GDT: 8/31/20 - 7:00PM EDT - #3 Boston vs #2 Tampa Bay [ECSF Game 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
This series reminded me of 2018.

Bruins have absolute d*ck for depth and it showed.

Nice to see Cirelli wasn't the problem for that line. Must have felt amazing for him to have $9.5M in moneybags removed from his skates and to play with Palat and Point.

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
Islanders have great gritty bunch of guys its their top 6 defense I find questionable and I think we can figure ways out. We beat Varlamov before and greiss so not a god goalie or anything lol

AlmostThere242

Nov 16, 2014
Hedman is such a boss on the ice

Vasy is a brick wall

Chara is a dirty POS, that high stick was 100% intent to injure. He looked at Kuch and swung it at his face at 100mph. **** Chara.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Feels great to be moving on! Definitely felt the urgency to win tonight knowing Kuch might not play the rest of the series. Hope he recovers with the time off, and hope Stammer is back soon too. So fitting that Hedman got the series winning goal cause he is playing on another level right now. 4 goals is probably the Lightning dman record for a single series. If we are fortunate enough to get a closeout game in the ECF, I hope we respond better than our 2 OT closeout wins so far where we had to lean heavily on Vasy, and especially better than the closeout games in the 3 ECF's we've been in the previous 5 seasons.

Let's go Lightning!

Heddyzeppelin

Aug 24, 2020
Character and will define champions. I believe this year we have both in abundance. Let the good times roll.

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
4 Eastern Conference Finals in 6 years. HOLY ****. Our time is now. HUGE credit to JBB. Every single addition since last summer has played a pivotal role. Shatty, though a defensive train wreck at times, has moved the puck well - and, most importantly - he gets shots through from the blue line, which has always plagued our team. Pucks on net is critical in the playoffs and doomed us against Columbus last year, the Capitals, and Chicago. Shatty has been responsible for some key goals so far. Bogo not only has surpassed expectations, but he has been absolutely incredible out there. We have talked about it for weeks. Yet every game he continues to surprise me. Even when he gets beat, he doubles as Hedman and saves the play with his long reach. Schenn has added great depth. And finally, Coleman and Goodrow have formed the best third line in the playoffs. To be sure, we complained during the regular season that we grossly overpaid for their services - of course, their contracts next season played a huge part in the compensation. But they have been relentless on the forecheck and tremendous on the PK. They have been a joy to watch in playoff hockey.

We need the Hockey Gods to give us Kuch and Stammer back. And Cooper better be ready to handle NYI's trap.

I can go on and on about the other guys, too. Let's limit it to saying that Hedman is in 2015 playoffs form. Hopefully the beast can keep this up for a few more weeks.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad