GDT: [#78] Dallas Stars at Edmonton Oilers, 8:00 PM CST (FS-SW+, SNW)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It's likely Bow that gets called up but wouldn't it make more sense to call up Desrosrier or Point ? The backup won't play anyway and might as well don't take away Texas starter but who knows with both Dowling and L'Esperance up Texas is clearly and rightfully secondary.

Then again Bow is from Edmonton so thats nice for him i guess.

Last edited:

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
So what is the deal with Bishop? He might need a new conditioning stint in the off season this year or try something different to see if he can stay somewhat healthy.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
It's likely Bow that gets called up but wouldn't it make more sense to call up Desrosrier or Point ? The backup won't play anyway and might as well keep don't take away Texas starter but who knows with both Dowling and L'Esperance up Texas is clearly and rightfully secondary.

Then again Bow is from Edmonton so thats nice for him i guess.
I agree . Texas is in even more of a battle for a playoff spot and bow should stay down and help them win . We basically need someone to come sit on the bench , might as well make it Desrosiers .

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I agree . Texas is in even more of a battle for a playoff spot and bow should stay down and help them win . We basically need someone to come sit on the bench , might as well make it Desrosiers .

Its fine, Oettinger will carry them into the playoffs :naughty:

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I've seen some really solid games from Desrosier in Cedar Park, not too worried about him. Oettinger should be getting some games too, will be good to see how he does. Most of the remaining schedule is home games, and we do all we can to give them home ice advantage from section 118 :thumbu:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I thought Spezza was good enough to stay in with how he helped the 2nd PP unit ( also took a bad penalty ) but whatever . Its a back to back and he's the oldest player on the roster . So him not playing in back to backs after looking bad for weeks makes some sense.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I thought Spezza was good enough to stay in with how he helped the 2nd PP unit ( also took a bad penalty ) but whatever . Its a back to back and he's the oldest player on the roster . So him not playing in back to backs after looking bad for weeks makes some sense.
We need Ritchies physicality for this Oilers team!!!!!

Reactions: Elysian

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Can’t wait to see what type of penalty Ritchie is going to take. My guess is tripping when a someone blows him.

Confused_Christian_Bale.0.gif

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
The legendary Rieder vs Nichushkin matchup tonight (assuming Rieder is in the lineup?)

Goals for both?

Last edited:

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
^Bobby Nicholson and his idiocy really shone through with that comment. It was the talk of the town up here for a few days.

Just beat the Oilers tonight. I can't stand them in the least.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Wait you're telling me if he scored 12 goals they'd be in a playoff spot right now with all of their problems solved? Jeez. Rieder is killing them..wow

That's... almost word for word what one of the Oilers' higher-ups said.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Wait you're telling me if he scored 12 goals they'd be in a playoff spot right now with all of their problems solved? Jeez. Rieder is killing them..wow
yeah well if Nichushkin scored 12 goals we'd be winning a division right now

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Rieder would honestly be a perfect fit for our current depth. Major lack of offense despite previous strong production, but good enough elsewhere to warrant staying in the line-up.

Let's give up a 1st for him right now.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Go Stars! Not that this is a playoff type matchup since the Oilers won't be there and we'll never see a back to back but win anyway please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad