GDT: #82 ⋅ ANA @ VGK ⋅ 7:00 PM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
how do we think Gauthier compares to Matt Boldy? Expected to be better or worse?

That’s kinda my realistic view of his ceiling

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I've had horses, and their shit is "almost" pleasant smelling (compared to cat and dog shit) with all the grass they eat.

oh, Go Ducks.
7c6.gif

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Then we have different standards. There's a difference between taking someone at their word and holding them to it. I didn't and don't consent to a relationship, even a recreational one like this, where people blow smoke up my ass, because I'm not a mark. You can look down on people who don't also wink as naive but then you're part of the accountability vacuum, because if you can't ever be held to your plan, then you can't ever meaningfully underperform it. As HD illustrates:

Instead of having to learn a lesson, your fans say ehh, he didn't mean that. After all, we weren't good, so how could he think we'd be good? That gives him the benefit of circular logic.

And just in general, I expect better of people. Even in these degenerate days I won't accept this sort of thing.
It’s way more common than you think. It has its own lingo - coach speak. Where they say things that don’t really mean much. Coaches, managers, agents, etc are all smokes and mirrors. Zegras said the game versus the kings felt like a playoff game, yet he’s never been in an NHL playoff game.

Reactions: Deuce22

ff8

Aug 25, 2022
He's only cleared to practice. He won't recover from his capcercumventidis until after the game today.
Ah yes. A mid-season injury occurring in Vegas which spontaneously improves right before the first playoff game in the spring. Thats pathognomonic for capcircumventitis

Reactions: Ducks DVM

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Hayzy saying he would be surprised if Jones wasn’t resigned and really embrace the penalty killing roll with his already great for checking game. They also are mentioning lesson as someone they think will comeback

Reactions: Ducks DVM and ff8

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Luneau losing most of this years development is an understated tragedy of this year imo. Really hope he bounces back well next year. He has what it takes to be a solid top 4 D for 10 years+.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
how do we think Gauthier compares to Matt Boldy? Expected to be better or worse?

That’s kinda my realistic view of his ceiling
Boldy is smarter and has better hands. Gauthier has a better shot and is a better skater. I think boldy will end up better.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Then we have different standards. There's a difference between taking someone at their word and holding them to it. I didn't and don't consent to a relationship, even a recreational one like this, where people blow smoke up my ass, because I'm not a mark. You can look down on people who don't also wink as naive but then you're part of the accountability vacuum, because if you can't ever be held to your plan, then you can't ever meaningfully underperform it. As HD illustrates:

Instead of having to learn a lesson, your fans say ehh, he didn't mean that. After all, we weren't good, so how could he think we'd be good? That gives him the benefit of circular logic.

And just in general, I expect better of people. Even in these degenerate days I won't accept this sort of thing.
Fair enough, our expectations are different. I want Verbeek to put a good hockey team on the ice. I don’t pay much attention to the other stuff.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I highly doubt Gibson will be on the team next year if he’s expected to be the back up.
i dont see the team buying him out, and I dont see any team wanting him. he's just not good anymore, there's no "well maybe on a good defensive team he can still be elite" potential with him; he's an overpaid backup goalie at this point. rather stick with him as back up, then give up assets to get rid of him/bring back another bad contract.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
i dont see the team buying him out, and I dont see any team wanting him. he's just not good anymore, there's no "well maybe on a good defensive team he can still be elite" potential with him; he's an overpaid backup goalie at this point. rather stick with him as back up, then give up assets to get rid of him/bring back another bad contract.
If he didn’t already want out, then making him the backup would make it a guarantee that he would demand a move. I really don’t want a guy like that around the team. I don’t really understand why you would prefer Gibson to be our backup with that contract over another overpaid goalie. Like, would you really be against Husso as the backup for 1 year instead of Gibson for 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad