Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xavier Oullet

• Luke Witkowski

• Total voters

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Most of our forward lines are fun to watch, the D is what I figured it would be and Howard has been outstanding. So what I am saying is that this is a mirage but we're worth watching.

Though if games continue to be called like this, maybe not.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Weird game. Howard has been great though. Daley as well. Not as impressed by the forward lines as everyone else seems to be but there is potential.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Jimmy Howard faced 77 shots through 2 games. Woof. Has that hot .961 rn though.

Edit: Sorry I mathed wrong.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Keating quote after getting corrected regarding Jimmy's GAA: "Good job, nerds."

:laugh:

Remember what we hoped Pulks would be? That's been Frk so far. Good stuff from him.

Absolutely. Frk is bigger, stronger, faster, and has a higher hockey IQ than Pulkkinen.

If they could get AA signed, trade Sheahan, and sort out the Charlie Foxtrot that is the defense, it'd be golden.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
:laugh: DDK led the team in hits with 5

Also still laughing at Ken Daniels goal call for Frk:
SCORRRRRRES! WHAT A FRKIN SHOT!

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
I want to bring up Mantha in this game. Sure he didn't have a lot of TOI, but at times it looked like he was not hustling out there. It was if he was anticipating where to be at on the ice, position wise, but it made him look like he wasn't moving that fast. Has anyone else noticed this?

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
I want to bring up Mantha in this game. Sure he didn't have a lot of TOI, but at times it looked like he was not hustling out there. It was if he was anticipating where to be at on the ice, position wise, but it made him look like he wasn't moving that fast. Has anyone else noticed this?
I honestly think it's more of the really ugly style of play from Ottawa as well as Mantha is still learning how other teams are going to play him. I agree that he anticipates a bit and when the play doesn't go there, he looks like he is out of place and struggles to get back in the play.

Still early in his career.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I thought he had a relatively poor game, I'd agree with everything you said. Just didn't seem right out there tonight - stark difference from game 1.

That said, not worried one bit about the kid.

Reactions: ArGarBarGar

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

There were 2 shifts that defined his game. He looked as if he were looking over his shoulder. Personally I think it’s his fit on the FML line. Looked like he was trying to find Frk for the one timer every time he has the puck. I know everyone loves that line but I personally think it’s looked fumbly.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Mantha was meh tonight. He made a couple good plays but overall just wasn't
There were 2 shifts that defined his game. He looked as if he were looking over his shoulder. Personally I think it’s his fit on the FML line. Looked like he was trying to find Frk for the one timer every time he has the puck. I know everyone loves that line but I personally think it’s looked fumbly.
I like that Blash is letting the kids have a little fun together, and I am hoping his intention is to let them use their creativity together to inspire them/others on future lines, and eventually break them up. I think when they face the top teams in the league the inexperience of that line is going to shine through.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Mantha was meh tonight. He made a couple good plays but overall just wasn't

I like that Blash is letting the kids have a little fun together, and I am hoping his intention is to let them use their creativity together to inspire them/others on future lines, and eventually break them up. I think when they face the top teams in the league the inexperience of that line is going to shine through.

I have no problem with them staying together for a bit. Same with the TZN line which I don’t think looks good either. I can’t stand coaches disassembling lines before they get a chance to work out the kinks. I just don’t think Mantha’s role on that line really works for the type of player he is. But maybe that’s the point - to diversify him as a player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad