GDT: 8/11/14 - Carolina @ Washington: Why the internet was cooler 10 years ago edition.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Did no one watch Khudobin play last year? He was terrible at absorbing and covering pucks, but his stick was much quicker so he got away with it more.

Not only that, but our defense was a lot more active in clearing those chances out from in front of him. I think the adjustment to a style of a goaltender is an underrated thing about the relationship between defensemen and goalies. Cam is usually pretty good at controlling his rebounds if he actually stops the puck. I think it hurt Cam last year when defenders were giving up shots to Cam that Dobby would have stopped and now they're playing in front of Dobby like they play in front of Cam and it's not benefiting him. Interesting dynamic. But you're right in your observation that the rebound control issue isn't a new one for Dobby.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Carolina's not allowed to have two goaltenders that play well. That's all there is to it.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
My larose-colored glasses tell me it's nice to know this team can still fight back even when a lot of bounces go the wrong way.

Sure, it sucked to lose how we did but was there a reason to go to the shootout anyway?

bluedevil58*

Why are you guys upset? This team rallied from being 2 down in the 3rd while playing the back end of a back to back set against a team we hardly ever do well against. Last year's team would never be able to do that. It was blatantly obvious that the team was tired and losing its legs, This team got a point and had no business getting that point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad