Bruins Classics GDT 8:30 PM NESN - GAME 7 2011 ECF - Tampa Bay at BRUINS - THE PERFECT HOCKEY GAME!!!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-4-13_12-18-38.png

upload_2020-4-13_12-11-25.png

Tonight's Officials

Referees Dan O'Halloran (#13) & Stephen Walkom (#24)
Linesmen Steve Miller (#89) & Pierre Racicot (#65)

Supervisor Kay Whitmore & Terry Gregson

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt
tenor.gif

upload_2020-4-13_12-14-58.png

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20102011/[email protected]

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I was unable to get out of work for this one... Thankfully all flights departed before the game started and I brought my laptop to the airport to watch it.

As you said, the perfect hockey game. Even if the Bruins had lost, this game had it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alicat and Fenway

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
The best sporting event I have ever attended. The tension started high and tightened with every shift. When Horty scores I thought the roof was coming off.

I had total respect for that Tampa team and frankly have had a problem ever since working up a dislike for them. Stamkos took one to the face and came back with a full mask - that was when I knew something special was taking place.

And that wasn't even the Finals.....where the emotions went from maximum to an even higher level. And people wonder why sports plays such a central role in our society.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
You know what I'd completely forgotten about? How all those idiot Tampa fans throwing their clapper things at Bruins players after game 6, then them demanding that Horton got suspended for squirting water on them. Again, good thing the league had some sense for at least a couple weeks there.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The new owners of NBC (Comcast which owned Versus) were terrified over a Vancouver/Tampa final and Boston was preferable as they would at least bring in a regional audience. Turned out Chicago fans would watch the SCF over their hate of Vancouver.

This game is easily in my Top 5 of all time - It reminded me of a forgotten classic game from late 1968

upload_2020-4-13_13-37-30.png

But that game had numerous penalities
upload_2020-4-13_13-39-44.png

Even @BMC will stay up late for this one even though she faces a long commute tomorrow :)

Reactions: Alicat and BMC

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
You know what I'd completely forgotten about? How all those idiot Tampa fans throwing their clapper things at Bruins players after game 6, then them demanding that Horton got suspended for squirting water on them. Again, good thing the league had some sense for at least a couple weeks there.

After moaning about the Bruins bear signs which were hilarious.

Reactions: Alicat and Ladyfan

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I was there and it's my favorite non cup memory.

It was so surreal once we scored. Electric.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The new owners of NBC (Comcast which owned Versus) were terrified over a Vancouver/Tampa final and Boston was preferable as they would at least bring in a regional audience. Turned out Chicago fans would watch the SCF over their hate of Vancouver.

This game is easily in my Top 5 of all time - It reminded me of a forgotten classic game from late 1968

View attachment 341696

View attachment 341697

Even @BMC will stay up late for this one even though she faces a long commute tomorrow :)

I remember listening to that 0-0 tie on the radio.

Sounded like Cheevers and Tony O put on quite a show.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

View attachment 341696

View attachment 341697

Damn right I will. This is the best NHL game I have ever seen :)

Reactions: Fenway

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
I know it's not the same but for those not paying for a sports package at this time

You can click play about 8:40 and pretend

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My favorite bear ad during these playoffs was the one of the elusive bear (that is what I call that bear) walking on the streets near the Garden with a can of spray paint in one paw and a B's logo stencil in the other. He had been spray painting around the city from the stencil it said "Believe"

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad