NYR: 43-26-9______________CBJ: 31-39-8

TIME | 7:00 PM ET VENUE | NATIONWIDE ARENA - COLUMBUS, OH TV | MSG, FS-O

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: NOT ALLOWED | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; CBJ@NYR 2/29/16 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - BLUEJACKETS.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

APRIL SCHEDULE:

aprilschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

I have to take a lot of blame for the first three goals.
I wasn’t executing nearly the way I needed to help give this team a good chance.
I am very disappointed with myself. I have got to stay focused to try and accomplish what we are trying to do here.
- Ryan McDonagh

I misunderstood the first one. I kind of pushed it out to Kleiner and he thought I was going to freeze it. I need to play it safe there.
On the second goal, Eichel made a good move. He made me go to the right and he passed to the left and then it was a wide open net.
On the third one, I didn’t puck up the shot through the screen and that’s why it was a tough rebound there.
- Henrik Lundqvist

The results were definitely not what we are looking for. As far as our readiness, I knew the guys were ready.
I knew they wanted to go out and execute and perform well. We spent a lot of time in their end, didn’t get enough good looks.
It wasn’t by a lack of state of readiness and wanting to do the right things and play the right way on the ice.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 78 | GF | 203
W | 31 | GA | 242
L | 39 | GF/G | 2.53
OTL | 8 | GA/G | 3.05
Pts | 70 | PIM/G | 12:19
HOME | 17-16-6 | PP% | 17.2
AWAY | 14-23-2 | PK% | 80.9
L10 | 3-7-0 | FO% | 48.9
STREAK | W1 | S/O | 6-4

Division | 8th
Conference | 14th
League | 28th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Boone Jenner | 30 Assists | Brandon Dubinsky | 30 Points | Cam Atkinson | 50 + / - | Kevin Connauton | +10 Shots | Brandon Saad | 224 Hits | Brandon Dubinsky | 221 Blocks | Ryan Murray | 163 PIM | Scott Hartnell | 112 FO% | Boone Jenner | 52.5 TOI/G F: | Brandon Dubinsky | 18:50 TOI/G D: | Seth Jones | 24:36

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
boone JENNER (A) | brandon DUBINSKY (A) | cam ATKINSON
sonny MILANO | alex WENNBERG | brandon SAAD
matt CALVERT | william KARLSSON | oliver BJORKSTRAND
nick FOLIGNO (C) | gregory CAMPBELL | jared BOLL

LD | RD
ryan MURRAY | seth JONES
cody GOLOUBEF | david SAVARD
dean KUKAN | dalton PROUT

Scratched
scott HARTNELL |
rene BOURQUE |

STARTING GOALIE:

Korpisalo-Joonas.png

Joonas Korpisalo

GPI: 29 | W: 15 | L: 10 | OT: 4 | PIM: 2
SV% .918 | GAA: 2.64 | SA: 905 | GA: 74 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Fedor Tyutin | Undisclosed (DTD)
David Clarkson | Undisclosed (DTD)
Jack Johnson | Upper body (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 78 | GF | 225
W | 43 | GA | 207
L | 26 | GF/G | 2.85
OTL | 9 | GA/G | 2.63
Pts | 95 | PIM/G | 08:22
HOME | 25-9-4 | PP% | 19.2
AWAY | 18-17-5 | PK% | 77.9
L10 | 4-4-2 | FO% | 49.2
STREAK | L2 | S/O | 3-2

Division | 3rd
Conference | 5th
League | 10th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Derick Brassard | 27 Assists | Keith Yandle | 40 Points | Brassard, Zuccarello | 58 + / - | Ryan McDonagh | +25 Shots | Derek Stepan | 184 Hits | Tanner Glass | 217 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 189 PIM | Dylan McIlrath | 60 FO% | Dominic Moore | 55.7 TOI/G F: | Mats Zuccarello | 18:29 TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 22:33

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
j.t. MILLER | derick BRASSARD | rick NASH
chris KREIDER | derek STEPAN (A) | mats ZUCCARELLO
eric STAAL | kevin HAYES | jesper FAST
tanner GLASS | dominic MOORE | viktor STALBERG

LD | RD
ryan MCDONAGH (C) | kevin KLEIN
keith YANDLE | dan GIRARDI (A)
marc STAAL (A) | dan BOYLE

Scratched
dylan MCILRATH |
oscar LINDBERG |

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik2.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 62 | W: 33 | L: 20 | OT: 7 | PIM: 2
SV% .920 | GAA: 2.48 | SA: 1858 | GA: 149 | SO: 4

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

|

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboys4a.png

Last edited:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Id love to see McIlrath and Lindberg get in but I guess it's better to trot out the same lineup and hope for different results this time.

"It's the right thing to do"

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Honestly, I'm not sure that it matters anymore anyway.

yep. we look like the pens did last year at this same point in the season. They needed Buffalo to lose a game just to get in and they nearly won that game which would have ousted the pens.

Rangers are on the exact same trajectory. There's no chance they get out of the 1st round at this point. I'm OK with them missing out altogther

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
yep. we look like the pens did last year at this same point in the season. They needed Buffalo to lose a game just to get in and they nearly won that game which would have ousted the pens.

Rangers are on the exact same trajectory. There's no chance they get out of the 1st round at this point. I'm OK with them missing out altogther
You're okay with them not making the playoffs? Wtf

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
I'm more excited for the fact that this abomination of a season is nearly over than potentially making the POs.

Do something. Or don't, who cares at this point. Either way, they'll probably just give up the GWG with <5m left in the 3rd in 2015-16 Rangers fashion. Who's got the longest goal drought on CBJ?

*Bob Richards*

Lirl. They lose this game and suddenly the season gets infinitely more interesting.

BarbaraAlphanse

Think including Dubinsky in the package for Nash set this team back a lot further than letting Stralman walk.

LGR

Meh, at the time Dubi had come off a year where he underperformed on a new contract he received.

It was a no brainer trade. I was PINING for the FO to trade for Nash. A hard nosed player with incredible skill that was still in his prime but his production was taking a toll (I believed) because the team he was on was bad.

A change of scenery would get him right back to where he should be. And in part, I was right. Nash had an incredible season last year. Think about where he would have finished if he didn't slump the final 2 months of the season. Probably up there with Ovi and Benn in terms of points.

Would you have given Dubi up for that without knowing the future? Hell yes.

No one could have predicted that Nash would turn into a pumpkin come playoffs time. But it was a total must once the trade became a possibility.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
If they don't win this game I can honestly see them not winning another game this season.

Just imagine the headlines, the Rangers pull a reverse Habs by losing their last 7 games in a row and missing the playoffs by a point.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Meh, at the time Dubi had come off a year where he underperformed on a new contract he received.

It was a no brainer trade. I was PINING for the FO to trade for Nash. A hard nosed player with incredible skill that was still in his prime but his production was taking a toll (I believed) because the team he was on was bad.

A change of scenery would get him right back to where he should be. And in part, I was right. Nash had an incredible season last year. Think about where he would have finished if he didn't slump the final 2 months of the season. Probably up there with Ovi and Benn in terms of points.

Would you have given Dubi up for that without knowing the future? Hell yes.

No one could have predicted that Nash would turn into a pumpkin come playoffs time. But it was a total must once the trade became a possibility.

Have more beef with the fact that the team seemingly chose Callahan over Dubi... Love me some Dubi.

BB58

Dec 26, 2010
Cave
If they don't win this game I can honestly see them not winning another game this season.

Just imagine the headlines, the Rangers pull a reverse Habs by losing their last 7 games in a row and missing the playoffs by a point.

or barely make it and get swept in 1st round -- 2009 Senators style.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I know a lot of fans on here are not big larry brooks fans but his article on AV making huge mistake by not playing mcilrath may sway some of your opinions on brooks. His article today just flat out comes at AV for not giving the kid a chance. He's running his older defenseman into the ground. They will have nothing left for the playoffs. Not like they had much anyway but mcilrath needs to play these last 4 games !

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
At the time I really hoped it would have been Callahan instead of Dubinsky

In hindsight, this would've been the correct move, but Dubi had a really down year the season prior to the trade, and there were a lot of rumors of off-ice issues floating around his name.

Captain Dubi does kinda have a ring to it though.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
In hindsight, this would've been the correct move, but Dubi had a really down year the season prior to the trade, and there were a lot of rumors of off-ice issues floating around his name.

Captain Dubi does kinda have a ring to it though.

Remember his meltdown vs. Ottawa in the play offs, when he tipped that Gatorade bucket? That was awesome! But a lot of fans said it was inappropriate and childish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad