Post-Game Talk: #8| New York Islanders @ Columbus Blue Jackets | October 19th | 7:00 PM | F/OTW 3-2

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Why is our schedule so messed up. Far too many days in between and I think there is even a back to back on a thurs and friday. That's just weird.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Waiting to see the "free Dobson" posts but feel he will eventually get plenty of playing time as the season goes on. Hoping Matty Marts is hungry tonight, predicting a goal for him and Wahlstroms first.

It feels like Wahlstrom is ready to score a few. Keep hitting and shooting kid

Reactions: dood

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I like Tom Kuhnackl also but he hasn't earned a first line upgrade.
And seeing MDC play top six minutes also questions what the heck is going on.
Agreed, but what are the options? The rookie, Clutterbuck, or Komarov?

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
I can't imagine this was the plan from the on start.
The plan was probably Panarin instead they got stuck with Lee. Islanders desperately need a top line winger. I think Lou knows this but getting one in a trade is hard. The best thing would be if they develop there own. Way to early to say if Wally can be that guy or not but the hope is that he is the guy.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Eberle to IR we called up Bardreau. I liked what I saw from Bardreau in preseason. Played really hard.

I know Eberle is a wing but I’m a tad surprised we didn’t call up Fritz. Maybe because he would have to go on waivers to be sent back down?

Reactions: Rengi

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
Eberle to IR we called up Bardeau. I liked what I saw from Bardeau in preseason. Played really hard.

I know Eberle is a wing but I’m a tad surprised we didn’t call up Fritz. Maybe because he would have to go on waivers to be sent back down?

Fritz is currently a -5 in Bridgeport and did not look good apparently over 4 games playing on 3rd line as RW, though it was with the rookies Simon Holmstrom centered by Mason Jobst...

Last edited:

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
Eberle to IR we called up Bardreau. I liked what I saw from Bardreau in preseason. Played really hard.

SI90, you were right about Fritz! It has been just due to personal reasons.

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
makes sense. I assumed they would want Fritz because he plays center and wing and has the NHL experience.

Ho-Sang could have really had a huge opportunity with the Eberle injury.

Ho-Sang f***ed up again along with his player agent, so no needed mercy there... ;-)

Reactions: BTrotts19 and SI90

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Why is our schedule so messed up. Far too many days in between and I think there is even a back to back on a thurs and friday. That's just weird.
It may be weird in the abstract, but typical for the NHL, which often does not get first choice for dates in multi-purpose arenas. For example, season is two weeks old and some teams have played nine games already, some have played 5.

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
Hope so too! I'm going try to find it out!
@SI90 Michael answered on Twitter:
-------------
Michael Fornabaio
@fornabaioctp
·
2 Min.
Non-baby related, to my knowledge
---------------

So not really a positive reason probably... which would suck for Tanner! Hope the best for him and his family. God bless!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad