Post-Game Talk: #78 | FLYERS at Canadiens | Thursday, Apr. 21, 2022 | 7:00 pm ET | TSN2, RDS, NBCSP

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Metallica saw into the future with their "The Thing That Should Not Be" from the mid-80s.
Nah......Yardbirds "Shape of Things".....besides Jeff Beck with the wah-wah pedal and fuzz box mid-60s

Also the Yardbirds with Jimmy Page has a pretty good version of it. Jimmy wanted to form the Yardbirds II with the drummer and bass player in late 1968 but they said nah......got Bonham and Jones instead and the rest is Led Zeppelin history. Though there is a Yardbirds version of Dazed and Confusion that was finally released in the 80s

It is a shame that there are not many Yardbirds recordings when both Jeff and Jimmy were with the band.

Eric Clapton disowns the Yardbirds.

The Rolling Stones wanted Jeff Beck, but he said no.....luckily the RS got Mick Taylor. Mick Taylor was far the best guitarist the RS ever had. The 1971 Philly concert was absolutely on fire.

In 2022 September, the Yardbirds are coming to Philly, no Jeff or Jimmy

BTW I think Hogberg was better than Attard and Yandle. And was at least on par with Zamula. Linus does not get rattled too much.....

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I apologize if this has been brought up, but why are we playing Jones and not Sandstrom?

I doubt there will be any public statement from coaches as to why Jones is playing the bulk of the games other than the obvious: he is next in line. But something to consider is Sandstrom was recalled on "emergency conditions" with Hart being sidelined. The NHL may have its own unwritten rule to determine whether a team is circumventing that recall with a healthy goalie otherwise available in Jones.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Nah......Yardbirds "Shape of Things".....besides Jeff Beck with the wah-wah pedal and fuzz box mid-60s

Also the Yardbirds with Jimmy Page has a pretty good version of it. Jimmy wanted to form the Yardbirds II with the drummer and bass player in late 1968 but they said nah......got Bonham and Jones instead and the rest is Led Zeppelin history. Though there is a Yardbirds version of Dazed and Confusion that was finally released in the 80s

It is a shame that there are not many Yardbirds recordings when both Jeff and Jimmy were with the band.

Eric Clapton disowns the Yardbirds.

The Rolling Stones wanted Jeff Beck, but he said no.....luckily the RS got Mick Taylor. Mick Taylor was far the best guitarist the RS ever had. The 1971 Philly concert was absolutely on fire.

In 2022 September, the Yardbirds are coming to Philly, no Jeff or Jimmy

BTW I think Hogberg was better than Attard and Yandle. And was at least on par with Zamula. Linus does not get rattled too much.....

Then we can simplify matters with "What Is and What Should Never Be."

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The bright side of this home stretch is a lot of young players flashing skill.

Attard may need some development, but that was a beauty of a pass to TK, and we know he can shoot, and he skates pretty well for a big man - the more he plays, the better he looks - if the Flyers write off next season they might choose to live with his growing pains.

Cates has a top nine spot locked up.

Tippett keeps showing why he wasn't a bad consulation prize, size, speed, some nifty moves, a lot of energy, a good wrist shot - something a good HC can work with.

Brink, well, would you trade Brink for Caufield straight up? Caufield is more dynamic as a skater and will probably score more goals, but Brink is stouter, has a higher IQ, better vision and better in traffic.

Hogberg looked solid, I'm not sure Zamula has the edge on him, neither is ready for the top 4, but both could be paired with Attard, either in Philly or LHV to start the season.

This team has a nice group of young players and another wave arriving in a year or two: Foerster, Wisdom, Desnoyers, Andrae, Lycksell, Fedotov. If they stop with the stupid "aggressive reload" and develop a credible 3 year plan they can turn this franchise around.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
So do this front office look at this game and think were close? We need to tweek the locker room and can be competitive next year?! I bet on it!

Jones will be resigned. Zac will be resigned. JVR traded with a draft pick for another overated Veteran like Atki

The last game they love was the Washington game. After that they signed Fisto to a all time bad contract. Stay tuned for the next bad signing.

I hate this franchise!!

Reactions: Coalregion12

wasup

Mar 21, 2018

Attard may need some development, but that was a beauty of a pass to TK, and we know he can shoot, and he skates pretty well for a big man - the more he plays, the better he looks - if the Flyers write off next season they might choose to live with his growing pains.

Tippett keeps showing why he wasn't a bad consulation prize, size, speed, some nifty moves, a lot of energy, a good wrist shot - something a good HC can work with.

Brink, well, would you trade Brink for Caufield straight up? Caufield is more dynamic as a skater and will probably score more goals, but Brink is stouter, has a higher IQ, better vision and better in traffic.

Hogberg looked solid, I'm not sure Zamula has the edge on him, neither is ready for the top 4, but both could be paired with Attard, either in Philly or LHV to start the season.

This team has a nice group of young players and another wave arriving in a year or two: Foerster, Wisdom, Desnoyers, Andrae, Lycksell, Fedotov. If they stop with the stupid "aggressive reload" and develop a credible 3 year plan they can turn this franchise around.
Grading our prospects or regular players when we are playing bottom feeding teams like Montreal , Buffalo etc is completely pointless .

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Grading our prospects or regular players when we are playing bottom feeding teams like Montreal , Buffalo etc is completely pointless .

You can see basic skill packages, even against bottom feeders.
And Cates has played well against everyone.

The real key is finding a HC who can patiently develop these kids, who won't get frustrated when they have a bad stretch and call for the veteran scrubs - which is why it's important for the FO to embrace rebuilding so a new HC doesn't feel win now pressure and can focus on team building.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Mmmmm small sample size judgements

Never assume any youth has any spot locked up, especially in the bottom six where Fletcher can find an old shitpile to put in his place

They are already preparing an offer for Nate Thompson. Mike Keane is available, as is Davey Poulin. Clarke still regrets trading Poulin back in the day, so I hear he is coming back along with Ken Linesman.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Because …we can’t have nice things.
With this draft it's like do you want Heisher or Patrick or do you want Makar , Heisk . There is no real big spread on the top in my opinion , just make the right choice .

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020

They need to live with growing pains. There's no way you can retool this dog shit franchise, not even Stevie Y could turn this around in 1 year

HAL 1000

Apr 9, 2022
They need to live with growing pains. There's no way you can retool this dog shit franchise, not even Stevie Y could turn this around in 1 year
If we finish next year 88 points or better, then I might believe that there’s a chance this mess turns round in two seasons. Big if.

And I’m not buying into what their selling until sometime after the 50 game mark.

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
If we finish next year 88 points or better, then I might believe that there’s a chance this mess turns round in two seasons. Big if.

And I’m not buying into what their selling until sometime after the 50 game mark.
If they make the playoffs or have 88 points and are close, it doesnt matter. They only will make this with a too long to high contract for Johnny Hockey. And they will trade youth for veterans with also too long contracts like atki. So it will be one solid season for suffering the next 5 years! They could go 2 rounds next year. I dont care when the price is to pay Johnny 10 for 6. Trade Sanheim, Konecny and draft picks for getting 2 veterans 32 olds with 5 years on their Deals! And trade JVR with another pick for cap space! I dont trust anyone in this franchise and i dont care for next season. I want a plan for 5 years. I want nothing more than professional team building! We are operating like we are the Lakers without being the Lakers! Its so f***ing stupid!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad