Deslauriers-Poehling-Hathaway

York-Sanheim
Zamula-Walker
Andrae-Seeler

Ersson
Hart

Injuries:

Ristolainen (IR)
Ellis (And even as he who, from the deep emerged/with sorely troubled breath upon the shore,/turns round, and gazes at the dangerous water;)

DUCKS LINEUP

Zegras-Carlsson-Terry
Vatrano-McTavish-Strome
Jones-Henrique-Silfverberg
Johnston-Carrick-Leason

Fowler-Lacombe
Vaakanainen-Gudas
Mintyukov-Lyubushkin

Gibson
Dostal

Injuries:

Lundestrom (IR)
Drysdale (IR)
Killorn (IR)

GDT SONG

STATS

5v5 On-Ice, Rates, Score and Venue adjusted:
1698462995985.png

1698463015352.png

Goalies:
1698463048958.png

Last edited:

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Seems to me that "if" Tortorella actually had even an iota of interest in reinserting Frost into the lineup, using exactly his words, then today's game would be the precise time to do so. Against a shitty defensive team that doesn't play "heavy", this would be quite the "offensive opportunity" here for Frosty the Softy since he can only pad stats against bad teams.

Potentially handcuffing him by putting him into an early 1pm game after a couple weeks of "not being benched" (only scratched... wut?) could have been the perfect opportunity for Torts to continue to blow up the propaganda around Frost and play his potentially mediocre on-ice results right into his hand/reasoning. Come out flat/not on point with poor timing in a 1pm game (like most players do, let alone after being scratched for weeks) and he could spin his narrative to the beats and further push his bullshit agenda with dishonesty that the stupid-ass shit fans will gobble up and use to bow down even further to this f***ing douchebag.

All Hail Torts! The God Emperor. First of his name. Purveyor of grinders and low-skill/event hockey. The Father of rebuilding. The Destroyer of offense. The savior of Philadelphia hockey.

Hail Torts!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Anaheim isn't nearly as bad as I thought they'd be, they've missed the playoffs 5 straight seasons, clearing out a lot of bad contracts, but that has given them Zegras (#9), McTavish (#3), Mintyukov (#10), Carlsson (#2). Plus LaCombe (#39). Dostal (#85-2018) seems to be pushing Gibson for the starting goaltender job

They've beaten Carolina at home and Boston on the road.

However,
Strome (30) FA 2022
Vatrano (29) FA 2022
Terry (26) #158-2015
Henrique (33)
Silfverberg (33)
4th line: Johnston (29), Carrick (31), Leason (24) off waivers
Fowler (32), Gudas (33) FA 2023 on defense

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Should be a layup and their 3rd straight year starting 5-2-1.

Then reality will start to slowly set in.
It's not smoke and mirrors, #6 in xGF%.
But I'll still stick to my 80-85 point prediction for now.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Maybe Tortorella's horse can find him.
I legitimately had a dream last night where I was explaining to someone that I don't want the Sr. advisers to die, I'd be perfectly happy if they all stepped down and never touched this team again. In fact, I'd prefer they do this, it would mean they are instantly away from the Flyers.

But seeing as that will never happen, my only hope to see them away from this team is that they pass away; there is no other option.

It was a very strange dream.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Why would they change the lineup coming off such a great team effort & win, other than managing the goaltending?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Why would they change the lineup coming off such a great team effort & win, other than managing the goaltending?
Probably because it’s a “rebuild” and it’s not about wins and losses.

Nevermind the fact that the “can’t change the lineup after a win” line of thinking has been proven to be bullshit.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Probably because it’s a rebuild and it’s not about wins and losses.

Nevermind the fact that the “can’t change the lineup after a win” line of thinking has been proven to be bullshit.
They didn't change the lineup after the back to back losses against Dallas and Vegas, we can safely say it's not about "keeping a winning lineup together".

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014

Because a top 6 player has been rotting in the f***ing pressbox for 5, soon to be 6 games straight.

f***ing duh.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I legitimately had a dream last night where I was explaining to someone that I don't want the Sr. advisers to die, I'd be perfectly happy if they all stepped down and never touched this team again. In fact, I'd prefer they do this, it would mean they are instantly away from the Flyers.

But seeing as that will never happen, my only hope to see them away from this team is that they pass away; there is no other option.

The team is playing at a 100-point pace & you had a dream that their irrelevant senior advisors need to die & there is no other option?

Dark.

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

(With apologies to Simon and Garfunkel)

Last night I had the strangest dream
I'd ever dreamed before
Our player development processes
Weren't going to suck anymore
I dreamed there was an orange room
The room was filled with men
and the paper they were signing said
they wouldn't start Nic D again

And when the papers all were signed
and a million copies made