South Jersey

Game Preview: 4/4/19 vs. Ottawa

LAST GAME
Tuesday, April 2
Nashville 3 at Buffalo 2
Goals: Okposo, Skinner
Goalie: Hutton (32 saves/35 shots)
PP: 0/3; PK: 1/1; Shots: Nashville 35 – Buffalo 28

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 243)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Matt Hunwick (upper body, March 23) – 7 games
Zach Bogosian (lower body, March 25) – 6 games
Vladimir Sobotka (upper body, March 30) – 3 games
Marco Scandella (lower body, March 31) – 2 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
4/3: Assigned D William Borgen to Rochester (AHL)

REMAINING GAMES
Saturday, April 6: Buffalo at Detroit, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SENATORS at SABRES

• This is the fourth and final meeting between the Sabres and Senators this season.
  • Last meeting: Ottawa defeated Buffalo 4-0 in Ottawa on March 26
  • The Sabres are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Senators; 6-3-1 at home.
  • This is the 141st game all-time between Buffalo and Ottawa; Buffalo has a 68-52-20 series record.
  • The Sabres are 37-23-8 at home against the Senators all-time.
Morning Skate: April 4, 2019 from 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM at KeyBank Center

Last edited:

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Who would have thought in December that we'd be looking at game 81 as "just get this f***ing season over with"?

Reactions: kirby11

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I'll get my GBU out of the way now.

G: The season is almost over.
B: The season isn't over yet.
U: Just get the season over with already!

Doubt I'll watch this one but I've done worse out of boredom. I'll do what I can to watch the season closer though, for reasons. Mostly not on-ice reasons.

Reactions: Niagaradad

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I’ll be there, and in the 200s! (Because they will never be that cheap again)

Hope they send off the Housley Botts era is style.

Seriously, Ottawa is on a back to back, and they’re playing a rookie college goalie. If we can’t score atleast 3, fold this franchise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chainshot

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
I hate to root against this team but I really want to lose out and have New Jersey leapfrog us. Both from the 2% or so chance of hitting each lottery ball but also the chance of only sliding to 5 and not 6 in the event of another team in the 6-10 range winning the lottery.

Reactions: Willgamesh

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I'll get my GBU out of the way now.

G: The season is almost over.
B: The season isn't over yet.
U: Just get the season over with already!

Doubt I'll watch this one but I've done worse out of boredom. I'll do what I can to watch the season closer though, for reasons. Mostly not on-ice reasons.
Wife and kids will be out of the house during the game and this vodka isn't going to drink itself.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Honestly, I'm rooting for them to lose out in entertaining style to:
A.) secure a better draft pick
B.) get Phil canned
C.) have a 10 game losing streak so the morons in charge stop crowing about how proud they are of a 10 game win streak in between 150 games of trash.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I’ll be there, and in the 200s! (Because they will never be that cheap again)

Hope they send off the Housley Botts era is style.

Seriously, Ottawa is on a back to back, and they’re playing a rookie college goalie. If we can’t score at least 3, fold this franchise.
As noted in the Gm #80 thread, this is a classic Tank Trap scenario.

Who will be the Sabres Admiral Akbar and lead us to defeat!!??

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I’m expecting Sabres to win both of last 2 games to try and save Housley’s job. You know, progress. We have a shot at 2/3 overall and end up 6th. Before lottery.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I’m expecting Sabres to win both of last 2 games to try and save Housley’s job. You know, progress. We have a shot at 2/3 overall and end up 6th. Before lottery.
I think we'll struggle against Ottawa tonight and the Wings will crush us. They're really playing well.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
D3PR0ekXsAAv8aB.jpg

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
No snow so I am going. I have tickets for the Bisons home opener first so I am hoping to have some fun. I guess I will see more prospects than I expected at the Sabres game and less at the Bisons game due to callups and injury!

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I hated the tank years. But this is a new low. I haven't been this dissatisfied with them ever, including Meehan's reign of boredom or the disaster of Scotty Bowman, super-ego.
Aah but Meehan's goal to put the Flyers out of the playoffs-one of my moments of glee.

Reactions: brian_griffin

js31

Aug 2, 2005
Anybody know the earliest a ticketholder can go into Key Bank Center before the game, have ticket scanned, and pick up a bobblehead?

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
During the Rolston years, During the Nolan years, During the Bylsma years, I made an effort to watch the Sabres games. I always jumped at the chance of free tickets, regardless how poor they were playing, because I enjoyed hockey. I have been beaten down so much by this organization, that my friends and family are honestly worried about me because I refuse to take the free tickets, take an extra seat, and overall go to any games. I don't even want to talk about hockey with them. The last game I went to for this organization was the prospects tournament with Boston and NJ and that was because I got free tickets. I have not bought tickets or anything Sabres related since the 2015-2016 season, where I went to 3 games last year (because of free tickets). This organization is just so hard to get excited for.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I wonder if Nylander is banged up or maybe sent down?

Swapping Okposo and Pominville makes too much sense. Oh Phil, sweet summer child. Enjoy your last two games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad