GDT: #78 - BLACKHAWKS at SABRES – FRI APR 3 @ 7:00 PM ET – MSG-B, BELL TV – WGR

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
:hawks vs. :sabres

BLACKHAWKS (47-24-6) at SABRES (22-47-8)

NHL.com Game Preview: Blackhawks visit Sabres, aim for fourth straight win
[NHL]797605[/NHL]

Season series: Andrew Shaw was one of six Chicago Blackhawks to score a goal in a 6-2 win against the Buffalo Sabres at United Center on Oct. 11. Brandon Saad had three assists.

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview: 4/3/15 vs. CHI

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 326)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Cody McCormick (lower body, Jan. 13; injured reserve) – 34 games
Josh Gorges (lower body, Feb. 15; injured reserve) – 22 games
Evander Kane (shoulder, Feb. 15; injured reserve) – 22 games
Zemgus Girgensons (lower body, Feb. 26; injured reserve) – 16 games
Chad Johnson (lower body, March 6) – 13 games
Jerry D’Amigo (upper body, March 23) – 5 games
Matt Hackett (undisclosed, March 30) – 2 games
Rasmus Ristolainen (flu, April 1) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
3/30: Recalled G Andrey Makarov from Rochester (AHL)
4/1: Assigned forward Tim Schaller to the Rochester Americans (AHL)
4/3: Recalled forward Tim Schaller from the Rochester Americans (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Saturday, April 4: Buffalo at NY Islanders, 7 p.m.
Monday, April 6: Carolina at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Friday, April 10: Buffalo at Columbus, 7 p.m.
Saturday, April 11: Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
BLACKHAWKS at SABRES

This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Blackhawks this season.
Last meeting: Chicago defeated Buffalo, 6-2, in Chicago on Oct. 11
The Sabres are 3-7-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Blackhawks; 5-4-1 at home
This is the 115th game all-time between Buffalo and Chicago; Buffalo has a 53-48-13 series record.
The Sabres are 34-16-7 at home against the Blackhawks all-time.

Here are the projected lineups:

BLACKHAWKS

Kris Versteeg – Jonathan Toews – Marian Hossa

Patrick Sharp – Brad Richards – Antoine Vermette

Bryan Bickell – Andrew Shaw – Brandon Saad

Andrew Desjardins – Marcus Kruger – Teuvo Teravainen

Johnny Oduya – Niklas Hjalmarsson

Duncan Keith – Michal Rozsival

Kimmo Timonen – Brent Seabrook

Scott Darling

Corey Crawford

Scratched: David Rundblad, Kyle Baun, Michael Paliotta

Injured: Patrick Kane (clavicle), Daniel Carcillo (upper body), Joakim Nordstrom (upper body)

SABRES

Matt Moulson – Johan Larsson – Tyler Ennis

Marcus Foligno – Mikhail Grigorenko – Brian Gionta

Cody Hodgson – Matt Ellis – Zac Dalpe

Nicolas Deslauriers – Philip Varone – Patrick Kaleta

Andre Benoit – Zach Bogosian

Nikita Zadorov – Andrej Meszaros

Tyson Strachan – Rasmus Ristolainen

Anders Lindback

Andrey Makarov

Scratched: None

Injured: Mike Weber (undisclosed), Matt Hackett (lower body), Jerry D'Amigo (facial surgery), Zemgus Girgensons (lower body), Josh Gorges (lower body), Chad Johnson (lower body), Cody McCormick (blood clots), Evander Kane (shoulder)

Status update: Kane worked out Friday morning. He is working on returning from a broken clavicle sustained Feb. 24 against the Florida Panthers.

Who's hot: Toews has a four-game point streak with three goals and an assist. Hossa has a goal and three assists during a three-game point streak. … Meszaros has a three-game point streak with four goals and an assist during that time. Dalpe has a goal and two assists during his three-game point streak.

Last edited:

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Not gonna lie, I'm a little worried what with this being game 2 of a back to back with Chicago and us most likely facing another backup. But I'll be cautiously optimistic and say

4-2 Hawks

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Trap game. 2nd game in a back to back for Chicago against a team they will take lightly. 3-2 SO win for Buffalo.

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
Things are going to get ugly if the Sabres win this one. I'm expecting a regulation loss, though.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
Not gonna lie, I'm a little worried what with this being game 2 of a back to back with Chicago and us most likely facing another backup. But I'll be cautiously optimistic and say

4-2 Hawks

Darling has been very good all year. The hawks have been bad. Hopefully they lose tonight to Vancouver so that the game against the Sabres will almost be a must win for them to maintain playoff seeding...

Hawks can clinch the playoffs with a win tonight. Hopefully they lose & clinch on friday

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Hawks win on talent alone. Should be back to losing ways
So does Toronto and every team but Arizona.

Chicago clinched a playoff spot tonight. Probably land in Buffalo in an hour or two. Playing their backup tomorrow.

I mean. It would kind of be Buffalo luck to beat the team we should almost certainly lose to. The reverse Lindy Ruff. :laugh:

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
So does Toronto and every team but Arizona.

Chicago clinched a playoff spot tonight. Probably land in Buffalo in an hour or two. Playing their backup tomorrow.

I mean. It would kind of be Buffalo luck to beat the team we should almost certainly lose to. The reverse Lindy Ruff. :laugh:

Yeah we are definitely winning this one.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I'm hoping the crowd sits on their hands the entire game. A silent arena. No reaction to anything. That's what the players would prefer, right?

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
With the schedule we have left, I'm really only super worried about beating Derp-olina...especially after the beatdown they took against Florida tonight.

Knowing this team though, they'll put a thrashing on one of the teams that already has the playoffs locked up and doesn't care anymore...just to screw with all of us.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
If we win this one then **** is going to hit the fan

Things are going to get ugly if the Sabres win this one. I'm expecting a regulation loss, though.

Yes...at least, until the Coyotes pull off a surprise win in San Jose to restore the 2 point difference. ;)

Hopefully they lose tonight to Vancouver so that the game against the Sabres will almost be a must win for them to maintain playoff seeding...

Hawks can clinch the playoffs with a win tonight. Hopefully they lose & clinch on friday

But they're only 1 point out of the division lead that would also give them home ice - so that's as much an incentive as just clinching playoff spot IMO.

It would kind of be Buffalo luck to beat the team we should almost certainly lose to.

Well, if Murphy's Law were in effect that way, then shouldn't the Sabres have lost to two teams they were expected to beat this week? ;)

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Y
Well, if Murphy's Law were in effect that way, then shouldn't the Sabres have lost to two teams they were expected to beat this week? ;)
I wish. I meant more that it would be hilarious to see them blow this coming out of the gate.

"Okay guys let's do this. We only have to worry about the Columbus and Carolina game... maybe the Pittsburgh ga... annnndddd we just beat Chicago."

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
Yes...at least, until the Coyotes pull off a surprise win in San Jose to restore the 2 point difference. ;)

But they're only 1 point out of the division lead that would also give them home ice - so that's as much an incentive as just clinching playoff spot IMO.

I overstated it by saying if they lost it'd be a "must win."

Doesn't matter, hawks beat Canucks tonight. Luckily Darling is a very good backup and has outplayed Crawford at times this year so it won't be the usual trash goaltending this team has seen all year.

Hawks ought to win handily.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad