[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2014/2015 REGULAR SEASON
GAME #81 - 04/09/2015

vs
OTT: 41-26-13_________NYR: 52-21-7

TIME | 7:00 PM ET VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | MSG, RDS2, TSN5

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYR@OTT 3/26/15 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - SENATORS.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

APRIL SCHEDULE:

aprilschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

It’s been an impressive year. Ever since Day 1, it was a, "who’s up next" mentality.
We’ve had some injuries and we’ve had some key guys step up at different points this season.
It just shows that we have a deep team that has been successful from start to finish.
- Kevin Hayes

It meant a lot to me, to be honest. It was a big moment for myself but, obviously, the boys played hard.
Since Hank came back, I knew what my role would be and I’m fine with that.
To do what I did in Hank’s absence was great, but he’s the guy and hopefully he can lead us on another deep run this season.
- Cam Talbot

Every team has got their philosophy and style of play. I’m not going to comment on Jersey’s.
With what we accomplished tonight, I’m not really interested in talking about the power play.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="OTTAWA SENATORS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 80 | GF | 232
W | 41 | GA | 214
L | 26 | GF/G | 2.82
OTL | 13 | GA/G | 2.59
Pts | 95 | PIM/G | 10.4
HOME | 23-13-5 | PP% | 16.8
AWAY | 18-13-8 | PK% | 82.6
L10 | 6-2-2 | FO% | 48.1
STREAK | W1 | S/O | 6-7

Division | 5th
Conference | 9th
League | 17th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Mike Hoffman | 27 Assists | Erik Karlsson | 45 Points | Erik Karlsson | 66 + / - | Marc Methot | +21 Shots | Erik Karlsson | 287 Hits | Mark Borowiecki | 224 Blocks | Cody Ceci | 108 PIM | Mark Borowiecki | 105 FO% | Kyle Turris | 49.7 TOI/G F: | Kyle Turris | 19:14 TOI/G D: | Erik Karlsson | 27:15

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Clarke MacArthur | Kyle Turris (A) | Mark Stone
Mike Hoffman | Mika Zibanejad | Bobby Ryan (A)
Zack Smith | David Legwand | Alex Chiasson
Curtis Lazar | Jean-Gabriel Pageau | Erik Condra

LD | RD
Marc Methot | Erik Karlsson (C)
Patrick Wiercioch | Cody Ceci
Mark Borowiecki | Eric Gryba

Scratched
Jared Cowen|
Colin Greening|

STARTING GOALIE:

Hammond-Andrew2.png

Andrew Hammond

GPI: 22 | W: 18 | L: 1 | OT: 2 | PIM: 0
SV% .937 | GAA: 1.91 | SA: 646 | GA: 41 | SO: 2

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Matt Puempel | Lower body (DTD)
Milan Michalek | Upper body (DTD)
Chris Neil | Hand (IR)
Chris Phillips | Undisclosed (IR)
Robin Lehner | Concussion (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 80 | GF | 248
W | 52 | GA | 187
L | 21 | GF/G | 3.05
OTL | 7 | GA/G | 2.28
Pts | 111 | PIM/G | 8.7
HOME | 25-10-5 | PP% | 16.8
AWAY | 27-11-2 | PK% | 84.5
L10 | 7-3-0 | FO% | 46.8
STREAK | W5 | S/O | 4-5

Division | 1st
Conference | 1st
League | 1st

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Rick Nash | 42 Assists | Derick Brassard | 41 Points | Rick Nash | 69 + / - | Rick Nash | +29 Shots | Rick Nash | 304 Hits | Dan Girardi | 217 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 181 PIM | Tanner Glass | 93 FO% | Dominic Moore | 54.6 TOI/G F: | Derek Stepan | 18:13 TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 23:08

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Ryan Bourque | Derick Brassard | Jesper Fast
Chris Kreider | Derek Stepan (A) | J.T. Miller
Carl Hagelin | Kevin Hayes | Martin St. Louis (A)
Tanner Glass | Dominic Moore | James Sheppard

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh (C) | Dan Girardi
Chris Summers | Dan Boyle
Keith Yandle | Matt Hunwick

Scratched
Marc Staal|
Mats Zuccarello|
Rick Nash|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik2.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 44 | W: 29 | L: 12 | OT: 3 | PIM: 0
SV% .923 | GAA: 2.26 | SA: 1279 | GA: 99 | SO: 5

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Kevin Klein | Arm (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboysgdt.png

Last edited:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
This game will be full of laughs.
Right now, every sens fan would beg us to spare them but if the rangers score to take the lead they'll all throw kitchen sinks at us :laugh:

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Any word on call ups? Don't wanna risk an injury when PT is already clinched. I'd say rest McDonagh but someone's gotta go pick up that trophy

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I want Honk in goal and we need 113 pts. - I would love a new Rangers record.
And AV don't rest anyone - put the best team on the ice to claim victory! :)
If we win.. IF then put the entire wolfpack team in the last game for **** and giggles if it's possible? hahaa. :laugh:

LGR! :handclap:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Rangers pleeeeeeeeeasse, pretty please?? :wg:

haha- I would love to see Ottawa on that wildcard spot instead of Boston - let's wait until our last match to get that 2 pts. :nod:
Yeah, capitals in the last match of the season - it sounds like a plan. 'grin' :D

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Forget about the playoff implications and let's play our game here. You drop who's ever in front of who, that's hockey.

BoWmEn

Canadian Rangers Fan
Mar 10, 2012
Ontario
I want Hank to get his 30th win.

So does Hank. Everyone should know by now that he doesn't like to lose at anything, even in practice. We're also on the verge of win number 53, which would be a franchise record.

With all due respect to the Senators if they want in the playoffs they'll have to earn it, even if AV rests some talent, they’ll be trying to continue this winning streak going into the playoffs.

FATCHAMALA11

Kneel Before Zod
Feb 16, 2006
NJ
I never ask for a loss, but one might be ok here if it means getting Boston out of that spot. I don't want to play them first round.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I'd love to root for a loss to put this team there, or this team here, or get this team out of the playoffs; but, be careful what you wish for, right? So, let's just hope for a win.

I'd rest Nash tonight and MSL on Saturday.

Rangers will probably open the playoffs on the 16th since the Knicks are home on the 15th, so no matter what, everyone will have a 5 day break between game 82 and 83. Really no need to rest anyone, but I'd take those two guys out at least one game to avoid anything drastic happening.

That's me, though. I mean, not like we can climb any higher in the standings :D

LGR

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Sorry, but this is the one time I will root against the Rangers. With Boston losing, it's possible for them to get knocked out. Tampa will play them hard and won't want to do them any favors in the Atlantic. I'd like them out of the playoffs: too much size and experience.

KingP

Mar 24, 2012
New york
Turn my brain off and just watch this one

Im not sure if I would rather play Bruins or a pretty hot Sens team

:help:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
After listening to sens radio station this am and being another canadien team infatuated with kreider and running The goalie I truly don't mind if the Rangers dash their playoff hopes tonight.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I want to see the islander miss the playoffs. After all the talk their fans did earlier in the year, it would be karmic justice.

SO loss today and then win over Washington on Saturday. 114 points.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
As much as losing tonight would be as "good" from the standpoint of possibly helping to eliminate the Fishsticks or the Pittsburgh Crying Bettmans, there is potential danger in playing any of the potential matchups. The Rangers are much better than any of the teams they may play, and they should advance, but:

Ottawa: For some reason, the Senators play extremely well at MSG. Their style works really well on Garden ice. If they can throw the heavy forecheck with Karlsson roaming, the series could be a nightmare. Not to mention, they are as hot as a firecracker right now.

Boston: Big and nasty, and they have the capability of getting hot in stretches.

Detroit: While they are getting older and nowhere near as dangerous as they have been, they're a league darling and get away with a lot. Could see this series becoming dependent on officiating.

Pittsburgh: See Detroit.

Islanders: Little brother syndrome and seeing the Rangers might just jumpstart those ******* for a few games.

Basically, they're going to have to play whomever comes in front of them. Losing accidentally on purpose to a team on a roll might just come back and bite them in the ***.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad