Post-Game Talk: 7albot and the Oilers find new ways to embarrass us. 7-5 Florida.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
McD is mature beyond his years. Kudos to him. I don't know how its even possible to have that composure, not reveal the frustration and give that professional an answer. That wasn't mundane it was exceptional. This kid is remarkable, but so many times you go wow, has this kid ever got it together in every way. I could see why people want to be around him. Stability just exudes from this guy.

I meant mundane as in he gave the politically correct answer, and that it wasn't anything noteworthy in regards to the poster who wanted someone to lash out at the refs.

Meanwhile I'm raging at some doofus who can't stay in his lane while turning or use a turn signal. You're right - it's unreal levels of composure.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You gotta account for inflation ;)
Also...Lucic wasn't even the worst 6m contract signed that day. Loui Eriksson was and he isn't half the player Lucic is.

But I like hyperbole now and again. Its part of how I vent. heh.

Tampa has a bad contract with Callahan, another WTF contract there but they have the rest of the club to be cheerful about.

This is kind of out there but who still thinks Khaira will score 20 goals/ lol that it was a discussion around Xmas. We got so many pretend talents on this club that are almost incapable of producing but get something right once every 10 games. I can't remember when Khaira last even got a scoring chance. On this team its like we have a bunch of players in suspended animation. Its like they take shifts saying who's going to be on tonight, who's going to disappear etc.

We got half a dozen zombies out there every night. Theres some real photoshop opportunities for a GDT.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I meant mundane as in he gave the politically correct answer, and that it wasn't anything noteworthy in regards to the poster who wanted someone to lash out at the refs.

Meanwhile I'm raging at some doofus who can't stay in his lane while turning or use a turn signal. You're right - it's unreal levels of composure.

It would be amazing to go through life with Connor cool. So focused and so little distracts him from his goals. I mean I almost get upset at commercials on TV or if the damn garage door isn't opening smooth as it should... For most of we get annoyed at first world problems and Connor has all this nonstop pressure and he walks on water. Its uncanny.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You'll love Vegas. Seriously. Great atmosphere. It was a lot of fun.

just don't gamble, don't even start, it won't be fun then..

I don't gamble but oh the horror stories I've heard. Knew somebody once that lost everything and their plane tickets back home because they sold them to get money for more chips... Not that the guy was normal at the best of times but Vegas can do some strange stuff to the gambling impulse. People that think they are gambling casual get more pumped up about big rolling in Vegas. I wouldn't even buy one chip unless it was to get a complimentary buffet if they still have those..

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

I don't gamble but oh the horror stories I've heard. Knew somebody once that lost everything and their plane tickets back home because they sold them to get money for more chips... Not that the guy was normal at the best of times but Vegas can do some strange stuff to the gambling impulse. People that think they are gambling casual get more pumped up about big rolling in Vegas. I wouldn't even buy one chip unless it was to get a complimentary buffet if they still have those..
There's actually no machines in the arena but since it's on the strip, yeah.....

I was very tempted to gamble while I was there (and stuck in the Vegas airport for half a day) but I resisted.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Vegas is Disney World for adults. Anything you want to do, you can do it there. Gambling is part of it, but there is so so much more to do.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

When I go I usually grab a coffee in the morning, throw a $5 in a low cost slot machine and just let it roll till I am done my coffee and cash out.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB

Meh, it's like anything else, depends if you have a addictive personality. I have heard of all sorts of horror stories around drinking, yet most can drink responsibly. As others mentioned just set a limit, a certain amount of money you are willing to lose, when it is gone just walk away. I don't gamble, but did a bit when I was there. Part of the experience, just know if you have the will power to walk away. Ir you don't, then don't start.

TheBrew

Mar 9, 2003
Meh, it's like anything else, depends if you have a addictive personality. I have heard of all sorts of horror stories around drinking, yet most can drink responsibly. As others mentioned just set a limit, a certain amount of money you are willing to lose, when it is gone just walk away. I don't gamble, but did a bit when I was there. Part of the experience, just know if you have the will power to walk away. Ir you don't, then don't start.
I wouldn’t trust the will power of HfOil posters. Look at us, 10 years of crap and we’re still here.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
If someone sits behind McLellan and yells out things like “put out Letestu this PP!” Or “put Klefbom out for this PK!” Would Todd not listen or would he think he found a genius in the stands?

Reactions: Porkleaker

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
I'm embarrassed that anyone would ever consider suggesting Oiler fans are part of the problem, we're the only thing keeping this pathetic franchise going. It's a total joke and shows how completely out of touch the majority of this organisation is. You want pressure? Try playing for Real Madrid and losing to Barcelona at home, you'll feel the heat. Regular season NHL games are like beer league friendlies in comparison. Although no respectable football club would keep around a coaching staff with statistics like ours.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I'm embarrassed that anyone would ever consider suggesting Oiler fans are part of the problem, we're the only thing keeping this pathetic franchise going. It's a total joke and shows how completely out of touch the majority of this organisation is. You want pressure? Try playing for Real Madrid and losing to Barcelona at home, you'll feel the heat. Regular season NHL games are like beer league friendlies in comparison. Although no respectable football club would keep around a coaching staff with statistics like ours.
Wish I can like this post, but since HF got me restricted I cant press like.

52 % PK on home ice. Since the advent of special teams stats, this has never been achieved. Were not barely breaking the record. We are smashing the record. Obliterating it. It will never happen again. This is the 50 goals in 39 games type of record. Rogers Place, welcome to the NHL.

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
But I like hyperbole now and again. Its part of how I vent. heh.

Tampa has a bad contract with Callahan, another WTF contract there but they have the rest of the club to be cheerful about.

This is kind of out there but who still thinks Khaira will score 20 goals/ lol that it was a discussion around Xmas. We got so many pretend talents on this club that are almost incapable of producing but get something right once every 10 games. I can't remember when Khaira last even got a scoring chance. On this team its like we have a bunch of players in suspended animation. Its like they take shifts saying who's going to be on tonight, who's going to disappear etc.

We got half a dozen zombies out there every night. Theres some real photoshop opportunities for a GDT.
Cause I was curious...worse 6 millish contracts currently signed

Tomas Plekanec woof...

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
As much as I hate "game management" reffed games, when it's clear they're calling penalties to make them near even by the end of the game - calling them completely lopsided and unfairly is equally, or more, frustrating.

You can't tell me if Maroon/Kass/anyone on the Oilers (aside from McD probably) made that same play on Trocheck - cross check in the back, and two slashes on a star player protecting the puck, that an arm wouldn't have gone up instantly.

I've also not heard any explanation about why the puck over the glass wasn't a Delay of Game penalty (haven't watched the post game press conference yet - hopefully Todd says somthing).

It's just an absurd state of affairs. I still remember last week, it was either a Oilers or Wings game, the ref said at center ice "The situation room in Toronto has requested a coaches challenge"....... just a gong show of ineptitude.
You’ve forgotten about the too many men penalty when the Panthers had seven plus the goalie on the ice. Those too many men and puck over the glass penalties are supposed to be idiot proof and they even refused to call those.

There are plenty of reasons to question the competence and or the integrity of the officials in that game. Sadly that hasn’t been the only game like that this year. I keep saying it but this crop of officials is the worst collection I’ve ever seen since I started watching the league in the seventies. There has always been a couple in any era that weren’t very good and you cringed when you saw they were doing your teams game. Today it’s the majority, it’s harder to find good ones.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
McD is mature beyond his years. Kudos to him. I don't know how its even possible to have that composure, not reveal the frustration and give that professional an answer. That wasn't mundane it was exceptional. This kid is remarkable, but so many times you go wow, has this kid ever got it together in every way. I could see why people want to be around him. Stability just exudes from this guy.

He realizes that calling out the refs, would do no good, and possibly make the situation worse..
His temperament is world class, you know inside he knows its bull****, but he still keeps his composure.
When he did the now famous review this gesture, that showed he is totally frustrated.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible

It's not always bad. I started off ages ago and went on a ridiculous run on one site and won about 4000 euro from free chips they gave me lol, then deposited $50 on another and placed really high in 3 consecutive tournaments. Poker of course, but I bet both Todd and Chia are terrible at that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad