GAME #8 - 10/19/2017

vs
NYI: 2-3-1___________NYR: 1-5-1

TIME | 7:00 PM ET
VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY
TV | MSG, MSG PLUS 2

ONLINE STREAMS: NOT ALLOWED | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYI@NYR 3/22/17 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - ISLANDERS.com
NY Post - NYDN - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

OCTOBER SCHEDULE:

octoberschedule.png

QUOTES TO NOTE:

Obviously I let the team down in overtime.
I should be able to make a read there and keep it on the boards instead of trying to go through them.
It was a costly mistake. A really, really bad hockey play by me.
- Ryan McDonagh

To sit here and not come up with the two points with the play we played down the stretch, it hurts.
It’s really frustrating, disappointing and hard to accept.
- Henrik Lundqvist

Right now, it's a little challenging as far as putting the whole game together for us.
But this group is very accountable and is working extremely hard.
And I am very confident that if we keep doing a lot of the things we're doing right now, we're going to be on the right track.
- Alain Vigneault

___________________________________​

TEAM STATS:

GP | 6 | GF | 15
W | 2 | GA | 18
L | 3 | GF/G | 2.50
OTL | 1 | GA/G | 2.83
Pts | 5 | PIM/G | 8:30
HOME | 1-0-1 | PP% | 0.0
AWAY | 1-3-0 | PK% | 80.0
L10 | 2-3-1 | FO% | 44.7
STREAK | L1 | S/O | 0-1

Division | 7th
Conference | 11th
League | 21st

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Cizikas, Nelson | 3
Assists | Joshua Ho-Sang | 4
Points | Casey Cizikas | 5
+ / - | Thomas Hickey | +4
Shots | Jordan Eberle | 19
Hits | Casey Cizikas | 22
Blocks | Boychuk, Hickey | 11
PIM | Johnny Boychuk | 7
FO% | John Tavares | 49.6
TOI/G F: | John Tavares | 21:07
TOI/G D: | Johnny Boychuk | 22:14

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
LEE | TAVARES (C) | EBERLE
LADD (A) | BARZAL | BAILEY
CHIMERA | NELSON | HO-SANG
KULEMIN | CIZIKAS | CLUTTERBUCK

LD | RD
LEDDY | BOYCHUK (A)
DE HAAN | PELECH
HICKEY | MAYFIELD

Scratched
PRINCE
QUINE
PULOCK

STARTING GOALIE:

goalietba.png

TBA
GPI: 0 | W: 0 | L: 0 | OT: 0 | PIM: 0
SV% .000 | GAA: 0.00 | SA: 0 | GA: 0 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

NONE

TEAM STATS:

GP | 7 | GF | 17
W | 1 | GA | 26
L | 5 | GF/G | 2.43
OTL | 1 | GA/G | 3.71
Pts | 3 | PIM/G | 9:08
HOME | 1-3-1 | PP% | 24.1
AWAY | 0-2-0 | PK% |74.1
L10 | 1-5-1 | FO% | 52.2
STREAK | OT1 | S/O | 0-0

Division | 8th
Conference | 16th
League | 29th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Mika Zibanejad | 5
Assists | Niller, Zucc | 5
Points | J.T. Miller | 7
+ / - | Desharnais, Miller | +2
Shots | Mika Zibanejad | 31
Hits | Chris Kreider | 21
Blocks | Brady Skjei | 13
PIM | Ryan McDonagh | 10
FO% | J.T. Miller | 64.5
TOI/G F: | Mats Zuccarello | 20:02
TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 23:29

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
NASH (A) | ZIBANEJAD | ZUCCARELLO (A)
KREIDER | DESHARNAIS | MILLER
VESEY | HAYES | FAST
BUCHNEVICH | CRACKNELL | GRABNER

LD | RD
MCDONAGH (C) | DEANGELO
STAAL (A) | SHATTENKIRK
SKJEI | SMITH

Scratched
HOLDEN
KAMPFER
CAREY

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik2.png

Henrik Lundqvist
GPI: 6 | W: 1 | L: 3 | OT: 1 | PIM: 0
SV% .902 | GAA: 3.23 | SA: 173 | GA: 17 | SO: 1

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

NONE

bannerboys6.png

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
A loss and you gotta pull the trigger on a coaching move. It's not all on AV but it's easier to change the coach than turnover the roster, obviously. Do it now or else you risk digging the hole too deep.

LGR and all that.

AV's hole is so deep he is in Wonderland now.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I think this is the straw that breaks the camel's back. I'm expecting a drubbing as this Isles team normally comes out flying against the Rangers. They will play a physical brand of hockey that the Rangers can't handle.

Reactions: Revel

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I think this is the straw that breaks the camel's back. I'm expecting a drubbing as this Isles team normally comes out flying against the Rangers. They will play a physical brand of hockey that the Rangers can't handle.

Agree. If we lose...back broken. If we win, there's a glimmer of hope for a turnaround.

Please win so I don't have to shell out $150 to watch Hartford for Professional Level hockey entertainment.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
I know its interview jargon, but McD takes it right on the chin and blames nobody else for his horrible mistake. Saying all the right things

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I know its interview jargon, but McD takes it right on the chin and blames nobody else for his horrible mistake. Saying all the right things

He's always been that way. He either says "we", or "I"....never "they". Never shifts the blame; unlike our netminder...who's been known to deflect here & there.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
And I am very confident that if we keep doing a lot of the things we're doing right now, we're going to be on the right track.
- Alain Vigneault

Yes, the track to unemployment for you Mr. Dingleton!

Reactions: Loff

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The main problem I see with firing AV is they'll probably choose between Ruff and Arniel both of whom have previous NHL coaching experience. If that turns out to be the scenario whoever doesn't get the job might not be very happy and that could lead to issues all season long. So IMO an in-house coaching change won't necessarily stabilize the situation. So a question for me is how much of the staff do you try to keep?--keeping in mind that some of them might not want to stay if AV is fired.

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
It's not coaching. It's he fact that we don't have any players the scare other teams when we play them. This team has no offensive weapons and is clearly overrated when it comes to the defenseman.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I don't mind ADA being paired with McD as I'm sure the thought process is that he learn from McD, use his offensive abilities while McD continues to cover for his partner. Thing is, it might be the other way around. I know, I'm ragging on McD. Sorry.
Just cannot see WHY Staal and Shatty are 2nd pairing over Smith and Skeji. IMO, the latter S&S boys are much better than the former S&S boys and should get the tougher matchups and more minutes. I know Marc has played admirably, but Shatty shouldn't be on the ice when the chips are down and need to defend. Can you lend me a HAND here? No, not you Shatty.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
9h and WHY is Buch on the 4th line? Are you serious AV? Enough with the balancing of lines. Play your best players and ones that are playing well.......make the bottom 6 raise their level of play to earn top 6 minutes. Yeah, I know......DD, Grabs and Fast have been good.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I don't mind ADA being paired with McD as I'm sure the thought process is that he learn from McD, use his offensive abilities while McD continues to cover for his partner. Thing is, it might be the other way around. I know, I'm ragging on McD. Sorry.
Just cannot see WHY Staal and Shatty are 2nd pairing over Smith and Skeji. IMO, the latter S&S boys are much better than the former S&S boys and should get the tougher matchups and more minutes. I know Marc has played admirably, but Shatty shouldn't be on the ice when the chips are down and need to defend. Can you lend me a HAND here? No, not you Shatty.

I will say one thing about the Deangelo mcdonagh pair. They have dominated puck possession wise.. if mcdonagh clears up the mistakes(that all seem to end up in our net right now) they could stick as a solid 1st pair

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
i have confidence that the team we've been seeing is not the team we'll be seeing in the coming months, play wise.

let's go boys. time to stop letting yourselves down.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
To be honest, the worse the team plays, the easier the board is to read and moderate.

Really? Who would of thought that the Rangers being a hot mess would create HF forum unity. Anyway, Looks like I picked the wrong season to get back my season ticket package. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad