1713432181079.png

vs

$100,000,000

Stuff.

Last edited:

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
We had so much talk this year about people playing on their strong sides under Verbeek. Yet here we are with line 1 showing 2 lefties, and line 3 with 2 righties. Weird.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
We had so much talk this year about people playing on their strong sides under Verbeek. Yet here we are with line 1 showing 2 lefties, and line 3 with 2 righties. Weird.
Well he says things, he asserts them really, and they're all we have to go on. And maybe they're offhanded or meant to be taken as rules of thumb rather than actual rules. Or maybe we're just in a phase where lineup things like that are going to be suboptimal until the rebuild is further along. But yeah, his words aren't a great match for reality. PV's defenders defend him by saying that you can't actually take him at his word on anything, which is both a hilarious defense and also a convenient way to superimpose your own logic onto PV's illogic.

So who knows.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Well he says things, he asserts them really, and they're all we have to go on. And maybe they're offhanded or meant to be taken as rules of thumb rather than actual rules. Or maybe we're just in a phase where lineup things like that are going to be suboptimal until the rebuild is further along. But yeah, his words aren't a great match for reality. PV's defenders defend him by saying that you can't actually take him at his word on anything, which is both a hilarious defense and also a convenient way to superimpose your own logic onto PV's illogic.

So who knows.
I think it's naive to take anyone in management (not just hockey) at their word. When Verbeek pronounces this or that, I tend to chuckle. What he says and does are very different. It was the same with Murray. Maybe I'm just generally skeptical, but this just seems like part of the job is to BS the fans and media.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So we have some control over the kings 1st round matchup?

Both assistant coaches need to be gone…. Gibson and Fowler unlikely gone, but should be.

Make a splash or 2 at free agency/draft via trade and I think we’re in a solid spot.

I'm happy this season is ending, this coaching staff has not made this team fun to watch, and hope we get those new assistants and Cronin starts to develop newer ideas. I've had enough of Ducks hockey for this season but I want to see more of Z. Leo and Cutter playing, I am hoping all of them go to the WC. Will give the Ducks fans something more to watch, and won't feel as long of an off-season. I think Z and Leo are a given, but not sure about Cutter, are there still spots available for Team USA?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm happy this season is ending, this coaching staff has not made this team fun to watch, and hope we get those new assistants and Cronin starts to develop newer ideas. I've had enough of Ducks hockey for this season but I want to see more of Z. Leo and Cutter playing, I am hoping all of them go to the WC. Will give the Ducks fans something more to watch, and won't feel as long of an off-season. I think Z and Leo are a given, but not sure about Cutter, are there still spots available for Team USA?
Wasn’t cutter 1 of the top players on usa last season…. I got to imagine they bring him

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Agree that both assistants need to go. Cronin gets another year to adapt his systems to the talent on hand. Leave Z at center and latch him to McTavish on his wing. Gibson should go and try to deal Fowler. Don't sign big money FA unless he's younger than 26. Build a bottom six that might score once in awhile. Bring in PP and PK coaches that aren't stuck in the 90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad