GDT: 79|Penguins @ Flyers|04/05/2015|12:30 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
flyers_zpsckxvn47f.jpg~original

What HFPens feel about this team right now...

... well at least Mad Men is back. Happy Easter Sunday!

Last edited:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We're going to win this one. Malkin is going to have a huge game.

Quote me later.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Lose this and Jesus Christ.

I hope Ottawa and Boston win tonight just to know what the reaction would be from the Pens.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Pancakes, I'll hold off quoting you until it happens. Just a pair of tweets until then:

https://twitter.com/JoshYohe_Trib/status/584476987475042304

Malkin was in the locker room offering support to his dejected teammates after the game. He'll play tomorrow. And will be counted on heavily

https://twitter.com/EricBowser/status/584477213485051904

Malkin wants the pressure, the need for him to be the man... well guess what man, he's got it. This team needs him in the worst way.

This reminds me of right after the Columbus game. Except Geno is coming off injury, not necessarily 100%. He's going to have Kunitz and Comeau and the coaches stacking the deck against him at ES and on the PP. And, it's not a home game against St Louis. It's a game at Philly and the zoo like atmosphere that entails.

There are games that, for better or worse, are part of how a player's career are defined. Not quite as pivotal in the scheme of things, but in terms of how people are going to define his career, methinks this one is just a notch below game 3, Caps, 2009 playoffs.

Put on an epic performance-- not just points but in terms of leading on the ice-- and IMO how the media looks at him goes to a new level. Lay an egg or even play well but nobody follows . . .

Fordy

May 28, 2008
i worry about geno playing. could be amazing. could end the season five minutes in

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Have the Pens played a single afternoon game this season that hasn't been a frustrating, annoying performance to watch?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Great GDT flaneur.

We're going to rush back an injured Geno. Hurray!

:facepalm:

Yep. Against Philly--the one team in the league I'd expect to already be taking runs at him is going to double their efforts now.

So, for those of you keeping track at home... We have a 12:30pm game, the second of a back-to-back weekend, against the Flyers, in Philly, an injury-worn Geno (if he plays), playing some of the worst hockey we've played in a decade, against a team with nothing to lose, who is going to treat the game like their game 7 of the Cup Finals. Should be good. :laugh:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
it better be or i'll just cry. i'll just do it

Stop by Walgreen's and get yourself a box of tissues, cuz everyone knows it's gonna be Bennett. :laugh:

We'd miss Adams' invaluable toughness and defensive acumen far too much to sit him in such an important game.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Yep. Against Philly--the one team in the league I'd expect to already be taking runs at him is going to double their efforts now.

So, for those of you keeping track at home... We have a 12:30pm game, the second of a back-to-back weekend, against the Flyers, in Philly, an injury-worn Geno (if he plays), playing some of the worst hockey we've played in a decade, against a team with nothing to lose, who is going to treat the game like their game 7 of the Cup Finals. Should be good. :laugh:

Any of these factors on their own are a problem. The cumulative effect…

giphy.gif

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
We are witnessing one of the most epic choke jobs ever. Going to get crushed in this game as usual, then again by Ottawa Tuesday. Pens don't deserve it anyway.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Have the Pens played a single afternoon game this season that hasn't been a frustrating, annoying performance to watch?

Yeah. The STL game after that February loss to Columbus, when Geno told the team to relax and then put his game where his mouth was.

Sid was great. Geno was awesome. Flower was awesome. There was a PP with actual movement. The guys sort of followed. And the Pens got under STL's skin so much that Tarasenko got a little unhinged.

EDIT: Of course, that's back when we had more toughness but worse players on defense.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Are we even sure Johnston is better than Bylsma was at this point? We're going to score something like 20-30 less goals this season than we did last year and our goals against will be roughly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad