Post-Game Talk: #77 | Flyers at Sabres | April 5, 2024 | Loss

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Tampa clinched and didn't even play.

Flyers can at best hit 41 wins and 93 points. They could still finish third in the division with that total. Last year, that would have put them in the second wild card, miss just one point and they'd be out entirely.

Ersson has to play every game here on out for that minute chance to happen...Fedetov is not NHL ready at all.

Reactions: Boocowski

Boocowski

Mar 31, 2024
I don't think he's arrogant, I think he's right.

The big Russian goalie was a disappointment and really, I thought the Flyers out worked and out played them all game. Difference was the goaltending and the simple fact the Flyers have very little high end scoring talent and the sabres have guys who can score on a single shot at any moment.

We were not supposed to be anywhere near here. Team has overachieved this year by a lot. Torts has laid the right foundation for the team to build on. Regarding that PP comment, they just don't have the high end talent for it but one has to believe that will be added next year and beyond. One would hope anyway.

They are building a team for Michkov to slide into and dominate. Despite this recent late season slide I really like where this team is headed.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
It's a shame the Wings or Caps couldn't capitalize tonight. Need the Pens to keep their hot streak going but they have the Leafs tomorrow. The Flyers should have tired legs on the second half of a back to back though which is good.

Wings, Caps, and Pens all have a game in hand too

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

Hexxxy

Feb 25, 2017
His arrogance is off the charts.
To think this guy was in the Jack Adams conversation

It's a shame the Wings or Caps couldn't capitalize tonight. Need the Pens to keep their hot streak going but they have the Leafs tomorrow. The Flyers should have tired legs on the second half of a back to back though which is good.

Wings, Caps, and Pens all have a game in hand too
wait are you a flyers fan or nah

• Haha
Reactions: DancingPanther

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries

The big Russian goalie was a disappointment and really, I thought the Flyers out worked and out played them all game. Difference was the goaltending and the simple fact the Flyers have very little high end scoring talent and the sabres have guys who can score on a single shot at any moment.

We were not supposed to be anywhere near here. Team has overachieved this year by a lot. Torts has laid the right foundation for the team to build on. Regarding that PP comment, they just don't have the high end talent for it but one has to believe that will be added next year and beyond. One would hope anyway.

They are building a team for Michkov to slide into and dominate. Despite this recent late season slide I really like where this team is headed.
They are going to finish about 10 points better mainly due to the fact that their best and most important skater returned and played the majority of the season.

They are the same flawed roster as they have been, coached by the same mediocre coach with an inflated ego as they have been and the prospect cupboard is still pretty much empty.

MM has the chance to be a great player, but this is a team thats already too old to age gracefully around him. Currently they aren't set up for him to come in and dominate, at least not long term.

At best they are set up for him to come in and add amazing depth to an at best solid roster for a year or two, and by the time he is really ready to step up and be the guy the roster will have degraded.

It's Giroux 2.0 and you can look forward to a decade of them floundering to build a roster around him while blaming him for the lack of team success.

#maximumpain #sameasiteverwas

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Who won’t be blamed for one of biggest collapses in franchise history.

Torts, Rocky, Shawsy, Jones Briere Hilferty Cates Laughton Hathaway Nicky D Staalsy EJ Fisto Seelsy Tippy Forrester Poheling

Who will be blamed
Couts Frost TK Farabee York Sanheim Hart Errson Fedotov

The script is written.
Frost.... traded for a 3rd rnd pick in early offseason

"Don't worry about the PP..." - Torts

HOLY $HIT, are you kidding me?
100% Rocky survives the off season after Torts moves upstairs..

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

is this a sarcasm post ?

god i hope so...

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg

I stopped reading at "I don't think he's arrogant.." He is the definition of arrogant. He's the poster child for arrogance.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton

We need more game changers than just Michkov to be a serious threat...getting middle of the pack 1st round picks won't get us Gretzky or Orr, but another Darrel Powe and Trent Klatt.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
The Flyers by far have the easiest path going fwd to back into the POs. The Flyers Caps game will be consequential unless something changes drastically.
Easy path? They just went 0-3 against Montreal, Chicago, and Buffalo, no path is easy for this team.

Honestly, does anyone even want to watch this awful team in the playoffs?

7 wins in their last 23 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad