AHL perhaps they wanted to give him a break.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Might be the Canes last game ever.

Good that Hagg is playing, however I'd like to see more of Morin.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Probably more of a situation where Hagg is rewarded for paying his dues on the Phantoms for multiple seasons.

torkad frukt

Mar 8, 2013

Hägg played his 200 ahl game the other night, so I think they're rewarding him with a taste of the NHL. Feels like he's had a pretty good season down there also, except the injury. I'm happy for him :handclap:

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Well earned. Hägg may have been the Phantoms' most consistent allround defenseman this season.

Seems to be Hextall's way of showing them a piece of the cake to work for during the summer break.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Not in this draft. The scouts really have their work cut out for them this year. I want big wingers who can score! AKA more fatso's.

PS Nice GDT Cap

All the draft gurus here seem to disagree with you. A drop in "tiers" happens right where we're potentially picking.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Probably more of a situation where Hagg is rewarded for paying his dues on the Phantoms for multiple seasons.

Exactly. This is a game where the result doesn't matter, so it's not a question of necessarily calling up the best player. Sanheim is clearly the best of the three.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
After thinking more about this, I've calmed down a bit. They are playing Schultz and MDZ because it's their last game with the Flyers. Ditto perhaps(hopefully)for AMac. Manning should be in the top 6 next year as their warrior/heart/grit/enforcer D-man, so he doesn't need to play tonight. Let the second coming of Gus have his taste of glory.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I do. Any time management is asked about Sanheim, they say there is no rush and he is in a good place. I think they plan on giving him another year in the AHL.

That's not Hextall said about Sanheim this past week. He said the difference between his game in October and his game now was like "night and day".

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I'll be at the WFC tonite, looking forward to Hagg's debut, I also hope Vecchione gets a little more TOI tonite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad