GDT: 8/3/20 - 4:00PM EDT - Washington vs Tampa Bay [Round Robin Game 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Were the missed calls as bad as Espo made them seem?

We should have had at least the same amount of PPs they had.

Thought we played great for 35 minutes but the 2 quick goals against changed the dynamic of the game.
3rd period was ugly. Fair to go to OT at least and nice to get an extra point.

Coleman is a black hole offensively, reminds me a bit of Gourde when he is in one of his cold streaks

Letsgobolts21

Apr 19, 2019
It's still early in some ways for Coleman--but so far we are just not seeing the fast, gritty, under your skin player he was billed as. I'm sure it's not really true, but feels like anytime he shoots it's directly into the goalies stomach.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
We're lucky Vasy is incredible one on one. Shut down a few breakaways and it took Oshie to beat him in the shootout. For his career he's rocking a 0.853 in shootouts with a record of 14-4.

It always amuses me when skaters try to get him moving the wrong way with a deke like Kuznetsov did. He's just so hard to beat low with those legs.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Were the missed calls as bad as Espo made them seem?

Oh hell yeah dude. If you count the last 3 games vs the CBJ we've probably had to kill off 12 to 15 penalties and had maybe like 3 actual PP's with the rest being coincidental. It was legitimately to the point where the only calls we were gonna get against the Caps delay of game and too many men. Funny... We scored on a delayed penalty for the latter and never had a manpower advantage

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Boston's next. Just as Washington was a step up from Florida, I'd expect Boston to be a step up from Washington. Almost a guarantee that's going to be a physical and more intense game since there's no love between our teams.

IMO the caps are way better than Boston

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Look Coleman is not an offensive player. He scores dirty goals.

He played hard and was heavy on the forecheck. I don't get why people didn't like his game so much. Are your expectations too high?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It'll be interesting to see if Coleman can break through when things get dirtier. It felt like we did a great job getting to the net in the first 30ish minutes, but then started getting cutesie and skating around the perimeter. I'd like to see someone like Coleman remind us to just go hard to the net.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Look Coleman is not an offensive player. He scores dirty goals.

He played hard and was heavy on the forecheck. I don't get why people didn't like his game so much. Are your expectations too high?
The Stephens goal is the kind of goal we need to be looking for in the playoffs. For whatever reason this team seems to forget that each time. When Washington woke up in the second half of the game and clogged the middle a lot of momentum shifted to their side because we continued to try and “crack them” with cute plays.

That said I really liked our forecheck and puck pressure.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The Stephens goal is the kind of goal we need to be looking for in the playoffs. For whatever reason this team seems to forget that each time. When Washington woke up in the second half of the game and clogged the middle a lot of momentum shifted to their side because we continued to try and “crack them” with cute plays.

That said I really liked our forecheck and puck pressure.
One positive sign is the line that still got the off chance was the Point line, despite playing pretty cute.

It'll be interesting to see if Stamkos can make the 2nd line a threat. I thought johnson had a good game, but there's no chemistry there.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
One positive sign is the line that still got the off chance was the Point line, despite playing pretty cute.

It'll be interesting to see if Stamkos can make the 2nd line a threat. I thought johnson had a good game, but there's no chemistry there.

who is this Stamkos guy you talk about? I don’t think he’s on our team

Reactions: The Macho Man
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad