GDT: #8|Stars vs. Pens| HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!| Fri, Oct. 18 - 7:00PM | PPG | ESPN+, FS-SW, ATTSN-PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

WE ARE GONNA HAVE A GOOD TIME

GAMEDAY/PREVIEW
Stars projected lineup

Jake Guentzel -- Sidney Crosby -- Dominik Simon
Dominik Kahun -- Jared McCann -- Patric Hornqvist
Zach Aston-Reese -- Teddy Blueger -- Brandon Tanev
Adam Johnson -- Joseph Blandisi -- Sam Lafferty
Brian Dumoulin -- Kris Letang
Marcus Pettersson -- Justin Schultz
Jack Johnson -- John Marino
Matt Murray
Tristan Jarry
Scratched: Chad Ruhwedel, Erik Gudbranson, Juuso Riikola
Injured: Evgeni Malkin (lower body), Nick Bjugstad (lower body), Bryan Rust (upper body), Alex Galchenyuk (lower body), Zach Trotman (sports hernia surgery)

STARS 1-6-1 = 3 points
PENS 5-2-0 = 10 points

LET'S PLAY PIN THE TAIL ON THE PENGUIN
x0v11UK.png

:pensPOINTS LEADERS:stars

Guentzel - 5 (GOALS ) 4 - Hintz
Crosby - 8 (
ASSISTS) 3 - RADULOV
Crosby - 12 (POINTS) 5 - Hintz
Lafferty - 5 (+/-) 2 - Heiskanen
Murray - 4 (WINS) 1 - Bishop

:pensPROJECTED LINEUPS:stars

kNbKUwU.png

THE OUTSIDER

A PERFECT CIRCLE

g4cKuHC.png

iX3ZpMo.gif

17dnemM.png

IbXzHoD.gif

ZipKREl.png

KK0T1qw.png

SGOt1Xp.png

JjapEnJ.png

STARS
"Pulled from last games "Projected Lineup"

Jason Dickinson - Tyler Seguin - Alexander Radulov
Jamie Benn - Roope Hintz - Corey Perry
Mattias Janmark - Radek Faksa - Joe Pavelski
Andrew Cogliano - Justin Dowling - Denis Gurianov
Esa Lindell - John Klingberg
Andrej Sekera - Miro Heiskanen
Jamie Oleksiak - Taylor Fedun
Ben Bishop
Anton Khudobin

Musical Chairs Complete

Last edited:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Injuries to half the team and we are 2nd in the league in goal diff(10).

2 more points for Sid coming up. whether we score 2 total or 10...wont make a diff lol....would be nice if he could get those 4-5pt games in the ones we blow teams out.

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
Is Roope Hintz really their leading scorer? Sounds like a team with a ton of talent up front that has no team identity just yet. Hopefully they don't decide to figure it out tonight, save tht nonsense for tomorrow when they play the flyers.

Dallas is just not scoring enough despite having the horses. If the Penguins can put up 4 goals it's a near guaranteed victory.

Reactions: Andy99 and fragmag

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Is Roope Hintz really their leading scorer? Sounds like a team with a ton of talent up front that has no team identity just yet. Hopefully they don't decide to figure it out tonight, save tht nonsense for tomorrow when they play the flyers.

Roope Hintz sounds like a slightly racist made-up "American" name in a Japanese video game.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Shouldn't have to worry about the team having a letdown game against the struggling teams since we have so many up from WBS.

They will continue to treat each game like its their last(so they are the one who stays up when we get healthy). And Sid/Jake usually stay on their hot streak for awhile before taking a week or two "off". Then back at it again.

Also another thing is Guentzel entering his peak years now...

One thing id like to see is Tanev with them. He should be rewarded for his OT goal right? Thats what Sully usually does..dont end that now.

Want to see Tanev stick with them since Rust should be on line 2 when all 3 of them are eventually healthy lol.

Wouldn't mind seeing Lafferty get a shot on the first line either. Thats 20g 30a potential(cuz of who hes playing with). Simon doesn't have that in him. While Tanev would be a solid all around player he doesnt have that 50pt potential either. But would even draw penalties by being with those two...while being tough to play against.

"He’s always around the puck, and he skates really well. The other team always has to draw (Tanev) down,” said fellow high energy grinder Patric Hornqvist. “He’s a great player to have on your team. I used to hate to play against him because he always comes in with speed, and it feels like you’re on the wrong side of him.”
As Hornqvist said,

Isnt that what Sid wants?

Lets see how it works.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Roope Hintz sounds like a slightly racist made-up "American" name in a Japanese video game.

Dugnutt, is on the mound, having adjusted his Athletic Supporter, is now ready to serve up the first pitch of the game. Or was that considered the first pitch, Bob?

I don't know, Dick... ? This is a family orientated broadcast.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Why do I fear teams like Dallas more than the Avs when the Pens play them in the regular season

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
It seems Sullivan doesn't do the "weaker" team guess. Starter gets first, backup gets second.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
It seems Sullivan doesn't do the "weaker" team guess. Starter gets first, backup gets second.

the "hard" game isn't vs a division or even conference opponent, so doing everything you can to secure 2 points against Dallas seems pragmatic. As amazing as this stretch has been, eventually all of these injuries will lead to a bump in the road. Getting 2 against a struggling Dallas team is more important than trying to measure yourself against Vegas.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
@Ugene Malkin
Happy B-day bruh...you’re like 10 days older than me...mine’s on the 29th, but I’ve stopped celebrating it and just accepted I’m aging...so every day is a celebration...lol

I hear ya.

The wife asked what I wanted to do today, and to me it's just another day.

Like you said, every day is a celebration, and I don't have to wait for birthdays or Xmas to get what I want. So, it's really a day just like the rest.

Happy Pre-Birthday, Man!

Reactions: Andy99

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
the "hard" game isn't vs a division or even conference opponent, so doing everything you can to secure 2 points against Dallas seems pragmatic. As amazing as this stretch has been, eventually all of these injuries will lead to a bump in the road. Getting 2 against a struggling Dallas team is more important than trying to measure yourself against Vegas.

I hear ya but theres a flipside to this...

Instead of us cooling down(if we were winning while healthy) like we usually do...that may be avoided this year since eventually we will get at least 3 of the 5 players back before what you mentioned..happens

Also, wins/losses aside..imo its great this happened right now and the amount of guys out. We get to see 5 players get plenty of PT they normally wouldn't get. Malkin wont be playing a full season, so im hoping that means he doesnt get hurt right before the playoffs like the last two years. Affecting his play.

And this could also lead to us having more assets for the deadline. We can't keep everyone...and alot are RFAs next season. Any of ZAR/Simon/AJ/Blandisi(hed have to go on a hot streak tho) could be added to Bjugstad or whoever else for example for a better return.

And finally, if we suffer injuries at end of season heading into playoffs...we now have more guys with experience. Who all played together and were successful. So this was a great thing imo. "Since " we started 5-2. If not JR would have prob made 6 trades already lol

Reactions: Ugene Malkin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad