Bruins Classics GDT 8 PM NESN - 2011 ECF GAME 3 - BRUINS at Lightning - Series tied 1-1

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
MQFxnym.gif
MQFxnym.gif

upload_2020-4-8_21-39-29.png

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I just watched the highlights, and weirdly I have no recollection of this game. The Ference goal might've jogged something in my memory, but oddly enough it really wasn't memorable. But a good performance from the team and Timmy to get that shutout.

Other thoughts:
- Roloson was not very sharp. Both goals were pretty rough on him, he'd flopped before Krejci deked on the first one, and the second was an awful trickler.
- Even for 9 years ago, VS's graphics look low rent
- The Lightning uniforms are stuck in between the current blue ones and the original ones they won the cup in, and they just look weird to me. I forgot about that interval period they had there with their branding.
- Seguin stayed in after his performance in games 1 & 2 and was on the third line with Kelly and Ryder, which meant that Peverly got pushed to the 4th line. That dude was really versatile, because he's going to end up on the Krejci line for the last 4 games of the SCF. Never gets enough credit for being the swiss army knife that he was that year.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I just watched the highlights, and weirdly I have no recollection of this game. The Ference goal might've jogged something in my memory, but oddly enough it really wasn't memorable. But a good performance from the team and Timmy to get that shutout.

Other thoughts:
- Roloson was not very sharp. Both goals were pretty rough on him, he'd flopped before Krejci deked on the first one, and the second was an awful trickler.
- Even for 9 years ago, VS's graphics look low rent
- The Lightning uniforms are stuck in between the current blue ones and the original ones they won the cup in, and they just look weird to me. I forgot about that interval period they had there with their branding.
- Seguin stayed in after his performance in games 1 & 2 and was on the third line with Kelly and Ryder, which meant that Peverly got pushed to the 4th line. That dude was really versatile, because he's going to end up on the Krejci line for the last 4 games of the SCF. Never gets enough credit for being the swiss army knife that he was that year.

THIS was the game when we really knew this team was special They HAD to win a game in Tampa and they struck early.

The city was beginning to notice but most attention was on the end of Ophra's daily show and the Red Sox beginning to look like they were the greatest team ever ( and they were until Labor Day )

upload_2020-4-9_0-45-33.png

The Globe even sent Bob Ryan to Tampa

upload_2020-4-9_0-49-16.png

VERSUS was still a channel that many people did not know existed and production facilities still lagged but that changed on Jan 1, 2012 when it became NBCSN.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
I saw my first NHL game there, back in the 90s.
It's funny because my first game was there also and I'm pretty sure it was this game. I may have went to a game before this there but I definitely was at this game.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Watching replay. Shows you how much the game has changed even Less than 10 years. Now Bergeron(Tampa) probably gets 5 and a game for a headshot on the Krejci hit. Then there coach complains that there is even a minor for elbowing and the commentators going on and on about how Krejci needs to be aware the guy was going to blind side him.

also, I’m still amazed how this team won with that godawful power play. Lucky they were monsters at 5 on 5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad